Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Please, Don't Draft This Guy

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    The Ravens under no circumstances should draft DK Metcalf, it would be a colossal mistake in my opinion.
    He seems to be a big David Boston fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He seems to be a big David Boston fan.
    That worries me even more

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm going with Butler.

I know some poeple love him, but I saw some technique issues and some focus issues with some of his drops on shorter routes. That makes me very nervous in the first round.
    Would you take him in round 2? Round 3? Or is he off your draft board entirely like the OP asks?

GOTA has an interesting take with Simmons. I wonder how many teams have him off their board. There aren't too many guys like that in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    That worries me even more
    That’s the only thing about him that bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Tougher question than at first glace. Initial reaction is, "DK Metcalf", but you're looking for an undraftable player, not a projected over-drafted player. I'm fine with gambling on Metcalf in Rd 3, around the same time other receivers are being drafted, and I'm all over him on Day Three.

Even Drew Lock, day three as a backup? Sure. But I will pick him, because I am sure he would be a malcontent under this scenario.
    Well this is just silly... dude could go top 5, probably will go too 10, very little chance he makes it to 20, but you would be ok taking him at 85 so he doesn’t count...

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    There are four different WRs I’d take over Clelin Ferrell 😂 that’s the beauty of this place though.
    With you... don’t see the fit... don’t see the explosiveness or ability in space. Doesn’t scream special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    With you... don’t see the fit... don’t see the explosiveness or ability in space. Doesn’t scream special to me.
    Tim Williams is explosive and has ability in space. What good has that done him or us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Do not take Andy Isabella or JJAW at 22.
    Both of those receivers are lauded by PFF as being amongst the best in the class. Isabella, in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Well this is just silly... dude could go top 5, probably will go too 10, very little chance he makes it to 20, but you would be ok taking him at 85 so he doesn’t count...
    OP states it:

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    A question of intensity.

Which player generates the most intense negative reaction at the thought of him being a Ravens at 22 or at any point.
    If the OP wants to clarify himself then I'll consider revising my statement.

Yea I'm with the above poster. I don't want JJAW at 22 or with any trade back in the first. Too meh of a prospect for that high.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Most of the WRs have been mentioned, but a non-WR I want the Ravens not to reach for at 22 is Bradbury. They don't have a 2nd, so they can't get him then at a reasonable intersection of need and value. That probably means they'll need to draft a different IOL sometime after.

The Ravens must be prepared to draft at 22, because I expect the draft capital returns to trade down to be underwhelming. In so doing, they need to avoid a 10-15 selection reach, even if it means avoiding 1 of the 4 positions of most desperate need.

Blog Entries

I don't watch much college football but N'Keal Harry seems like a guy who couldn't separate in college...