Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: First Round Talents the General Consensus is wrong about

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would say that, based on the tape I've watched, there are a few guys who fit the bill:

Rashan Gary
    Devin White
    DK Metcalf
    Dwayne Haskins
    Devin white seems to be polarizing. Im definitely not as high on him as some others. I dont think hes a bad prospect but when people start saying top 10, I dont think hes the second coming of Kuechly, which hed have to be to merit that status. Thats a blend of athletic ability AND technical ability. Hes an athlete, but he doesnt seem to know the position yet. getting off blocks is huge in the pros and thats an area he struggles with. to me hes not even on CJ's level coming out. That said, if he was the pick at 22, Id feel that would be within his range and meet a need of ours. I feel Bush is a better player today, but youd be taking white on potential. potential is what seems to lead to busts.

GOTA, if you see this, I dont think ive seen your take on White. thoughts?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    But at the end of the day they're still tight ends. TE's drafted where I'm seeing them mocked never have the production to match their draft slot.
    I’ve been trying to remove the words always and never from my vocabulary, perhaps you should too.
    Btw, Tony Gonzalez says hello.
    That said, your sentiment is generally correct. Late first rounders /early second have earned their keep to a larger degree with players like Ertz, Fleener, Rudolph, ,etc.
    there was a run back in the day of Heal and Shoxkey, Clark, Watson,Miller, and Greg olsen where that that late first rounder was a near lock for above average or better NFL Te play.
    Vernon’s Davis and Eric Enron have managed some production but not lived up to their lofty draft spot as of yet.
    So maybe you are more right than wrong. I however think the Iowa guys are better prospects than most names I listed However and if taken in the teens to 20’s should be at worst solid doubles.

Did you see DK Metcalf had to take a physical for the Ravens? He seemed to complain about it on instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by KMO13 View Post
    Did you see DK Metcalf had to take a physical for the Ravens? He seemed to complain about it on instagram.
    Yeah the caption was "Forreal?" or something. Weird.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

What gets under the skin finds the thinnest area.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah, that was it.

Sorry dude, teams want to make sure you are good to go?

Good. Anything that takes their minds off him is fine by me. If we are set to draft a WR at 22 or thereabouts I want him to be as polished a player as possible and that ain't DK.

Haskins for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KMO13 View Post
    The thing I find weird about that is I thought team doctors were allowed to check out guys at the combine. Wondering why we didn't.

Might all be a ploy to get some team that wants this guy to trade up thinking we'll take him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This isn't exactly answering the question as asked, because I'm not saying he will be a bust, but I do keep seeing the hype for a player who has at times been linked to the Ravens---and I just don't see him as being a great fit.

That player is Garrett Bradbury.

He is very athletic, for sure. But watching him on tape his game is based on zone blocking and leverage.

For years the complaint Ravens fans have had about centers is what? Getting pushed back off the ball. I see this being a possible issue for Bradbury.

I actually prefer him at guard where he's less likely to be aligned helmet to helmet, and in the Ravens scheme he'd be useful pulling.

But the thing I keep here about the guy is, "plug him in at center and he's a probowler for ten years." And I"m not sure I see that in every scheme. Would be very good in a Kubiak offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’ve been trying to remove the words always and never from my vocabulary, perhaps you should too.
    Btw, Tony Gonzalez says hello.
    That said, your sentiment is generally correct. Late first rounders /early second have earned their keep to a larger degree with players like Ertz, Fleener, Rudolph, ,etc.
    there was a run back in the day of Heal and Shoxkey, Clark, Watson,Miller, and Greg olsen where that that late first rounder was a near lock for above average or better NFL Te play.
    Vernon’s Davis and Eric Enron have managed some production but not lived up to their lofty draft spot as of yet.
    So maybe you are more right than wrong. I however think the Iowa guys are better prospects than most names I listed However and if taken in the teens to 20’s should be at worst solid doubles.
    If you have to go back to 1997 to say hello then I think my point stands.

Damn even draft prospect wrs dont want to come to baltimore....