Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I dunno what to expect of the crypt issue. They seem to be heavily foreshadowing them being raised but what is left? Everyone except Rickon has been decomposing for an extended amount of time now. Have there been any wights that were just skeletal, no flesh? I don't remember.
    That promo where Arya looks scared shitless and is running seems like forshadowing to me that one of the "re-animated' will be someone she knows. She hasn't been scared of anyone or anything in like 3 seasons, so it has to be something pretty impactful to make her react like that. My guess is that it's Rickon or one of the currently alive characters that gets turned right in front of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    That promo where Arya looks scared shitless and is running seems like forshadowing to me that one of the "re-animated' will be someone she knows. She hasn't been scared of anyone or anything in like 3 seasons, so it has to be something pretty impactful to make her react like that. My guess is that it's Rickon or one of the currently alive characters that gets turned right in front of her.
    Pretty sure that was a promo and not a trailer
    Last edited by usmccharles; 04-22-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Also don’t forget the man can’t be bothered to finish the books... hasn’t written one in almost a decade and likely never will again...
    And truthfully, I don't think he has any real plans to do so. I think he has given the show writers the destination and is perfectly content to let them decide how they will get there. There has been enough deviation from the books to allow each universe to stand on it's own The fact that half the "truths" that people believed are actually more nuanced or flat out false makes this even easier. The show is basically "A history" of a certain time period of Westeros. His books are another "version" of the events. The story is always going to be influenced by who is telling it and from which perspective.

Funny thing is, she was basically the only female character that didn't want to either be a "lady" or care much for the schemes and manipulation that women typically have to rely on in that world. And yet, she's the only one that got to have her first sexual experience on her terms and with a person she wanted it with.

Side question - are Sansa and Theon gonna be a thing? Is Brienne finally softening on our boy Tormund and now one or both of them will die before they can make monster babies?
    To Sansa and the dickless wonder ...I think so. Sadly Brienne and Tormund will prob both die before making “beautiful Monster Babies!” Lol.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Arya worships the Many Faced God of Death
    The White Walkers were just described as "Death"

-shrug-

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Tyrion is MRS Martin’s favorite character... strong chance to sit on the throne, near lock to survive the show....
    I think he's scheming in the background. He was also the only one that wanted to pick Bran's brain. I think he found out who's going to survive and is already plotting.

He'll get caught and that's the end of him.
    Last edited by FearTheRaven; 04-23-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    I think he's scheming in the background. He was also the only one that wanted to pick Bran's brain. I think he found out who's going to survive and is already plotting.

Remember that Bran can only see the present and the past. He can't see the future.

Don't know if Tyrion will make it to the end or not, but I would be surprised if they turned him heel with 4 episodes left. I feel like he's been somewhat chaotic good for pretty much the entire series...wouldn't make a lot of sense.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post

It's more likely he was information gathering because he liked Bran (he gave him the special saddle specifications in the book), and he wants to know as much as possible about the Night King. For a person who drinks and knows things, talking to the one person who knows more than anyone else alive is key to coming up with an advantage against the White Walkers.

Last edited by usmccharles; 04-25-2019 at 01:00 PM. Reason: .
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Before this next episode rolls, and the Battle of Winterfell gets under way, and a whole lot of my favorites are dead, or undead – I just want to mention how grateful I am for the first two episodes this season. How we got to spend so much time with these characters. Brienne getting knighted, Pod getting to sing, Arya getting laid, all of it. It was sweet and not rushed and very satisfying.

TOO nice! Right? It means the shit that goes down tonight is going to be especially wrenching. Ugh.

But I still liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Before this next episode rolls, and the Battle of Winterfell gets under way, and a whole lot of my favorites are dead, or undead – I just want to mention how grateful I am for the first two episodes this season. How we got to spend so much time with these characters. Brienne getting knighted, Pod getting to sing, Arya getting laid, all of it. It was sweet and not rushed and very satisfying.

TOO nice! Right? It means the shit that goes down tonight is going to be especially wrenching. Ugh.

But I still liked it.
    I thought the first episode was slow and meh. But yes. Episode 2 was Fantastic! Maybe one of my favs of the entire show. Funny , tense, sad, happy, every emotion. Can’t wait for tonight.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Make sure that your seats are upright and the tray tables are in the locked position. We are in for a bumpy ride.
    Captain Offense