Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lottery tickets; your favorite late-round/UDFA prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    2-3 years out, I would not be surprised if Williams is one of the best WRs from this class.
    I wanted to like Preston but his measurables leave a wholeeee lot to be desired. Maybe he becomes something, but the off the field stuff combined with being a bad athlete takes him off the board for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I wanted to like Preston but his measurables leave a wholeeee lot to be desired. Maybe he becomes something, but the off the field stuff combined with being a bad athlete takes him off the board for me.
    Yup. His pro day was gar-baj, but with as little as he's actually played over the past four years, he's pretty good at football.

He has some pretty strong outliers going against him though, no question.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I've got to use some objective measurement so I'll go with players ranked lower than 300th by CBS Sports
    I took your cue and used the CBS Sports ranking as well, but since this is a "late-round/UDFA" thread, I started my choosing from #160, since that is currently the 5th round pick the Ravens have in the draft. So, my list . . .

Sheldrick Redwine (S, Miami)
    Cameron Smith (LB, USC)
    Greg Dortch (WR, Wake Forrest)
    Ty Johnson (RB, Maryland)
    Armon Watts (iDL, Arkansas)

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I took your cue and used the CBS Sports ranking as well, but since this is a "late-round/UDFA" thread, I started my choosing from #160, since that is currently the 5th round pick the Ravens have in the draft. So, my list . . .

Sheldrick Redwine (S, Miami)
    Cameron Smith (LB, USC)
    Greg Dortch (WR, Wake Forrest)
    Ty Johnson (RB, Maryland)
    Armon Watts (iDL, Arkansas)
    I loooove Armon Watts
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Yup. His pro day was gar-baj, but with as little as he's actually played over the past four years, he's pretty good at football.

He has some pretty strong outliers going against him though, no question.
    I haven’t watched him much but what little of him I have he certainly looked athletic enough. That’s interesting.