Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So let me get this straight Re: Draft

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I want EDC to take the player that will best contribute to the future of the franchise and I don’t think those two concepts are always one and the same.
    Well, we disagree again because i think bpa is best for the future of the franchise. For me bpa doesn’t only apply to the draft prospects but it applies to the team.
    Last edited by edromeo; 04-14-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    This is the same way I feel.. the only way that taking a receiver of good quality would make me happy is if LJ fails next year and they draft another QB that would make great use of the receiver we would draft this year. .
    You can’t make this shit up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You can’t make this shit up...
    He’s assuming the Ravens will automatically draft a QB better than Lamar, it’s not automatic

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    He’s assuming the Ravens will automatically draft a QB better than Lamar, it’s not automatic
    It’s just sad that dudes call themselves Ravens Fans while wanting LJ to fail. He’s literally hated by half of the fanbase because Flacco has sucked since the super bowl/getting paid.

“He’s the reason Joe got traded so I hate him!!”

It’s just sad that dudes call themselves Ravens Fans while wanting LJ to fail. He’s literally hated by half of the fanbase because Flacco has sucked since the super bowl/getting paid.

I wish Joe Flacco all the best but it’s time to embrace Lamar Jackson, this young man has the talent and mindset to be special. We need to rally around him and accept him.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Nj, he is my (hopefully) #1 pick. I don't see what you don't see (?) His last three years @ Clemson, 12.5/18/20 TFLs, 6/9.5/11.5 sacks. His stats have gone up every year, so he has seemingly developed each and every football season. To me, he is exactly what a mid-1st round draft pick displays... Bc
    We need a reliable edge setter

How have you determined that LJ is literally hated by half of the fanbase? And what does their alleged motivation for hatred have to do with the perception that "Flacco has sucked since the super bowl/getting paid"?

Do you have it in your mind that every fan who feels that it was a mistake to get rid of Flacco is a hater of LJ?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    How have you determined that LJ is literally hated by half of the fanbase? And what does their alleged motivation for hatred have to do with the perception that "Flacco has sucked since the super bowl/getting paid"?

Do you have it in your mind that every fan who feels that it was a mistake to get rid of Flacco is a hater of LJ?
    Maybe I should take a poll? Honestly, based on the negativity towards him on this board, it’s probably more than half of the fan base.

Flacco got traded because he has been trash since the super bowl/getting paid. It’s nobody else’s fault but his and some posters here need to realize that. If Flacco would have lived up to his contract, he’d still be our starting QB and not a placeholder in Denver.

Don’t put words in my mouth. There’s plenty of great posters here that I respect who don’t think LJ is the answer and that’s cool(LAX, NCRaven, and plenty others). It’s the ones who want him to fail so they can say “I told you so” that rub me the wrong way(DonC, ravensfan, Cleo and dilly).

I mean the guy literally just said “the only way taking a WR of good quality would make me happy is if Lamar fails” and you’re defending him?? 🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    ...unless LJ really comes on strong as a passer and I doubt that is going to happen.
    I can guarantee it won't happen if he doesn't have anyone to throw to. Most QBs require good receivers, and many on this board are calling this the worst WR corps in the league at this moment.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    My dream is either Ford or Jonah Williams sliding to 22.
    Would you kick Williams inside to G ?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    If Calvin Johnson were in this class I still wouldn't draft him because with our QB and set-up he would top out at 750 yards receiving max. If we still had Flacco I wouldn't be adverse to taking a receiver, but since he's gone there's really no point.
    That part I can't agree with. We saw with Marlon Brown & Kamar Aiken that a receiver does not have to be super-talented to rack up the stats, if he's getting a lot of targets.

Even if Lamar maxes out as the passer you think he is
    (which I don't agree with; but even if)
    Calvin Johnson would still rack up a shit-ton of yards and TDs on jump balls and bombs off of play-action. A player of his caliber could all by himself be the difference between, I dunno, 7-9 vs 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That part I can't agree with. We saw with Marlon Brown & Kamar Aiken that a receiver does not have to be super-talented to rack up the stats, if he's getting a lot of targets.

Even if Lamar maxes out as the passer you think he is
    (which I don't agree with; but even if)
    Calvin Johnson would still rack up a shit-ton of yards and TDs on jump balls and bombs off of play-action. A player of his caliber could all by himself be the difference between, I dunno, 7-9 vs 10-6.
    I agree. Calvin would put up amazing numbers, even with Lamar at QB.

But this board would riot if they gave Lamar a Calvin type of WR because Flacco never had one. So instead of just keeping it real they say “there’s no point in getting him a great WR because he can’t throw” when in reality, it’s all about what Joe didn’t have.