Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Mark Andrews ceiling

Making this thread to appreciate Mark Andrew's solid rookie season and also speculate about how good he can get. Much is always said about the misses, but we certainly got great value in our 3rd rd from last year.

He has the athletic ability to be as good as anyone, but can he make those contested clutch catches Heap and Pitta were able to make on a consistent basis? Will he be about as good as Pitta was, or can he be even better and as good as what Todd Heap was in his prime?

Re: Mark Andrews ceiling

A. I think His ceiling is 90% of Travis Kielce.
    B. He might already be as good as Pitta ever was. The Hero worship of that guy was always perplexing to me. He was virtually nothing other than a set of reliable hands attached to 80% the athlete Andrews is...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Making this thread to appreciate Mark Andrew's solid rookie season and also speculate about how good he can get. Much is always said about the misses, but we certainly got great value in our 3rd rd from last year.

He has the athletic ability to be as good as anyone, but can he make those contested clutch catches Heap and Pitta were able to make on a consistent basis? Will he be about as good as Pitta was, or can he be even better and as good as what Todd Heap was in his prime?
    He has alot of talent. I still believe Hurst does too. Lets hope last years lack of production was the foot he had surgery on and its healed.

But his ceiling stat wise I would expect to be 600-700 yards range. Soley because there is going to be a lack of targets most likely.

If he was on another team say Patriots, I could see him 900-1000 yard range as the primary TE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A. I think His ceiling is 90% of Travis Kielce.
    B. He might already be as good as Pitta ever was. The Hero worship of that guy was always perplexing to me. He was virtually nothing other than a set of reliable hands attached to 80% the athlete Andrews is...
    Agreed. Andrews will be (and as you said, may already be) far better than Pitta ever was, assuming he doesn't get hurt or something. I totally believe Andrews has the potential to be in the top 5 TEs NFL-wide as soon as this season. Probably one of our most important players in 2019 IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Andrews was my favorite TE going into the 2018 draft, so I was very pleased when we drafted him. That said, I think a healthy Hurst will take catches (stats) away from him as LJ learns to use both TEs frequently. He's got a bright future, but I wouldn't anoint him better than Pitta or as good as Todd Heap just yet... Bc

Blog Entries

I really dont see why there would be a ceiling for him. He has the size, speed, agility, route running and hands to be an everything TE. In our offense hell have the opportunities to deliver. I liked him as a prospect, I love him more after his rookie season. I think he has the physical attributes to be as good as any TE if he keeps working at it. The only thing hes really lacking right now is blocking, but again, hes 6'5 260lbs, with a little strength and technique, hell be more than capable as long as hes willing.

Im expecting a big jump from his this year.
    -JAB

I was mocking him to us in the 2nd round last year so I was ecstatic to get him in the 3rd. We still have yet to see him become the red zone target he was for Baker at OU. I expect that to change as he and Lamar get a rapport together.

I think his blocking will eventually become serviceable too. We seem to do well coaching up our TE in that regard.

As far as his ceiling, I think he can become every bit the player Zach Ertz currently is.

He'll be the best tight end in football in two years. Book it.

It's difficult to project ceiling and floor to me. Realistically any player can be great. Undrafted players like Arian Foster, to low round picks like Shannon Sharpe, to first overall picks like Andrew Luck can be completely dominant. And other 1st overall picks can fall completely flat, like Jamarcus Russell. Andrews' ceiling is the Hall of Fame, and his floor is breaking every bone in his body and never seeing the field again.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1118857067056574464

@MikeClayNFL
    Follow Follow @MikeClayNFL
    More
    Whoa! Here are the Top 10 Yards Per Target marks posted by rookie TEs since 2007. I'd say Jets Chris Herndon and Ravens Mark Andrews are in good company. #BuyBuyBuy
    andrews.png

9:41 AM - 18 Apr 2019

More
    For the record, Travis Kelce missed his entire rookie season but posted a 10.4 ypt in his de facto first season in 2014.

Dude's a stud who will only get better. That 68-yard TD against the Chargers was absolutely beautiful. Found a seam and split the defenders while Lamar hit him in stride.

Rookie Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=244UKvYfviI
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

told ya