Edgar Allen player profiles - offseason gold

I know I'm not the first to post an Edgar Allen YouTube video, but he's just finished ones on Chris Wormly, Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams. We've talked a lot about these guys being drafted without need and how they've been buried in the depth chart. Very hard to evaluate given lack of playing time. Most importantly, knowing what we've got with these guys helps analyze what our needs are in this draft. Time to write them off as busts or let them have their shot. He does a great job on all his videos and we should all be subscribers.

https://youtu.be/0hPvXF4_COA

https://youtu.be/zlMWZMakX38

https://youtu.be/rHEvkFK4sN0

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re: Edgar Allen player profiles - offseason gold

good stuff. I had a post a while back about confidence (or lack there of) in positions with unknown starters, and I have to say I feel pretty good about Tim Williams. The guy has enough burst to threaten the blockers, and clearly he has a solid set of moves to string together well rounded rushes. I think people have written him off due to lack of snaps, but as Tim Williams pointed out himself, he didn't get an opportunity until his junior year at Bama, but when he did he was a force. That parallels with his pro career so far.

Bowser I want to like. I think the guy has some interesting traits, but he hasn't put it all together. He isn't much of a threat as an edge rusher. Not much burst and not a particularly strong bull rusher. I doubt he will carve out much of a role.

Blog Entries

I would not consider Tyus Bowser "great" in coverage. This was a similar debate when he entered the draft. His athleticism says he should be great. His familiarity with being asked to drop in coverage, combined with his athleticism says that he should be great, but he is not great. His instincts are lacking. His initial play recognition is okay. However, beyond the simple assignment near the LOS, his processing speed doesn't measure up to his athleticism. The assignments displayed in the video are all simplistic, straight-forward assignments. In a limited amount of snaps no less. They don't reveal the issues that his college tape revealed, when more was thrown at him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Tim Williams video came off more optimistic, which I guess is understandable, from a pass rushing perspective. The first play shown was against a team in an obvious passing situation, against a guy who is currently on the street, or was the last time I checked. He makes the first play against Villanueva appear like Williams got the upper harm. In reality, Villanueva simply reset after Williams tried to change direction and had him under control. The second play against Villanueva is one where Villanueva tried to push Williams inside to the help he expected to have from the back who shifted his attention.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Check out how athletic Bowser is

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/tyus-bowser

to me the most encouraging of the 3 videos was the Wormley one. he seemed very impressive and I expect him to step up this year. the rising of pierce, wormley, and Henry (if all can stay healthy) this year i hope will surprise some people

Pepper his comments with invites to here, please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BhndEnemyLines20 View Post
    to me the most encouraging of the 3 videos was the Wormley one. he seemed very impressive and I expect him to step up this year. the rising of pierce, wormley, and Henry (if all can stay healthy) this year i hope will surprise some people
    I sure hope so! I badly wanted Chris Godwin (WR - Penn State), but we took Wormley and then Tim Williams (UGH) before him in the 2017 draft. Please, will this ever end? ... Bc

I'm excited for Tim Williams, he should only get better with more snaps. Chris Wormley is solid but gets the job done, I hope he continues to develop. Tyus Bowser isn't going to be anything special at this point. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I don't see it.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr