Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Willie Snead is the next breakout Wide Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. Snead is good at getting open in the middle of the field. The problem is he is not fast enough. He is a TE in a slot receiver body. I like him as the 3rd or 4th wr mainly used on 3rd downs.
    He fills a role now at a reasonable price. At an inflated price, I would rather a less dynamically limited player. He’s a low ceiling, slow, albeit reliable little slot receiver only. Again, fine right now on his current contract, but I’m certainly hoping we can do better next offseason than retaining him in the $10-13m range...

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. Snead is good at getting open in the middle of the field. The problem is he is not fast enough. He is a TE in a slot receiver body. I like him as the 3rd or 4th wr mainly used on 3rd downs.
    I completely agree except I saw an interview recently on the Ravens website where he talks about getting his weight back down to his college weight of 190 for this season to pick up more speed and quickness. So, he is trying to fit into this faster paced offense that is coming and wants to stay a part of it. I really like what is happening with these young Ravens. They are motivated and really putting in the work.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

I am hoping Hollywood can remain healthy and take a good portion of the slot reps. Offense would be more dynamic with him out of the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Why was 2015 a breakout year for Kamar Aiken?

(944 yards, 12.6 ypr, 5 TD)

because there was no one else to throw to. He hasn't approached those numbers since.
    It was the same deal with Torrey Smith getting 1128 receiving yards in 2013.

I think Snead could have a big year if the coaches let him. I think he is one of the best WRs the Ravens have ever had. That being said, he will likely have the same role - possession receiver - this year and that will limit his stats. But I'm ok with that cuz the dude can get open, catch in traffic, and keep those chains moving down the field. I look forward to watching him!

I think that Chris Moore is more likely to have a breakout season, even though I don't think he's as good as Snead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I know you are trying to make this point that the Ravens don't value receivers enough but I have yet to see the guy they had and should have paid top dollar to keep. The rumored offer to Torrey Smith would have been a huge mistake. For Jarvis Landry they were up against a team with $90 million in cap space when they had very little and could always be out bid.

Usually you aren't against the rest of the league. You are against 1 or 2 teams who may be willing to push the envelope way up. We saw that with the battle to get Amari Cooper between the Cowboys and Eagles this past year. I don't know if the Ravens had any interest in joining in but those teams were throwing some serious draft capital around that most Ravens fans would not be happy giving up. It was almost the exact same situation with Brandon Cooks a couple of years ago. I was all in on a trading a 1st round pick and paying him but almost no one was agreeing with me.

When the Ravens are in a position to pay a top WR we'll see what they do. My guess is that they'll pay the guy because there aren't many out there.
    When they stop paying the Brandon Williams' of the world what they paid him, maybe I'll think about coming around.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Thumbs up Re: Willie Snead is the next breakout Wide Receiver

“This year, I was feeling pretty healthy, lower body-wise, so I did a lot of running, just trying to lighten up,” Snead said. “I’m just trying to run faster this year, run by guys and definitely get some more separation in my game.”

His interview is about a quarter of the way down the page.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...healing-finger
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When they stop paying the Brandon Williams' of the world what they paid him, maybe I'll think about coming around.
    When they STOP paying a homegrown player big money, you'll start to come around to thinking that they'll pay a homegrown player big money?

Ohhh-kayyyyy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    When they STOP paying a homegrown player big money, you'll start to come around to thinking that they'll pay a homegrown player big money?

Ohhh-kayyyyy.
    Don’t try that Jim. You know what I mean. When it comes to WR, there’s always an excuse. You and I both know that if the Ravens had 100mil in cap space, it wouldn’t make a difference with them. It’s not the space. It’s the price. They were in on Landry, just like most other top FA WRs. Just like the Orioles used to do. Put out an offer they knew wouldn’t get it done and act like they were competitive. Cap space hasn’t stopped them from bringing in high quality defenders and keeping guys they want.

If Hollywood Brown turns into an All-Pro and hits the market, if another team offers him 20 and the Ravens only offer 15, that won’t change just because they are flush with cap space. They’re still going to offer 15. At best, they may go to 17.

Don’t try that Jim. You know what I mean. When it comes to WR, there’s always an excuse. You and I both know that if the Ravens had 100mil in cap space, it wouldn’t make a difference with them. It’s not the space. It’s the price. They were in on Landry, just like most other top FA WRs. Just like the Orioles used to do. Put out an offer they knew wouldn’t get it done and act like they were competitive. Cap space hasn’t stopped them from bringing in high quality defenders and keeping guys they want.

If Hollywood Brown turns into an All-Pro and hits the market, if another team offers him 20 and the Ravens only offer 15, that won’t change just because they are flush with cap space. They’re still going to offer 15. At best, they may go to 17.
    Honestly even if The Ravens were just putting on a show when it came to Jarvis Landry they still ended up saving money by signing Willie Snead.Snead may not have been known as Jarvis Landry was last.year during the off season but Landry and Snead playing style arent that far off. Its not really hard to believe that Snead would have had similar production as Jarvis Landry last year if he was The Ravens starting number 1 or 2 receiver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Honestly even if The Ravens were just putting on a show when it came to Jarvis Landry they still ended up saving money by signing Willie Snead.Snead may not have been known as Jarvis Landry was last.year during the off season but Landry and Snead playing style arent that far off. Its not really hard to believe that Snead would have had similar production as Jarvis Landry last year if he was The Ravens starting number 1 or 2 receiver.
    Again, beside the point. We aren’t getting into all that.

No way is Snead in Landry’s ballpark... not even close. Geez, I like The guy but he is one of those cult hero super overrated Dennis Pitta types lately... Landry is special, Snead is not. A fine player, but not special.

Blog Entries

Do the Ravens value kickers because they paid Tucker? Do they value punters because they paid Koch? How about guards because because of how much they gave Yanda or corners with Jimmy Smith? It's the player and not the position. They offered Mosley a lot of money to stay but didn't do the same with Z'Darius Smith or Ryan Jenson or Ricky Wagner in recent years. If they had a top WR they're going to make him a big offer to stay. They problem is that so far they've never had one.

Could they have offered huge money for Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson or Alshon Jeffery to make sure they have a #1 WR? Yes. Those guys got massive deals and the Ravens like any team, could have offered even more. Somehow I don't think that's what you are anyone else is looking for. Forget Snead because he's never going to reach those heights. If one of the rookies or 2nd year receivers on this team becomes a star the Ravens will pay them just the kicker, punter, guard and cornerback