Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My biggest fear

My biggest fear

Some of you may find me desperate to see the Ravens find that iconic guy in our history at the quarterback position and I think that I am.

I think it derives from the fear of watching this team once again waste years of having an elite defense that can win a championship on an inept offense being ran by someone that cannot pass. I'm getting deja vu over here.

Our saving grace is that at least we will be able to run but how well will that be established when every opposing defensive gameplan is going to focus heavily on stopping our rushing attack? I thought this was where having a guy like bell would have alleviated this danger because of the routes that he could run and all the places we could put him which gave Ben some seriously easy throws.

We could have split him out wide and had the defense follow to help clear the box.

Whether or not we are going to have wasted years of great defense (2001-2008) that should have won championships will be dependent on Lamar having to practically build Rome in a day in regards to his mechanics
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: My biggest fear

Brother Cool...correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t you solidly on the Lamar Hype Train last year? Like founding member of the LWO type solid?

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Do you honestly believe the above?

Answer this question for me:

Who is better passer Lamar or Daniel Jones, Drew Lock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    In terms of accuracy, Drew.
    Drew Lock 70.6 adjusted completion
    grade 86.3
    QBR 82

More accurate than Lamar? Easily.

Lamar as a passer might not even be NFL level
    Daniel Jones 74.3 adjusted completion
    grade 80.3
    QBR 72.3

Lamar Jackson adjusted completion 73.3* adjusted completion
    grade 82.9
    QBR 85

* (Lamar has a higher career adjusted completion percentage btw)

grade 86.3
    QBR 82

grade 80.3
    QBR 72.3

grade 82.9
    QBR 85

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Brother Cool...correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t you solidly on the Lamar Hype Train last year? Like founding member of the LWO type solid?

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp
    I'll support anyone that's triggered a winning streak but I question if that formula will carry on into next season and if it does, I fear it will not be sustained through the course of a 16 game season. These boys are gonna be dead TIRED by the end of the regular season

grade 86.3
    QBR 82

grade 80.3
    QBR 72.3

grade 82.9
    QBR 85

You should just put this in your sig.

Either way I'll be bringing it back up before you do if Lamar cant back you up next season, Sir.

You can win a Super Bowl with an average passing attack if the QB is on a rookie contract, it’s basically that or Brady every year. Ravens could have one of the greatest ever rushing attacks next year, they were 2nd in the league last year with Lamar starting less than half the season and RBs off the street, they could easily make a run with a below average passing attack.

Quote Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
    You can win a Super Bowl with an average passing attack if the QB is on a rookie contract, it’s basically that or Brady every year. Ravens could have one of the greatest ever rushing attacks next year, they were 2nd in the league last year with Lamar starting less than half the season and RBs off the street, they could easily make a run with a below average passing attack.
    I agree.. I think we could break rushing records. If we don't, it's probably because we don't have an elite running back or we aren't scheming well against the looks we'll be seeing

grade 86.3
    QBR 82

grade 80.3
    QBR 72.3

grade 82.9
    QBR 85

This doesn’t necessarily mean than Lamar is more accurate, he got to see coverages no one saw because he’s such a threat.
    College teams don’t have enough CBs to run dime the whole game like the Chargers.
    I agree.. I think we could break rushing records. If we don't, it's probably because we don't have an elite running back or we aren't scheming well against the looks we'll be seeing
    What if we see nothing but dime looks with Ingram and Hill breaking tackles?

Quote Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
    This doesn’t necessarily mean than Lamar is more accurate, he got to see coverages no one saw because he’s such a threat.
    College teams don’t have enough CBs to run dime the whole game like the Chargers.

What if we see nothing but dime looks with Ingram and Hill breaking tackles?
    I already gave him that exact retort and he ignored it.

Brady played that same charger defense a week later and dissected them. He wasnt doing anything special either.. just making the right read and finding the easy completion.

Brady played that same charger defense a week later and dissected them. He wasnt doing anything special either.. just making the right read and finding the easy completion.
    Brady is a HoFer who has played in more Super Bowls than Lamar has played games. Plus Belichick surely watched the Chargers D vs. the Ravens and had his team prepared.

There's a reason Marty got fired in spite of being tight with Harbs. When the Chargers showed a different defensive look he had no answer -- he kept trying the same thing, until the end of the game when he finally threw caution to the wind and started calling deeper pass plays to get Lamar untracked vs. the Chargers prevent D.

I don't expect Lamar will become hyper-accurate overnight, but I do think he can get to a 60% completion rate, which is good enough to win.

You know it's bad when people are trying to evenly compare, arguably, the best QB in history with in his 19th season, who has arguably the best gameplanning HC in history, to a rookie starting game #8 with a HC half the fanbase thinks sucks.