Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: A response to "infanticide".

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I love animals. And they’re delicious.

Are you a vegan because killing animals is wrong? Or because you think it’s healthier?
    P.E.T.A.

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals. Lol.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

What would be a good enough reason to get one that should be allowed? (Aside for medical reasons which have been well established in this thread)
    That's pretty much it. High risk pregnancy should not be forced to completion. The hard part is when doctors and government disagree about what is considered high risk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    That's pretty much it. High risk pregnancy should not be forced to completion. The hard part is when doctors and government disagree about what is considered high risk.
    The majority of high risk pregnancies are manageable and easily defined. We don’t need the laws we have to say that just uses the term “health” which can include mental, emotional, financial or social.

Plus I’m not really talking about pregnancy where the mothers life is in danger. You said “where there isn’t a good enough reason to get one”. Are you agreeing with me that aside from the mothers life being in danger there isn’t a good reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Having dealt with my grandson being a premie ...I know how hard it is. My wife and I were at the hospital everyday we could be. My wife was there everyday. He was touch and go for a long while. He “lived in a machine “ for almost 3 months. My daughter went to Mandatory counseling three times a week to prepare for that. So to say “been there ,done that “ I have.
    So all this commentary begs the questions of why wasn't this baby aborted??? I mean apparently is was very traumatic for many. You know lots of doctors/friends who think life begins at viability. Yet all that effort was expended for your grand baby.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So all this commentary begs the questions of why wasn't this baby aborted??? I mean apparently is was very traumatic for many. You know lots of doctors/friends who think life begins at viability. Yet all that effort was expended for your grand baby.
    Was never a thought. Again. ....if you guys would actually READ other people’s posts you’d see that I’m NOT PRO ABORTION. I’d never want to have one. That said I also don’t want the Gov telling me what to do with every thing. Abortion is a legal problem or issue. It’s a moral or medical issue. Doesn’t need Gov involvement.

For the record ...my daughter had two choices when my grandson was born ...a C-Section ( which she chose ) or an abortion. At that moment it was her life or his. She chose the path of least resistance and best hope for both of them. Again ...she chose. Not the GoV. And this wasn’t some shady ass PP clinic ...this was at Johns Hopkins.

Blog Entries

Was never a thought. Again. ....if you guys would actually READ other people’s posts you’d see that I’m NOT PRO ABORTION. I’d never want to have one. That said I also don’t want the Gov telling me what to do with every thing. Abortion is a legal problem or issue. It’s a moral or medical issue. Doesn’t need Gov involvement.

Lax, I know you're not pro-abortion. There are tons of things the government tells us we can't do with our bodies. Drugs, prostitution etc. I'd trade those for ending abortion as the others are things you're doing with YOUR body, abortion is doing something to someone elses body.

I for the life of me just can't comprehended how people see life in the womb as anything different than life outside the womb. Is life less valuable based off where it' geographically located?

Lax, I know you're not pro-abortion. There are tons of things the government tells us we can't do with our bodies. Drugs, prostitution etc. I'd trade those for ending abortion as the others are things you're doing with YOUR body, abortion is doing something to someone elses body.

I for the life of me just can't comprehended how people see life in the womb as anything different than life outside the womb. Is life less valuable based off where it' geographically located?
    It’s a character flaw. To me ...until you are here ...you ain’t here. I know I’m complicated. I’m an avid hunter / fisher but I can’t stand the idea of poachers. I’m anti “big game “ hunting. I mean who eats a Lion?
    While I don’t believe a baby is real until it’s viable outside the mother , I personally don’t see 1st term abortion as murder. After that ...eh.
    For what it’s worth I don’t think prostitution should be illegal either. Lol.

Blog Entries

It’s a character flaw. To me ...until you are here ...you ain’t here. I know I’m complicated. I’m an avid hunter / fisher but I can’t stand the idea of poachers. I’m anti “big game “ hunting. I mean who eats a Lion?
    While I don’t believe a baby is real until it’s viable outside the mother , I personally don’t see 1st term abortion as murder. After that ...eh.
    For what it’s worth I don’t think prostitution should be illegal either. Lol.

You'd be against after 8 weeks, when they can feel pain etc. but it's not murder during the first term. You don't see them as real until it's viable outside the mother, but you're against it after the first term, but it's not murder in the first term, but you're against it after 8 weeks

I mean... clearly I'm not making any progress here so I'm not going to try. But I will say.. you have successfully confused the shit out of me!

You'd be against after 8 weeks, when they can feel pain etc. but it's not murder during the first term. You don't see them as real until it's viable outside the mother, but you're against it after the first term, but it's not murder in the first term, but you're against it after 8 weeks

I mean... clearly I'm not making any progress here so I'm not going to try. But I will say.. you have successfully confused the shit out of me!
    Mission accomplished

For the record ...my daughter had two choices when my grandson was born ...a C-Section ( which she chose ) or an abortion. At that moment it was her life or his. She chose the path of least resistance and best hope for both of them. Again ...she chose. Not the GoV. And this wasn’t some shady ass PP clinic ...this was at Johns Hopkins.

I'm using this more as a point to understand those holding the opposing opinion to you. In that there was never a thought, it was most likely because it was considered a person. Which, really boils down NCRavens point.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I'm using this more as a point to understand those holding the opposing opinion to you. In that there was never a thought, it was most likely because it was considered a person. Which, really boils down NCRavens point.
    Yes. My grandson was born at 33ish weeks. So well into the final trimester. 21 weeks is usually considered “viable “ outside the mother. But even at 32/33 he still lived in an incubator for almost 3 months. But yes it does support NCs stance and I agree 100% that late term abortions shouldn’t be done. A c-section can be preformed in most cases and then it’s up to med care to keep the baby alive.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    It's healthier if you do it right. The hardest thing I ever had to do was cutting out junk food. Sugar is more addictive than any drug out there. Stopping meat is easy in comparison. If you love animals like me you should be a vegan!
    How do you get fat soluble vitamins and sufficient protein? My understanding is that's difficult to do without jumping into a lot of processed stuff.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk