Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mark Andrews ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    His blocking was actually better than advertised last year. If I had to do a player comparison, I could see him becoming similar to Zach Ertz in terms of talent/role
    I thought so as well. That was the main thing he had no experience of since he was basically a big slot in college, but i thought he showed some ability there as well.

Ertz may be a good comparison. Im not as familiar with his blocking ability as i havent watched many Eagles games lately. If he becomes another Greg Olsen, that would be high praise from me, as I thought hes been consistently the best complete TE outside of Gronk the last decade.
    -JAB

2. Re: Mark Andrews ceiling

I think he can be a top 5 TE, I love his combination of size and speed and love his game. I remember he looked lost in the early preseason and you can see the improvements every game. He's gonna be a beast this year and he'll also be a steal very late in fantasy football drafts
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He'll be the best tight end in football in two years. Book it.
    It's definitely possible. He has every attribute you could ask for to be the best in the league.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He was virtually nothing other than a set of reliable hands attached to 80% the athlete Andrews is...
    Well, in fairness, "a set of reliable hands" sounds pretty fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    But his ceiling stat wise I would expect to be 600-700 yards range. Soley because there is going to be a lack of targets most likely.

If he was on another team say Patriots, I could see him 900-1000 yard range as the primary TE
    Difference between talent vs usage.

I agree with you that Andrews isn't likely to get the usage (targets) here to put up 900 or 1000 yds. I don't quite agree with you that Andrews is enough of an athlete to be that productive. I don't see him as quite the Gronk / Jimmy Graham / Kelce -level mismatch.

Damn good player, though. I'm glad to have him.

His blocking was actually better than advertised last year.
    Agree. Based on his prospect profile, I expected him to be sawft. He was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Andrews' ceiling is the Hall of Fame, and his floor is breaking every bone in his body and never seeing the field again.

That's not, y'know, terrible useful.

Blog Entries

I believe a lot of people mistaked his role in OK's system with him not being able to block at all.... he just had more use to them as a receiver than as a blocker. It wasn't that he couldn't do it at all. He needs development, sure, but that's because he wasn't asked to do too much of that in college and did not have as much experience as most of the other TE's did coming out
    That’s a very sensible and logical explanation of why he was perceived the way he was coming out of Oklahoma.

Blog Entries

Thanks! When I hear that come from you I take that as an excellent compliment, Sword.
    Well, I was down on him as a prospect, but you described some reasons why someone would feel the way I may have felt after watching his tape.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-18-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A. I think His ceiling is 90% of Travis Kielce.
    B. He might already be as good as Pitta ever was. The Hero worship of that guy was always perplexing to me. He was virtually nothing other than a set of reliable hands attached to 80% the athlete Andrews is...
    Gilmore (who I was stoked for) put up better numbers in the first two years if I recall correctly. Pittas love comes from the playoff run I believe.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Difference between talent vs usage.

I agree with you that Andrews isn't likely to get the usage (targets) here to put up 900 or 1000 yds. I don't quite agree with you that Andrews is enough of an athlete to be that productive. I don't see him as quite the Gronk / Jimmy Graham / Kelce -level mismatch.

Damn good player, though. I'm glad to have him.
    Why wouldn’t Andrews get those kinds of targets? This offense has limited passing weapons, and largely flows throughout tight ends. I don’t think, down the line (projecting average improvement from Jackson) a 1,000 yard season is out of the question for Andrews, or even Hurst.