Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Willie Snead is the next breakout Wide Receiver

Whatever Cole Beasley got from Buffalo is what Snead is worth.

If Jaleel Scott shows out and carves a role for himself; then next year there won't be room for Snead in the starting lineup.

2 wide:
    X: Boykin
    Z: Marquise

3 wide:
    X: Jaleel
    Y: Marquise
    Z: Boykin

Flip-flop Jaleel & Boykin, if you feel that Boykin will develop slowly. Either way, Jaleel can kick Snead off of next year's roster.
    Jordan Lasley might be able to also:

3 wide:
    X: Boykin
    Y: Marquise
    Z: Lasley

I don't see both Jaleel & Lasley making this team. Max of one: and maybe zero. But if one of them makes it this year, he could make Snead expendable next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    4 years, 29 million? But, like Jim said, if our in house wide receivers can pan out this season then I do see us using that money elsewhere unless Snead shows even more chemistry with Lamar
    Last edited by BMORERavens; 07-18-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    4 years, 29 million? But, like Jim said, if our in house wide receivers can pan out this season then I do see ya using that money elsewhere unless Snead shows even more chemistry with Lamar
    7 million per for Snead?! Either the market has changed much more than I was aware of, or my expectations or what is reasonable are a bit off. My gut instinct was saying 3-4 million per year tops. I like him as a reliable pass catcher, but I don’t think he’s anything special. There are Willie Snead types out there every year.

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    4 years, 29 million? But, like Jim said, if our in house wide receivers can pan out this season then I do see ya using that money elsewhere unless Snead shows even more chemistry with Lamar
    Ok I was wrong, not that much. I wouldn’t go over 6 million per for Snead and that’s with him having a better season this year. 3/18 something like that, Snead doesn’t have an exceptional skill set.

Blog Entries

OKAY. If Snead put up STAR numbers, like 100, 1300 and 10, would the Ravens pay up to keep him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    OKAY. If Snead put up STAR numbers, like 100, 1300 and 10, would the Ravens pay up to keep him?
    For this to happen, or even something close to these numbers like 80, 1100, and 9, that'll mean our rookie wideouts have been lackluster this season which at the moment I could see happening.
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

Blog Entries

No way that happens. Snead couldn't do that with Brees throwing the ball. It sure isn't happening here.

If by some miracle it did happen, yes they would pay him. They offered big money to Jarvis Landry and those are the potential numbers they must have been thinking about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    That sounds about right. He'll be 28 which is 2 years younger so maybe Snead would get $5 million more for the total contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way that happens. Snead couldn't do that with Brees throwing the ball. It sure isn't happening here.

If by some miracle it did happen, yes they would pay him. They offered big money to Jarvis Landry and those are the potential numbers they must have been thinking about.
    Big money? How big? Not big enough to land him. Knowing them, they’d offer Snead 11 when the rest of the league is offering him 14 (Just example numbers Jim. I know you’re around here somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

The ball is going to be spread around too much for anybody on the team to get 100/1300 and 10.

(Just example numbers Jim. I know you’re around here somewhere).