Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Willie Snead is the next breakout Wide Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yeah but your thread title was (Next Breakout WR). That kind of entails like it never happened before or the player would be hitting his peak and he had lesser stats here than he had with the Saints.

If anything his stats would continue the average but still downward trend for him from a statistical standpoint.
    I appreciate the feedback on the title. On the statistical standpoint, even if we draft two Rookie Wide Receivers, do you foresee a “career” year for Snead? I expect Andrews to get a lot of attention from defenses, so that may create more opportunities for Snead. What’s your thoughts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Project some numbers. What is a career year for a guy with 8 career TDs?

Upwards of 800 yards, similar to his early years in NO. His lack of touchdowns do concern me however. I’m not sure how much that has to do with scheme or talent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Bmore, that is a very good aspect and I agree
    Hopefully an early round WR will be developed and eased into the game... Bc
    Thanks Bc. I can hear Harbs saying, “We gonna ease our 1st round WR into the game and rotation slowly.”
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

Blog Entries

Expect him to be the leader in catches @ WR position, although I think Andrews could end up being the leading receiver overall. I have no problems with Snead. Not sure he's going to ever be Welker or Edelman like, especially on this team and in this offense, but definitely a very valuable player for us especially with nothing else proven at the position.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Let's see:

His best year 'catch-wise' was 2016 (72 Catches)
    His best year 'yardage-wise' was 2015 (984 yards)
    His best year 'touchdown-wise' was 2016 (4 TDs)

So, those are the numbers we're working off of if we're talking about a career year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I wonder if Snead's productivity will drop off IF he's used as an X or Z more often?

IF the staff uses fewer 3 wide formations/packages and more 2 TE formations; Snead may have to play more snaps at the Z or X.

Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I wonder why that YPC stat is so reduced. Do you think it's possible it has something to do with where in the route the receiver is hit? I know Alex Smith, for example, really had a tendancy to hang his receivers out to dry last year. Like the only way they could make the catch is if they took a hit. I wonder if something similar is happening here, while Brees would hit Snead in stride?
    I believe a lot of it had to do with the routes he was running.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    Thanks Bc. I can hear Harbs saying, “We gonna ease our 1st round WR into the game and rotation slowly.”
    The leopard does not change it's spots... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    Upwards of 800 yards, similar to his early years in NO. His lack of touchdowns do concern me however. I’m not sure how much that has to do with scheme or talent
    The TDs are a little of both. The Saints used to use Snead as a mismatch against linebackers. That works when you have space. As you gets closer to the endzone there is less room and it gets really cramped.

Last year with the Ravens Snead wasn't fast enough for those breakaway TDs that Brown and Andrews caught. He also wasn't targets as a possession guy in the endzone the way Crabtree was. With Crabtree gone does Snead now line up outside and run to the corner? Is he the guy running the cross in the back of the endzone catching the ball on the run? That's the scheme part that would have to change for Snead to breakout.

Blog Entries

I could see Snead being the leading receiver on the Ravens easily, but I don't know if that will equal "breakout year."

That's going to depend on LJ's development as a passer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Does anyone see Snead getting 80/1000/5?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Does anyone see Snead getting 80/1000/5?
    Jimmy 48103.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp