Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Hurst vs 2019 Tight Ends

If Hayden Hurst was coming out this year where would he rank in the hierarchy of 2019 Tight Ends? The assumed 1st round guys are:

TJ Hockenson Iowa
    Noah Fant Iowa
    Irv Smith Jr Alabama

Where does Hurst fit in with this group?

Re: Hurst vs 2019 Tight Ends

From my perspective, he'd almost certainly be 4th on that list.

I think we’re bias. His age for me would say he’s “game ready” but that proved to not be true. So I guess 4th.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

1. TJ
    2. Dallas
    3. Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Hayden Hurst was coming out this year where would he rank in the hierarchy of 2019 Tight Ends? The assumed 1st round guys are:

TJ Hockenson Iowa
    Noah Fant Iowa
    Irv Smith Jr Alabama

Where does Hurst fit in with this group?
    3rd round guy

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I think we’re bias. His age for me would say he’s “game ready” but that proved to not be true. So I guess 4th.

Early reports were that he absolutely was going to be game ready. And then he broke his foot.

Blog Entries

I think Hurst (age aside) would be right up there with the top TEs. To me this isn't an overly talented group. My actual hope is that Hurst stays healthy and pairs with Andrews to make a potent 1 - 2 punch for LJ... Bc
    P.S. - I hope Hockenson and Fant get drafted before pick #22 so as to push a couple other talented players down to our neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Early reports were that he absolutely was going to be game ready. And then he broke his foot.
    Agreed the foot issue held him back. I still don’t like the fact that Andrews our preformed him by a lot even after he was “healed”! I think Andrews will be very Heap like and Hurst is gonna be like Maxx. Very disappointing.

Blog Entries

I would certainly put him over Noah Fant. Hurst was building a good rapport with Flacco in training camp, before suffering the foot injury, which I believe he played through. He is the most complete TE we have and I am confident that will be shown this season. If he were to be in this year's draft, I would certainly place him above Noah Fant. I feel that he was superior to Fant in run blocking and receiving. That's the easy one. Irv Smith is coming out as a more polished blocker, but he just doesn't look nearly as comfortable as a receiver. Hurst's blocking was not terrible coming out. He just needed some work on his technique, but the effort was there. I feel that Hurst has a larger catch radius than Smith Jr. and is more difficult to bring down after the catch than Smith Jr.

The only one I'd haggle with is Hockenson. While Hockenson is purely a receiving TE, in my opinion, man, he's good at what he does. So, I'd have to think about it some, but I'd at least put Hurst second on that list. If not first.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think Hurst (age aside) would be right up there with the top TEs. To me this isn't an overly talented group. My actual hope is that Hurst stays healthy and pairs with Andrews to make a potent 1 - 2 punch for LJ... Bc
    P.S. - I hope Hockenson and Fant get drafted before pick #22 so as to push a couple other talented players down to our neighborhood.
    If Hockenson is there at 22 maybe we get a trade down with NE. They NEED a TE.

Blog Entries

That would suit me fine too... Bc

They're in the boat we were in last year.