Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2466e383dc.jpg

Season 6 Brans flash back of Children of the Forest when the first white walker was created
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d8c0ac1865.jpgthis is from season 3 when mance radar make it to Fist of the First Men
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...01d9400f42.jpg
    Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Whoa.
    Let's not forget last season when Jon found the mountain dragon glass at Dragonstone, there was this....
    And this is from the first 3 minutes of the entire series

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I can't believe that Martin hasn't finished the books and we have to see the ending before we can read it. I actually have the galley of Game of Thrones and read it 18 months before the first book was published. It's sad that after 25 years he still can't finish this.

It seems like I am the only one who has zero interest in this.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Open spoilers below...this is your warning.

I thought it was good but not great. My biggest problem with the last season still seems to be a thing here, which is the show's use of time and the narrative shortcuts they are taking. The attention to detail and slow burn of the first 4-5 seasons is part of what made it great and that really started to fall apart in the last season. The material is there to do 8 or 10 episodes so I'm not giving them any slack because of the shortened season they decided on doing.

The dragon riding scene was like something out of a Disney movie and the less said about Theon's rescue of Yara the better. You literally never saw Yara other than one scene last season I believe from the time she was captured until she was rescued. I don't even know what the point of having her captured was. Also not going to get too much into it, but Euron is a joke and the show has totally destroyed him as a character, compared to the book version of Euron which is much closer to someone like Ramsay or Joffrey than the goofball version the show is doing. Also, does anyone really think Bronn is going to kill Jaime or Tyrion for a bit of gold? Big yikes on some of this.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Also, the the night king's um.... "note" looks a lot like the Targaryen sigil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    It's the same symbol that was in the cave where the dragon glass was. It's a symbol you've seen repeated throughout the series in relation to the "old children", etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't believe that Martin hasn't finished the books and we have to see the ending before we can read it. I actually have the galley of Game of Thrones and read it 18 months before the first book was published. It's sad that after 25 years he still can't finish this.
    I'm right there with you GOTA. Really obnoxious that Martin is basically letting HBO write the ending.

From what I've read, Martin has the books finished. I wonder if maybe he's waiting until the show is over before he releases them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Open spoilers below...this is your warning.

I thought it was good but not great. My biggest problem with the last season still seems to be a thing here, which is the show's use of time and the narrative shortcuts they are taking. The attention to detail and slow burn of the first 4-5 seasons is part of what made it great and that really started to fall apart in the last season. The material is there to do 8 or 10 episodes so I'm not giving them any slack because of the shortened season they decided on doing.

The dragon riding scene was like something out of a Disney movie and the less said about Theon's rescue of Yara the better. You literally never saw Yara other than one scene last season I believe from the time she was captured until she was rescued. I don't even know what the point of having her captured was. Also not going to get too much into it, but Euron is a joke and the show has totally destroyed him as a character, compared to the book version of Euron which is much closer to someone like Ramsay or Joffrey than the goofball version the show is doing. Also, does anyone really think Bronn is going to kill Jaime or Tyrion for a bit of gold? Big yikes on some of this.
    I hear you on a lot of this. They're definitely rushing it.

Also, there are SO many things from the books that they just didn't even dive into...like the other Targaryen boy that's Danni's cousin or something?

I liked episode 1 - answered several questions and a good intro back in the show that hasnt been on in almost 2 years.

We have a "Deadpool" going at work. Just picking who is going to die and some bonus questions. Cersei needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's the same symbol that was in the cave where the dragon glass was. It's a symbol you've seen repeated throughout the series in relation to the "old children", etc.
    As I posted above.
    Let's not forget last season when Jon found the mountain dragon glass at Dragonstone, there was this....
    And this is from the first 3 minutes of the entire series

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

*Spoilers*

This was Game of Thrones: Reunion. Lots of awkward "Hey! Remember when you tried to kill me?" stares and conversations.

If it's known that only Targaryens can ride dragons, why did Dany expect Jon to be able to ride one? Does she subconsciously know that Jon is a relative?

The most Game of Thronesy thing that could happen would be major characters suddenly and unexpectedly getting slaughtered just when victory/progress is at hand.

Just thinking ahead. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk