View Poll Results: Which pick would make you happier?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Jacobs

2 8.70%
  • Your top WR

21 91.30%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Josh Jacobs vs your top WR

I would be ok with the Jacobs pick as he would be an immediate playmaker.

But that being said, I think the RB position has far greater depth than the WR or OL positions do.
    So whether its Jacobs, Ford, Mccoy, or a WR I will not have a problem with the pick.

If they select a player at a position of solid depth like CB than yes I will not be a happy fan.

Unless its Pass Rusher I do not want Defense unless Ed Oliver falls that far which I doubt he will

David Montgomery is just as good as Jacobs, and you can get him later.

I think theyre 1a and 1b

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    David Montgomery is just as good as Jacobs, and you can get him later.

I think theyre 1a and 1b
    Def an argument to be made for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Def an argument to be made for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iowa St Oline was trash. You give Montgomery that bama Oline...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

If they select a player at a position of solid depth like CB than yes I will not be a happy fan.

Unless its Pass Rusher I do not want Defense unless Ed Oliver falls that far which I doubt he will
    I pretty much thought the same, till I looked up which players have contracts expiring after this season. It's not pretty.

Jimmy Smith is out of contract at the end of 2019. Brandon Carr might retire or be cut for cap savings ($7M cap hit at age 34) going into the last year of his deal (his ends after the 2020 season). That would leave us with Marlon, Tavon and Averett going into 2020. A good start for sure, but not enough to hold up in today's NFL.

Even better, Pierce AND Willie Henry are also out of contract after this season. Do we extend both? Can we? Or would they rather test free agency?

Not to mention Willie Snead. AND Matthew Judon.

So no matter what, you can never totally sit on depth; contracts are always expiring and when they do they usually cost a lot to extend, or replace.

Only no-draft position I can see is Tackle, and even there you might see a late rounder with potential.

Ima cast a vote for not only my top WR but also my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th WRs (AJ, Butler, Harry, and Metcalf) over Jacobs as well. WRs 5-8 (JJAW, Deebo, Hollywood, and Harmon) vs Jacobs are a tossup, but I’d still probably take the receivers.

I absolutely hate it. With having signed Ingram who I think will have a great year, the ability in this system to help rbs (gus Edwards) , and the depth of the rbs in this draft in mid rounds (looking at miles sanders or Montgomery) I think it would not be smart to use our top draft pick on said position. Jacob's is no zeke or Barkley.

We have shown zero ability to develop mid round WRs so if there is a top guy when we are up with our first pick , you get him and get LJs guy.

This is prolly the pick I would least like out of everyone.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Hard no from me also. A good rb can be had in this draft in latter rounds. Hell we can prob get Bryce Love in the 4th or maybe later.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I

This is prolly the pick I would least like out of everyone.

CB worse in my mind but that’s about it...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    CB worse in my mind but that’s about it...
    But you can make a case for it as Jimmy's contract is coming to an end, he's expensive and injury history, along with the position injuries in the past that has hurt us. I'd be more than OK with a top cb over Jacob's.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Yeah by 2020 the CB depth chart is Marlon, Tavon, and... Averett?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    But you can make a case for it as Jimmy's contract is coming to an end, he's expensive and injury history, along with the position injuries in the past that has hurt us. I'd be more than OK with a top cb over Jacob's.

Only thing about a Corner is how many are 1 st round worthy? Two? Maybe every team needs better corners. They shouldn’t be an option at 22. IMHO

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp