Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ray Lewis' Dance

I READ TODAY THAT RAY LEWIS MAY WANT TO BRING BACK THE DANCE DURING THE INTRODUCTION BEFORE THE GAME. HOW DO THE MEMBERS FEEL ? ARE YOU HAPPY WITH IT GONE OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IT COME BACK ?

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis' Dance

DON'T SHOUT!

I think I have a fix for that....

Personally it is great for when I have a customer or stadium 'newb' sitting with me. Otherwise I could do without it.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Blog Entries

i think the key is how does the TEAM react to it. If it does the job to get them worked up, go for it. If not, let's move on to something else.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Also stated in that article was the fact (or rumor) that another player wanted to do his own. I like the Ray dance personally. Then again, I am only able to make it to a couple games a year.

Could it be that we will see the "new face" of the team if and when they do it?
    SS

5. Re: Ray Lewis' Dance

Nice avatar Steve , I think they sould bring it back mainly because it electrifies the crowd. I would also be in favor of, After Rays retirement, it being displayed on the smartvision to celabrate the tradition of Baltimore Defencive football.

Let the man dance if he wants to dance.

Steve - WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

There was an aritcle in the Sun after the first preseason game that stated that the fans and some of the players weren't impressed with the 'new' intro. They prefer the players getting introduced individually. I was looking forward to the first time that Steve was announced -- that would have been one huge ovation.

I think we will see the individual player introductions at some point this season and I also think that we will see the Ray dance (in some format) again at some point this season. Before that last game in Miami, perhaps? ;)
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    Let the man dance if he wants to dance.
    That's a perfect quote coming from the man with a T-sizzles avatar.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

I'd like to see the individual intros return too, they do help pump the crowd up. I'm sure HYH is ready to intro Steve McNair, the crowd will go crazy.

Hey Ravefan12 and Steve, welcome to the board!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I don't particularly care about the dance, but they need some sort of finale for the intros. As it is now, the whole thing just peters out and leaves everyone wondering "Is that it?". At least have the team gather up for "What time is it?" or something.

11. Re: Ray Lewis' Dance

I think the Ravens should ask which players want to dance....then the fans vote each week who they want announced last during intro's....that way if the fans keep picking ray....then thats what the fans want.....if they pick stover one week...that would be funny! :)

Save the spotlight dancing for 'Soul Train', or whatever is the equivalent these days.

Those fans who favor the "Hey, look at me" childishness are the ones that fail to realize that there is a 'me in 'team, but no 'team in 'me.