Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: A response to "infanticide".

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    We actually had my first daughter at 36 weeks because the pregnancy was a threat to my wife's health. Not sure what scenario they would say an abortion is a better idea than inducement though for similar circumstances.

By the third trimester it's viable.
    correct...

That scenario has played out probably millions of times throughout history.

I think we would all like to know why killing the baby is more appropriate than simply giving birth or having a C-Section. I have yet to hear an instance where this has happened or could happen. That's what we're waiting for TecmoRaven to show us. W/o that supporting evidence, the whole "3rd-term abortion argument" is bunk and anyone who supports it is doing so illogically.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    correct...

That scenario has played out probably millions of times throughout history.

I think we would all like to know why killing the baby is more appropriate than simply giving birth or having a C-Section. I have yet to hear an instance where this has happened or could happen. That's what we're waiting for TecmoRaven to show us. W/o that supporting evidence, the whole "3rd-term abortion argument" is bunk and anyone who supports it is doing so illogically.
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

If he was unaware of this information it’s okay to change your mind now that you know it.

After further research I believe I can more pointedly state my position. There are conditions, such as ectopic pregnancies, that if not diagnosed can lead to severe danger at any time in the pregnancy. If this danger occurs the removal of the fetus may be necessary, and if the fetus is viable, a c-section is the only accepted course. However, if the fetus is within certainty not viable, an abortion is a much safer practice for the mother. There are also examples of a fetus having a heartbeat and a brain stem, but no viable brain function.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoRaven View Post
    After further research I believe I can more pointedly state my position. There are conditions, such as ectopic pregnancies, that if not diagnosed can lead to severe danger at any time in the pregnancy. If this danger occurs the removal of the fetus may be necessary, and if the fetus is viable, a c-section is the only accepted course. However, if the fetus is within certainty not viable, an abortion is a much safer practice for the mother. There are also examples of a fetus having a heartbeat and a brain stem, but no viable brain function.
    An ectopic pregnancy is basically a miscarriage and it happens during the 1st trimester. This can result in the mother bleeding to death if not treated.

There is no data to support an ectopic pregnancy resulting in a successful birth...ever.

This doesn't really answer the question we've been asking, but...thanx for researching it to try and prove your point.

Blog Entries

An ectopic pregnancy is basically a miscarriage and it happens during the 1st trimester. This can result in the mother bleeding to death if not treated.

There is no data to support an ectopic pregnancy resulting in a successful birth...ever.

This doesn't really answer the question we've been asking, but...thanx for researching it to try and prove your point.
    Yeah, we're looking for 3rd trimester abortions.

Tecmo, you can search all you want, but the procedure for complications in the 3rd trimester has been around forever - it's s C-section.

Assuming the mother was in normal conditions, as in she was planning to be pregnant and put in the expected pipeline of doctor visits. If the mother is unaware of her pregnancy, or is aware and does not seek medical attention, the complications from an ectopic pregnancy might not be known until the mother experiences severe bleeding or crippling abdominal pain. At this point she may be in a life or death situation, and since a non viable fetus is common with ectopic pregnancies, an abortion would be much safer for the mother. If the fetus is viable a C-section is the natural choice, assuming no reasonable risk to the mother.

If there is a life or death risk to the mother in any case it should be her choice.

I think we established that if killing a child in the 3rd trimester will save mom’s life...sure.

That has never happened nor will it happen...ever. A medical emergency in the trimester should result in a c-section surgery. Not an abortion. All laws should reflect this. They don’t. The politicians pushing for it are disgusting pieces of trash.

Just acknowledge that fact and call it a day.

I think we established that if killing a child in the 3rd trimester will save mom’s life...sure.

That has never happened nor will it happen...ever. A medical emergency in the trimester should result in a c-section surgery. Not an abortion. All laws should reflect this. They don’t. The politicians pushing for it are disgusting pieces of trash.

Just acknowledge that fact and call it a day.
    Why perform a more dangerous procedure if the fetus is not viable. As in may not have a fully developed skull, or other serious issues. In these rare cases an abortion, as in removing the non viable fetus through the birth canal, is more appropriate.

Blog Entries

Why perform a more dangerous procedure if the fetus is not viable. As in may not have a fully developed skull, or other serious issues. In these rare cases an abortion, as in removing the non viable fetus through the birth canal, is more appropriate.

If... if I agree there are those cases exactly as you speak. Why most it be an abortion. Did you watch the video of a 3rd trimester abortion?

Delivery of the baby is still required, that or they rip it apart limb by limb. How is that more appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If... if I agree there are those cases exactly as you speak. Why most it be an abortion. Did you watch the video of a 3rd trimester abortion?

Delivery of the baby is still required, that or they rip it apart limb by limb. How is that more appropriate?
    If the fetus can't sustain life why would you perform a considerably more dangerous procedure for the mother? I'm not watching the video, if the fetus can't sustain life it's the equivalent of removing a tumor. I can imagine it would be gruesome to see tiny arms and legs being ripped out of a woman. Imagine how traumatic it is for the mother.

Blog Entries

If the fetus can't sustain life why would you perform a considerably more dangerous procedure for the mother? I'm not watching the video, if the fetus can't sustain life it's the equivalent of removing a tumor. I can imagine it would be gruesome to see tiny arms and legs being ripped out of a woman. Imagine how traumatic it is for the mother.

If you don’t watch the video it’s the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going “ la la la la “. 3rd trimester abortions are extremely dangerous for the woman. And if delivery is required either way, why do you have to kill it first? Think THAT wouldn’t be hard on the mother?

And this is getting away from your original point that they’re for the mother, which isn’t true.

I believe you said the following...

What abnormalities endanger the mother?

There isn't an "abnormality" that exists which would require you to kill a baby in the 3rd trimester to save the mother. Will you acknowledge that? Or...if you don't...prove that such an abnormality exists.

This isn't complicated.
    Abnormality that can and does occur in the 3rd trimester :::preeclampsia

Now while you are correct the “medical” solution for this is a C -section and it is most definitely done to SAVE the MOTHER. If you preform a C-section at week 28 there is only a 70% chance of survival of the baby. And that doesn’t take into account any birth defects or later developing health issues for the baby. So ....if you are in the 30% then yes the Hospital has effectively preformed an abortion ( third term ) to save the mother.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp