Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Willie Snead is the next breakout Wide Receiver

Let’s not sell Willie Snead short (no bun intended, haha). Currently, he’s our top Wide Receiver and he should get at least 26-28 percent of the target share. Even if we draft Wide Receivers heavy, this Offense should utilize Willie Snead’s skill set to the fullest.

His quickness, ability to get open in the zone, and good hands are key to taking the next step in this Offense. Willie Snead may be the next Wes Welker or Julian Edelman within this system. Remember, Wes led the Patriots in catches nearly every season, including when Randy Moss was there.

“No team has relied more on slot receivers than the New England Patriots. From Troy Brown to Wes Welker to Julian Edelman.” https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/tags/julian-edelman

The Baltimore Ravens would be wise to follow this pattern.

Reference links:
    https://russellstreetreport.com/2018...-willie-snead/

https://ebonybird.com/2019/02/26/wil...enough-ravens/

Re: Willie Snead is the next breakout Wide Receiver

I think Willie Snead is going to haev a nice little year here and hopefully earn a contract as our slot guy for the next 4 years.

That being said, is he going ot become an elite, or even a star WR? I personally don't think so. I think he can be the Dennis Pitta safety blanket type player. He's great at navigating the middle of the field and had some solid first down conversions lsat year. But I dont think he's going to become Welker or an Edleman.

Pulling for him though.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

His role is an important one, especially for this offense. He'll be very important on 3rd down.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

I really like Snead's game. He's not overly fast, but he runs nice routes, he catches damn near everything, and he is an effort guy after the catch. Plus, he's a willing blocker. I really like all of those attributes about his game. To top it all off, he's only like 26 IIRC.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    LetÂ’s not sell Willie Snead short (no bun intended, haha). Currently, heÂ’s our top Wide Receiver and he should get at least 26-28 percent of the target share. Even if we draft Wide Receivers heavy, this Offense should utilize Willie SneadÂ’s skill set to the fullest.

His quickness, ability to get open in the zone, and good hands are key to taking the next step in this Offense. Willie Snead may be the next Wes Welker or Julian Edelman within this system. Remember, Wes led the Patriots in catches nearly every season, including when Randy Moss was there.

“No team has relied more on slot receivers than the New England Patriots. From Troy Brown to Wes Welker to Julian Edelman.” https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/tags/julian-edelman

The Baltimore Ravens would be wise to follow this pattern.

Reference links:
    https://russellstreetreport.com/2018...-willie-snead/

https://ebonybird.com/2019/02/26/wil...enough-ravens/

I think you are seriously under estimating any impact WRS are going to have from a statistical standpoint going forward with Jackson at QB, and this offensive philopsohy they appear to be implementing which will be run first, run second, and throw type of offense.

He had a normal average numbers last year himself. He will never replicate the numbers he put up with the Saints due to QB and offensive scheme are no where near the same level to allow him to be that.

He will probably be this teams best WR, but his number will still probably be 600-800 range I would expect.

Blog Entries

In this offense and because Lamar likes to throw over the middle, I think Snead could definitely be the team leader in receptions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    In this offense and because Lamar likes to throw over the middle, I think Snead could definitely be the team leader in receptions.
    This will most assuredly make it easier on the outside with whoever the Ravens decide to line up out there (draft pick, free agent)

Andrews will be the stud

snead will produce like he always has

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think you are seriously under estimating any impact WRS are going to have from a statistical standpoint going forward with Jackson at QB, and this offensive philopsohy they appear to be implementing which will be run first, run second, and throw type of offense.

He had a normal average numbers last year himself. He will never replicate the numbers he put up with the Saints due to QB and offensive scheme are no where near the same level to allow him to be that.

He will probably be this teams best WR, but his number will still probably be 600-800 range I would expect.
    If his target share goes up and he stays on the field for 1st and 2nd down, he may be in the upwards of the 700 range. So 600-800 is realistic to me as well

Blog Entries

personally im not a fan

He looked extremely mediocre last year

Im not expecting much from him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Andrews will be the stud

Andrews and Snead will make it easier to wait for an rookie Wide Receiver to adjust to the pro game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Andrews will be the stud

I think Andrews is going to be a very good player as well. Hopefully Hurst is equally as good in 2019. :)