Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: First Round Talents the General Consensus is wrong about

Josh Allen, Rashaan Gary, and any TE that's going to be taken in the 1st round. I don't think any of them will live up to their draft status.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I think most non nfl people agree on this but, goodness gracious, if Daniel Jones touches the first round, I know nothing about football.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Why would you say that? Jones looks like one of the better prospects actually. Not to mention he was coached by the same guy who coached (Heath Schuler and both Mannings before they got drafted).

If you watch him, his mechanics are damn good actually. He is accurate with the ball, and seems to read the field pretty well. Turn back the clock on the Ravens and I would have less reservations on him being the pick at QB than I had with Lamar and still currently have with Lamar.

Jones does not have the Arm Haskins has, he is not as athletic as Murray but as a QB prospect he has some pretty good traits. Accurate, athletic, good decision making.

Much like the Ravens WR group, Jones college WR group did him no favors as they ranked #2 in Dropped passes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Josh Allen, Rashaan Gary, and any TE that's going to be taken in the 1st round. I don't think any of them will live up to their draft status.
    Hmmm, theTE’s look like some of the safest picks to me. All 3 are better prospects than Hurst was, Ebron, pretty much any of the recent Te’s.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    That's the one! Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm not sure that the "bust" criteria are all that thought out on this table, and it might be inflating numbers. "Cut/Traded prior to rookie deal" So by that logic, Amari Cooper is a bust. "Did not receive 5th year option" So by that logic Eric Ebron was a bust.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I'd have to go Brian Burns. He just looks a little light in the ass to me (kinda reminds me of Correa that way). Once a guy gets a hand on him, he'll be done. I don't see the love for Gary either.

Blog Entries

Metcalf is the one people are swooning over, that I just dont see on tape.

The QBs are also on that list. I think their value obviously gets bumped up a lot higher than their skill would dictate. I dont think Murray is the best player in this draft, and have a lot of reservations at his size and experience, but hes likely going #1. to me thats a large change for busting when you compare him 5 years from now to literally anybody else in this draft.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I'm not sure that the "bust" criteria are all that thought out on this table, and it might be inflating numbers. "Cut/Traded prior to rookie deal" So by that logic, Amari Cooper is a bust. "Did not receive 5th year option" So by that logic Eric Ebron was a bust.
    Yeah that's fair. I think he debated on a way to slice and dice it, but fair point

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I'd have to go Brian Burns. He just looks a little light in the ass to me (kinda reminds me of Correa that way). Once a guy gets a hand on him, he'll be done. I don't see the love for Gary either.
    Funny enough, I was arguing with a guy on Twitter last night about Burns. I like Burns, but I think there's a lot of reasons to be concerned. You're identifying the right ones (The guy on twitter was not)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I'm glad to have come up with the idea for this thread for a couple of reasons. One is that it feeds into the realism of the draft. Chances are that even half of the first round won't turn out as well for teams as they hope after making their picks, let alone the rest of the draft. Another is that it redirects some of the negative energy I've been spewing the past couple of months.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Hmmm, theTE’s look like some of the safest picks to me. All 3 are better prospects than Hurst was, Ebron, pretty much any of the recent Te’s.
    But at the end of the day they're still tight ends. TE's drafted where I'm seeing them mocked never have the production to match their draft slot.

Blog Entries

I would say that, based on the tape I've watched, there are a few guys who fit the bill:

Rashan Gary
    Devin White
    DK Metcalf
    Dwayne Haskins
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I like that it has objective criteria, actually. There will be outliers so of course, the more data points the better.