Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Darth Maul-Them-All

Assume it’s the end of Day 2 and the Ravens have yet to draft a WR.

After which round, after which receiver is off the board, do you say, “We’re not getting a meaningful contributor at WR this year, so let’s just beat people up. It’s better to draft another O-lineman and maul people, or another pass rusher who makes QBs lives miserable, than it is to draft any remaining receiver”

Who is your last receiver: your last best hope before giving yourself over to the ground-and-pound Dark Side?

Blog Entries

Re: Darth Maul-Them-All

That depends on if Michael Campanaro is a FA or yet again on IR... Bc

If we get to the end of day two without a WR I’ll be too busy rioting to care who we pick on day three 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    If we get to the end of day two without a WR I’ll be too busy rioting to care who we pick on day three 😂
    And I’ll be too busy acting like I told him so. Lol

In all seriousness, for me, that WR’s name is Anthony Johnson. I picked him for the Denver Flaccos in the RSR Draft. He’s a mid-round pick based on projections I’ve seen or remember seeing at least. After him, there’s not a thing Jim, Shaslers or anybody else will be able to say to calm me.

Hunter Renfrow or Gary Jennings Jr After that ....Riot! Draft pass rush or big Oline

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And I’ll be too busy acting like I told him so. Lol

In all seriousness, for me, that WR’s name is Anthony Johnson. I picked him for the Denver Flaccos in the RSR Draft. He’s a mid-round pick based on projections I’ve seen or remember seeing at least. After him, there’s not a thing Jim, Shaslers or anybody else will be able to say to calm me.
    Idk when your “I told you so” embargo is lifted, but if that happens I will start a “you told me so” thread for you.

Idk when your “I told you so” embargo is lifted, but if that happens I will start a “you told me so” thread for you.
    My man! Dude you have to stick around this year past the draft. You bring it bro.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Blog Entries

The beginning of the season. I mean, it's not as if Eric Ebron cured his drops. His targets just increased significantly and he was utilized more in the red-zone. However, he still ended up with far more touchdowns than I thought he would, so fair is fair.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

9. Re: Darth Maul-Them-All

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Assume it’s the end of Day 2 and the Ravens have yet to draft a WR.

After which round, after which receiver is off the board, do you say, “We’re not getting a meaningful contributor at WR this year, so let’s just beat people up. It’s better to draft another O-lineman and maul people, or another pass rusher who makes QBs lives miserable, than it is to draft any remaining receiver”

Who is your last receiver: your last best hope before giving yourself over to the ground-and-pound Dark Side?
    By “meaningful contributor,” I take you to mean this year, which means potentially better than Snead, Moore, and Roberts. Frankly, I think the question is loaded, as the odds of getting someone AFTER day 2 to contribute more than the penciled-in top 3 of the WR depth chart is slim...even our depth chart.

That said, I’ll go with Miles Boykin. I don’t know if he’ll last to our first pick in the fourth round, but if not, I don’t see anyone else that offers the glimmer of hope to which you’re alluding (with all due respects to our board Hunter Renfrow enthusiasts).

Regardless, our WR “room” is so bad, there are 6th/7th/UDFAs with the potential to improve our depth chart. We should not miss the opportunity to select 2 in this draft.

Wide receiver might end up being another day 3 player again. I don’t see it being a high priority this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Wide receiver might end up being another day 3 player again. I don’t see it being a high priority this draft.
    I think it’s a high priority but I also think the draft could fall in such a way that other areas of need (and there are more than a couple) are addressed first. Assume zero trades and the Ravens first pick on Day 3 is overall #113. That’s still in what EDC calls the sweet spot of the draft, so I’m not going to freak out if/when it happens.

To answer the OP question and based on projections by round, if it goes past Hunter Renfrow and Travis Fulgham without the Ravens selecting a WR, you’re probably looking at marginal WRs left on the board and the remaining picks could be used more effectively elsewhere.

Looking over the overall list, there are about 35 WRs I'm comfortable drafting. Pretty long list but I know it's not complete, or refined enough.

Some late round draft guys include:

Johnny Dixon, Ohio St
    Keelan Doss, UC Davis
    Jazz Ferguson, Northwestern St
    John Ursua, Hawaii

Line of demarcation, I'll go with Jamal Custis, Syracuse. I would not draft him so, due to his combine speed I'll say if he is the highest WR left on the board, I turn to UDFA and camp cuts.