Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 178
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    24,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    back in the day, the Democrats were the blue collar union workers in the rust belts and middle of the country. Republican greats came from California and New York to be president while Democrat presidents were from Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia.

    Now it's completely flip flopped - anyone notice? Middle of the country and south - all Republican and the major cities and coasts are Democrat.

    It slowly happened before our eyes and no one noticed...
    While the only thing that is permanent is "change", there is somehow a collective intellect that the public possesses :

    Truman (Dem), Eisenhower (Rep), Kennedy/Johnson (Dem), Nixon (Rep), Carter (Dem), Reagan/Bush (Rep), Clinton (Dem), Bush (Rep), Obama (Dem), Trump (Rep).

    "Change" is a good thing... Bc





  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    49,758
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While the only thing that is permanent is "change", there is somehow a collective intellect that the public possesses :

    Truman (Dem), Eisenhower (Rep), Kennedy/Johnson (Dem), Nixon (Rep), Carter (Dem), Reagan/Bush (Rep), Clinton (Dem), Bush (Rep), Obama (Dem), Trump (Rep).

    "Change" is a good thing... Bc
    The funny thing about a lot of this is that Trump isn't really a Republican/Conservative. His policies have some of those ideals, but if you look at his budget proposals, his stance on religion, etc, I think he's probably more of a Democrat in the same vein has Kennedy or even Clinton, in some aspects.

    The Democratic Party of 2019 is nowhere close to the Democratic Party of the 1990's or before. It's totally different.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    49,758
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Also, the entire premise of this thread is BS and I'm moving it to the Politics Forum since that is where it belongs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    49,758
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I mean it was 3/4 over the cliff from my OP. Perhaps I shouldn't have started it.
    Probably not on the football forum.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    49,758
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If one supports the current president and/or wears a MAGA hat, then one is demonstrating complete comfort with racism. I don't see how that is the slightest bit arguable.
    That's a pretty terrible thing to say JZC. You should really be ashamed of yourself.


    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...iberal-racism/
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...on_123858.html
    Al Sharpton was a regular visitor to the Obama White House.
    Obama and Louis Farrakhan were/are acquaintances.
    Obama and Jeremiah Wright.
    Illhan Omar.
    Rashida Tlaib.
    Ocasio-Cortez.
    Ralph Northam.
    Linda Sarsour.

    But yea...Conservative voters are DEFINITELY the Americans that are "comfortable" with racism and bigotry. Keep telling yourself that in that ivory tower you call home.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 04-15-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  6. #66

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The funny thing about a lot of this is that Trump isn't really a Republican/Conservative. His policies have some of those ideals, but if you look at his budget proposals, his stance on religion, etc, I think he's probably more of a Democrat in the same vein has Kennedy or even Clinton, in some aspects.

    The Democratic Party of 2019 is nowhere close to the Democratic Party of the 1990's or before. It's totally different.
    I didn't think so either, which is why I didn't vote for him. But by golly he is putting into place mostly conservative/republican proposals.





  7. #67

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I didn't think so either, which is why I didn't vote for him. But by golly he is putting into place mostly conservative/republican proposals.
    You mean like prison reform?

    "The bill, called the First Step Act, reduces mandatory minimum sentences in certain instances and expands on "good time credits" for well-behaved prisoners looking for shorter sentences.
    It also instructs the Department of Justice to establish a risk and needs assessment system to classify inmate's risk and provide guidance on "housing, grouping, and program assignment."
    The Senate approved the bill in a vote of 87-12 on Tuesday while the House approved it 358-36 on Thursday, sending it to Trump's desk."


    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ce-reform-bill





  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    49,758
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    You mean like prison reform?

    "The bill, called the First Step Act, reduces mandatory minimum sentences in certain instances and expands on "good time credits" for well-behaved prisoners looking for shorter sentences.
    It also instructs the Department of Justice to establish a risk and needs assessment system to classify inmate's risk and provide guidance on "housing, grouping, and program assignment."
    The Senate approved the bill in a vote of 87-12 on Tuesday while the House approved it 358-36 on Thursday, sending it to Trump's desk."


    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ce-reform-bill
    How terribly racist of Trump.



    /sarcasm
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  9. #69

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Is this gonna stop dude from being drafted top 3? Honestly Jim fuck is this thread?
    Jim's trying to make him fall to 22

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk





  10. #70

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    back in the day, the Democrats were the blue collar union workers in the rust belts and middle of the country. Republican greats came from California and New York to be president while Democrat presidents were from Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia.

    Now it's completely flip flopped - anyone notice? Middle of the country and south - all Republican and the major cities and coasts are Democrat.

    It slowly happened before our eyes and no one noticed...
    They also kind of switched platforms over the years as well didn't they? The progressive party came from the republican party after all.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk





  11. #71

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's a pretty terrible thing to say JZC. You should really be ashamed of yourself.


    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...iberal-racism/
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...on_123858.html
    Al Sharpton was a regular visitor to the Obama White House.
    Obama and Louis Farrakhan were/are acquaintances.
    Obama and Jeremiah Wright.
    Illhan Omar.
    Rashida Tlaib.
    Ocasio-Cortez.
    Ralph Northam.
    Linda Sarsour.

    But yea...Conservative voters are DEFINITELY the Americans that are "comfortable" with racism and bigotry. Keep telling yourself that in that ivory tower you call home.
    Spot on Wicked. The term racist has totally lost it's meaning since it is used and abused constantly by the Democrats and the MSM.





  12. #72

    Re: Political views dont hurt NFL players

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    You mean like prison reform?

    "The bill, called the First Step Act, reduces mandatory minimum sentences in certain instances and expands on "good time credits" for well-behaved prisoners looking for shorter sentences.
    It also instructs the Department of Justice to establish a risk and needs assessment system to classify inmate's risk and provide guidance on "housing, grouping, and program assignment."
    The Senate approved the bill in a vote of 87-12 on Tuesday while the House approved it 358-36 on Thursday, sending it to Trump's desk."


    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ce-reform-bill
    Well considering there were only 48 votes no in the whole of Congress, I'm gonna say that was a pretty bipartisan bill and would have any veto over ridden.
    But since you want to be snarky, Tax cuts. Less regulation. Trying to actually enforce the border and immigration laws. Bettering our trade agreements.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site