Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

So let me get this straight Re: Draft

We're supposed to win with running the ball and defense, right? We are the Ravens after all. So we signed Mark Ingram, we have a first rounder at TE as a safety net third down guy and we lost our starting edge rushers and our second-team All-Pro ILB, which effectively has depleted our pass rush and run defense.

Yet some people here want us to take a wide receiver?

Re: So let me get this straight Re: Draft

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    We're supposed to win with running the ball and defense, right? We are the Ravens after all. So we signed Mark Ingram, we have a first rounder at TE as a safety net third down guy and we lost our starting edge rushers and our second-team All-Pro ILB, which effectively has depleted our pass rush and run defense.

I would assume that’s because we are not going to ONLY run the ball. We have to throw occasionally. And someone will have to catch the ball when we throw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

😂😂😂

Blog Entries

somebody has to block

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

You have touched upon the strategic model which is Ozzie's legacy for victory, i.e. the 2000 model. The D shuts the opponent down and Jackson (even RG III) > Dilfer.

We are not done. We may see Ferrell or Burns in round 1. Also, there is reason to expect that one or both of Bowser and T Williams will step up. Judon is entering his prime. The addition of Earl Thomas means the secondary is stronger than last year. Thomas has a positive effect on our SS, who will be more of a help closer to the LOS - which partially mitigates the loss of Mosley. Onwuasor and K Young are better than a lot of people think, not that we could not now use a thumper at ILB for some downs and depth. We are bound to see a middle round ILB drafted, I would guess. Ozzie and Eric are good at finding them.

But yeah, we will take a couple of wide receivers because we ain't got hardly any.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You have touched upon the strategic model which is Ozzie's legacy for victory, i.e. the 2000 model. The D shuts the opponent down and Jackson (even RG III) > Dilfer.

We are not done. We may see Ferrell or Burns in round 1. Also, there is reason to expect that one or both of Bowser and T Williams will step up. Judon is entering his prime. The addition of Earl Thomas means the secondary is stronger than last year. Thomas has a positive effect on our SS, who will be more of a help closer to the LOS - which partially mitigates the loss of Mosley. Onwuasor and K Young are better than a lot of people think, not that we could not now use a thumper at ILB for some downs and depth. We are bound to see a middle round ILB drafted, I would guess. Ozzie and Eric are good at finding them.

But yeah, we will take a couple of wide receivers because we ain't got hardly any.
    rhap, nicely thought out. E.T. should allow Jefferson to be more productive, and that will support our ILBs. I'd luv it if we drafted Ferrell and Bowser stepped-up... Bc

Blog Entries

I want EDC to take the best player available that is on the board when they pick.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I want EDC to take the best player available that is on the board when they pick.
    I want EDC to take the player that will best contribute to the future of the franchise and I don’t think those two concepts are always one and the same.

Why do people see Ferrell as a pass rusher? I see a guy who should be great setting the edge against the run while chipping in a few sacks here and there. I don’t see the tools to be a consistent threat getting to the QB at the next level. What am I missing?

Blog Entries

Supposed to win a certain way doesn’t mean you can win that way.

If you can’t pass the ball at you you won’t be able to run. There has to be some balance. The Ravens used the QB running tricks up last year. As we saw in the playoffs that’s done.

The Jaguars last year also thought they could just come out running the ball and playing great defense and the whole thing collapsed. They still had the 5th ranked defense and just 5 wins. Teams need to be able to pass with the way the rules are set up. You are going to win without a passing game for long.

Blog Entries

Question Re: So let me get this straight Re: Draft

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Why do people see Ferrell as a pass rusher? I see a guy who should be great setting the edge against the run while chipping in a few sacks here and there. I don’t see the tools to be a consistent threat getting to the QB at the next level. What am I missing?
    Nj, he is my (hopefully) #1 pick. I don't see what you don't see (?) His last three years @ Clemson, 12.5/18/20 TFLs, 6/9.5/11.5 sacks. His stats have gone up every year, so he has seemingly developed each and every football season. To me, he is exactly what a mid-1st round draft pick displays... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Nj, he is my (hopefully) #1 pick. I don't see what you don't see (?) His last three years @ Clemson, 12.5/18/20 TFLs, 6/9.5/11.5 sacks. His stats have gone up every year, so he has seemingly developed each and every football season. To me, he is exactly what a mid-1st round draft pick displays... Bc
    I’m aware of his college production. I’m asking about him as an NFL player. Plenty of guys are tremendously productive in college but don’t have the athletic traits to continue that production as a pro. I think Ferrell will be a rock solid run-first defender but I just don’t see him as a dynamic pass rusher against NFL OLs.