Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Re: Ot: NHL PLAYOFFS

These playoffs sucked ass -- I'm just happy it's not the Leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by Josepho View Post
    These playoffs sucked ass -- I'm just happy it's not the Leafs.
    how did they suck?
    almost all the top seeds got bounced early

Gotta go with the Blues. Been a side piece fans since they had Brett Hull.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Glad you guys are supporting the Blues! Tickets to game 3 are $1k a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Pulling for the Blues, not least because you can never root for a Boston team, their fans are awful, and some of their players - Brad Marchand, need I say more?
    The Blues are fun to watch. Everyone at my workplace (with the exception of the massholes) are all rooting for them. While we all have allegiances to various teams throughout the season, we all hate the Bruins. They really are an unlikable team. Also, how can anybody who rooted for the Caps last year not be rooting for the Blues this year? Their fans have been suffering the championship drought longer than the Caps fans had - and that was a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    how did they suck?
    almost all the top seeds got bounced early
    Because those were all the fun teams. Teams like the Islanders, Hurricanes and Blue Jackets suck to watch.

You can't tell me these playoffs wouldn't have been better with Tampa, Pittsburgh and Washington advancing past round 1. Also would've liked to see Vegas and Calgary go a bit further in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Fuck Boston.

I was also an Avalanche fan growing up. But that's because I played minor hockey for the Athens Aeros and our logo was the Avs logo lol. So I used to pretend I was palying for the Avs...oh the memories.
    That's basically how I became a cardinals fan for baseball. Little league where I lived named teams after pro teams and I started out on the cardinals.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Josepho View Post
    Because those were all the fun teams. Teams like the Islanders, Hurricanes and Blue Jackets suck to watch.

You can't tell me these playoffs wouldn't have been better with Tampa, Pittsburgh and Washington advancing past round 1. Also would've liked to see Vegas and Calgary go a bit further in the West.
    Pittsburgh and Washington I can do without. Nothing exciting about the same teams in it every year. Vegas can pound sand. I'm glad they got bounced and I'm glad it was controversial, so they can whine like the little bitches they are. I would have been okay with more Flames and Avs, but the Blues are fun to watch when they aren't taking dumb penalties, which seems to be a nightly occurance. I agree about the Lightning and the Islanders - they would have made this better than watching those massholes from Boston.

Blog Entries

I watched Lil Nas X

And fuck Boston

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

...fuck Boston
    The Bruins might be in trouble and a little thin on defense if Matt Grzelcyk isn't up to full capacity. I doubt Zdeno Chara is going to play with a broken jaw, but hockey players are damn tough. The guy took a puck to the face, left the ice a bloody mess and still came back to the bench the next period. It wouldn't surprise me if he played again this series, but it's probably not the wisest move for his long-term health.

Blog Entries

After playing in the NHL for 22 years, I doubt Chara is going to be worrying about the long-term impacts of playing with a broken jaw for 2 or 3 games. I think he plays.

Like everyone else, I don't like Chara or Marchand, so hoping the Blues win.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I doubt Zdeno Chara is going to play with a broken jaw, but hockey players are damn tough. The guy took a puck to the face, left the ice a bloody mess and still came back to the bench the next period. It wouldn't surprise me if he played again this series, but it's probably not the wisest move for his long-term health.
    Amazing the puck could reach that altitude.....

While I want the Blues to win, I'm wondering if this will be a Willis Reed-like moment (for the geezers here).