Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A stupid question that isn't

The board seems a little slow and maybe we need a pre-draft debate that isn't about politics, so let me throw out a hypothetical scenario.

I have nothing against Lamar Jackson and look forward to watching his development, that said we all know that there are questions about his game and long term durability

So what would you do if Dwayne Haskins somehow fell to 22 as some analysts are predicting?

Blog Entries

Re: A stupid question that isn't

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    The board seems a little slow and maybe we need a pre-draft debate that isn't about politics, so let me throw out a hypothetical scenario.

I have nothing against Lamar Jackson and look forward to watching his development, that said we all know that there are questions about his game and long term durability

So what would you do if Dwayne Haskins somehow fell to 22 as some analysts are predicting?
    No way he drops that far. The Redskins love him, so he won't get by them. They might even trade up to get him.

I'd take the best of the trade offers.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

I think there are tons of questions about Jackson's play and long term durability. None of those were answered his rookie season which is why you don't even consider a 1st round QB. If Haskins is there at #22 you find a team that wants him trade down.

If things look bad this season then you consider other options for 2020. That would be after a full offseason, training camp, offense built around LJ and players added to work with his strengths. None of that was in place last year. You have to give the plan a chance to succeed before looking at the next one.

I’d take him and let him and Lj fight it out in camp to see who would be the starter... I have no problem in taking him and if he seems better in camp and pre season then he is our starter. I mean what has Lj shown to crown him the number one QB ...

I mean as a team that wants to trade back this is a dream scenario and a no brainer.

Blog Entries

Agreed - perfect trade back opportunity to maximize value

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This is not the year to hedge on Lamar Jackson. 2020 QB class is supposed to be great and if Lamar sucks we will have a high pick to do that.

Trade back. If Lamar fails then we should be in a good spot to draft another QB next year.
    Although in a later round if a guy like Tyree Jackson is there ...grab him.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Blog Entries

I am not high on Dwayne Haskins as a prospect. In my opinion, he is too slow through his reads and has issues with a narrow base and his arm angle.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I’d take him and let him and Lj fight it out in camp to see who would be the starter... I have no problem in taking him and if he seems better in camp and pre season then he is our starter. I mean what has Lj shown to crown him the number one QB ...
    You mean besides beating out a guy who won a Super Bowl and helping the team go 6-1 (with an OT loss against the #1 seed) and make the playoffs? Right, not a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'd take the best of the trade offers.
    This. Good opportunity for a high value trade.