Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Flacco is Ready if the Broncos take a QB

Flacco says the experience in Baltimore has prepared him for Denver if they draft a quarterback. It's a smart attitude to take because there is a good chance this will happen. This is from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ck-qb-at-no-10

Quarterback Joe Flacco has lived it before.

While with the Baltimore Ravens last year, Flacco watched as the team used a first-round pick on Lamar Jackson. Now with the Denver Broncos, Flacco could have a sense of déjà vu if the Broncos decide to use the 10th overall pick on a signal-caller in next week's draft.

Should the Broncos go that route, though, Flacco isn't fazed because of his experience in Baltimore.

"I think I had a pretty good outlook on it last year and it is what it is," Flacco told reporters Tuesday, via the Broncos' official website. "I want to get this team to be the best it is with me at the quarterback position. Obviously, that's not of most importance to draft a quarterback, but if we do, that's completely out of my control. I'm going to go out here and I'm going to compete, and he's going to have to come out here and be on the field with me every day, too. So, I'm all ready for that."

On the surface, it more than makes sense for the Broncos to look closely at the quarterback position with an eye to the future when considering Flacco turned 34 in January

Re: Flacco is Ready if the Broncos take a QB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Flacco says the experience in Baltimore has prepared him for Denver if they draft a quarterback. It's a smart attitude to take because there is a good chance this will happen. This is from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ck-qb-at-no-10

Quarterback Joe Flacco has lived it before.

While with the Baltimore Ravens last year, Flacco watched as the team used a first-round pick on Lamar Jackson. Now with the Denver Broncos, Flacco could have a sense of déjà vu if the Broncos decide to use the 10th overall pick on a signal-caller in next week's draft.

Should the Broncos go that route, though, Flacco isn't fazed because of his experience in Baltimore.

"I think I had a pretty good outlook on it last year and it is what it is," Flacco told reporters Tuesday, via the Broncos' official website. "I want to get this team to be the best it is with me at the quarterback position. Obviously, that's not of most importance to draft a quarterback, but if we do, that's completely out of my control. I'm going to go out here and I'm going to compete, and he's going to have to come out here and be on the field with me every day, too. So, I'm all ready for that."

On the surface, it more than makes sense for the Broncos to look closely at the quarterback position with an eye to the future when considering Flacco turned 34 in January
    Id be surprised if they took a QB at 10, simply because they could have kept a draft pick and saved money by keeping Keenum. I do see them taking a late round guy though

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco has had the same mindset from the moment he arrived in Denver: That he will have to prove to his teammates that he can actually play, in order to be someone who leads by example. Once he does that, everything else will fall into place. If he doesn’t then it won’t.

Personally, I don’t see Denver drafting a Quarterback. They could have kept Keemun for all that. I could be wrong, but I sense that they weren’t convinced of the QBs they’d be able to choose from in this draft. Now, next year may likely be a different story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Joe Flacco has had the same mindset from the moment he arrived in Denver: That he will have to prove to his teammates that he can actually play, in order to be someone who leads by example. Once he does that, everything else will fall into place. If he doesn’t then it won’t.

Personally, I don’t see Denver drafting a Quarterback. They could have kept Keemun for all that. I could be wrong, but I sense that they weren’t convinced of the QBs they’d be able to choose from in this draft. Now, next year may likely be a different story.
    Flacco is always at his best when his back is against the wall and he gets mad. Even if they do draft a QB Flacco is going to do everything possible to hold on to that job. Last year Flacco was blindsided by the draft. You could tell that he didn't see it coming. This time he's ready and prepared. No matter what happens I really think you are going to get Flacco's best effort this season. It's prove it time and keeping a young 1st round QB on the bench for a year would prove a lot for Joe Flacco.

5. Re: Flacco is Ready if the Broncos take a QB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Flacco is always at his best when his back is against the wall and he gets mad. Even if they do draft a QB Flacco is going to do everything possible to hold on to that job. Last year Flacco was blindsided by the draft. You could tell that he didn't see it coming. This time he's ready and prepared. No matter what happens I really think you are going to get Flacco's best effort this season. It's prove it time and keeping a young 1st round QB on the bench for a year would prove a lot for Joe Flacco.
    If Flacco was truly blindsided by the draft then he is clueless. EVERYONE knew the FO was going to look to move on from his contract. He might of been blindsided by the LJ pick, but he shouldnt have been ignorant to the fact that he was on a short leash in general.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    If Flacco was truly blindsided by the draft then he is clueless. EVERYONE knew the FO was going to look to move on from his contract. He might of been blindsided by the LJ pick, but he shouldnt have been ignorant to the fact that he was on a short leash in general.

We all saw the clips of Flacco during the draft. When Lamar Jackson was announced he was stunned. At the time the TV guys said that maybe having the starter at a live event during the draft wasn't such a great idea

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...draft.amp.html
    Von wants Haskins... I wonder why Flacco thought of this article....

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...draft.amp.html
    Von wants Haskins... I wonder why Flacco thought of this article....
    Now that might not be too bad an idea if they feel Flacco can start a year or two effectively.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Wholeheartedly agree...

how funny would it be if flacco loses his job t oa rookie 2 yaers in a row

They won't take a QB. Elway is all in on Joe and if he wants to maximize the results hes going to take someone that can help him win a Superbowl now rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post

I really Thought the pick was a year early. I really Thought last year was the year to draft weapons, this year to draft a QB to sit, and next offseason to Trade Flacco and take MASSIVE cap space to rebuild the team.
    Now that I see This QB class I get It... LJ might go #1 overall in this draft so...