Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lying Season

Blog Entries

Lying Season

I thought it’d be interesting to start a thread about what declarations and information posters feel are a blatant lie, with regard to the draft. A team showing interest in a certain player. A team wanting to trade up or down. Anything along those lines.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Lying Season

Anything about denver drafting a QB is a bold faced lie.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I agree with that one. If they wanted one of these particular QBs, they would have kept Keemun and simply drafted the QB who fits what Scangarello is about to run. Why go through giving up a mid-round pick to acquire a more expensive QB, for all of that?

Now, unless Denver has ridiculous success this upcoming season with Flacco at QB, I absolutely believe they will be looking for a QB in the 2020 draft.

I could even see them trading out of 10, with a team who wants a QB, and using the haul to set themselves up for maneuvering in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You're probably right, but funny enough I did a mock draft on another site (I snagged the center bradbury) and the denver fans group picked the QB Haskins lmao.

Personally, I think rumors of EDC grabbing a WR in the first is a lie to drum up trade interest.

I don't Think Arizona is taking Murray either... I think they Will grab Bosa I’d they can’t trade down...

Blog Entries

"I'm an NFL GM, I never lie!"

"Well, maybe not never."

... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 04-19-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries

There is a lot less chatter this year than any that I can remember. Instead of trying to spread misinformation most teams are just keeping quiet.

The only obvious false rumor that I’ve heard is that the Packers are looking to draft a QB in round 1 and then look to trade Rodgers in a year or two. I’m not buying that at all.

Well, theres the Rosen Situation where everyone is sure he’s leaving and the Cards didn’t put him in their first “welcome back” video. But they put him in the second one they released... It seems kinda fishy to me.

9. Re: Lying Season

Quote Originally Posted by heartattackjones View Post
    You're probably right, but funny enough I did a mock draft on another site (I snagged the center bradbury) and the denver fans group picked the QB Haskins lmao.

Personally, I think rumors of EDC grabbing a WR in the first is a lie to drum up trade interest.
    To your point. I am hoping that everything we are doing with Metcalf is a smokescreen

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    To your point. I am hoping that everything we are doing with Metcalf is a smokescreen

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    God I hope so.

I don't consider it lying season at all. Everybody should know to not trust a damn thing a GM would say. Or, the GM would just say something very generic that doesn't say anything that we don't already know: "We're trying to get more physical upfront", "We're trying to use the draft to get faster and younger" "We're going after high character guys, who do things are way" etc.

Any GM actually being honest or giving anything useful would be as stupid as giving the opposing team your actual playbook the day before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I don't consider it lying season at all. Everybody should know to not trust a damn thing a GM would say. Or, the GM would just say something very generic that doesn't say anything that we don't already know: "We're trying to get more physical upfront", "We're trying to use the draft to get faster and younger" "We're going after high character guys, who do things are way" etc.

Any GM actually being honest or giving anything useful would be as stupid as giving the opposing team your actual playbook the day before the game.
    Similar to what we did in the playoffs?