Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Re: Gillette's new ad campaign

Oy vey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Oy vey
    Yeah, I think the one should be doing an ad for cottage cheese instead.

So much for “ the best a man can get”. Holy smokes. What a strange , strange world we live in.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

If that is the best a man can get then we are all doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    So much for “ the best a man can get”. Holy smokes. What a strange , strange world we live in.

That went out the window when they started marketing the 132,508 blade razor cartridges. I fell for that hook, line, and sinker - my dad used electric razors, and when I went on an international trip in 2000 (at 16), the recommendation was to get a manual razor because it will always work. So I went with the relatively new Mach 3. And then I used several other multi-bladed cartridges over the next nearly 2 decades.

Then I discovered dual-bladed safety razors 2 years ago. I'm never going back to spending $5 for a razor blade - the cost of a 4 pack of cartridges is now my total daily shave cost for 2 years. Last time I bought blades was almost 18 months ago. I bought 100 of them. I've still got about 6 months worth of razors left. They cost me about $20.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    That went out the window when they started marketing the 132,508 blade razor cartridges. I fell for that hook, line, and sinker - my dad used electric razors, and when I went on an international trip in 2000 (at 16), the recommendation was to get a manual razor because it will always work. So I went with the relatively new Mach 3. And then I used several other multi-bladed cartridges over the next nearly 2 decades.

Then I discovered dual-bladed safety razors 2 years ago. I'm never going back to spending $5 for a razor blade - the cost of a 4 pack of cartridges is now my total daily shave cost for 2 years. Last time I bought blades was almost 18 months ago. I bought 100 of them. I've still got about 6 months worth of razors left. They cost me about $20.
    I feel ya. My wife was a barber before she went to Nursing school. She got me a safety razor and I never looked back. Course I still get a str8 razor shave when I get my haircut.