Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Chris Davis

Re: OT: Chris Davis

I'm being completely serious when I say the Orioles should start him every inning of every game to literally shame him into retiring. If this keeps up (and it will) he will be so absolutely miserable and hate his job so much that he may actually walk away. This would give back something like $67M to the team. I want him to be the model of futility. I want him to be booed without mercy at Oriole Park. I want this to eat at him every moment of every day, until he finally break and does the HONORABLE thing and retires, and stops this theft of millions of dollars a year from this team. This mother-f'er is the reason the greatest player the Orioles have had since Cal Ripken is playing in San Diego right now. I have zero sympathy for him. Bat his ass leadoff and let him strike out 4 or 5 times a game instead of 3 or 4.

Davis not even in Saturday's lineup after an off day yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    I'm being completely serious when I say the Orioles should start him every inning of every game to literally shame him into retiring. If this keeps up (and it will) he will be so absolutely miserable and hate his job so much that he may actually walk away. This would give back something like $67M to the team. I want him to be the model of futility. I want him to be booed without mercy at Oriole Park. I want this to eat at him every moment of every day, until he finally break and does the HONORABLE thing and retires, and stops this theft of millions of dollars a year from this team. This mother-f'er is the reason the greatest player the Orioles have had since Cal Ripken is playing in San Diego right now. I have zero sympathy for him. Bat his ass leadoff and let him strike out 4 or 5 times a game instead of 3 or 4.
    I notice so much complaining on this forum about bad Ravens contracts — and everyone always blames the front office. So if you’re pissed about Davis’ contract, don’t blame him. Blame the d-bags who gave it to him.

I mean really, if your boss offered you a huge contract, what would you do?

Sadly sports contracts are often based on past performance, which as the Wall Street types tell us, does not always indicate future results.

I don’t blame Davis. I just want him gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    And yet Davis will continue to stare at strike three, not hit the ball the opposite direction of the shift and make no adjustments to his swing.
    Davis has to know it's over. He's 33 and his bat speed is totally gone. He has 19 years left on his contract.

As soon as we release him he retires the next day. He's just going through the motions at this point.

I've advocated for batting him 9th as the DH every single game. His ego, I'm hoping, would crack after a while. Shame him into retiring. Or, find some "injury" that requires the DL for the next 4 years & offload the salary to the disability carrier that the O's hopefully used to manage some of the contract risk. No off days. Batting 9th EVERY DAY until he walks away / violates the contract so it can be voided. Hell...have the team's training staff put some liquid 'roids into his food & get him suspended. Whatever it takes to offload the salary & get him to never wear an O's uniform again.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Davis has to know it's over. He's 33 and his bat speed is totally gone. He has 19 years left on his contract.

As soon as we release him he retires the next day. He's just going through the motions at this point.
    19 years? Eh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    ... find some "injury" that requires the DL for the next 4 years & offload the salary to the disability carrier that the O's hopefully used to manage some of the contract risk.
    Send him over to the Ravens for a physical. Those doctors are great at finding ankle problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    This. Fuck him.

At this point I wonder if he's even seeing the ball well enough to get away from an errant pitch.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I notice so much complaining on this forum about bad Ravens contracts — and everyone always blames the front office. So if you’re pissed about Davis’ contract, don’t blame him. Blame the d-bags who gave it to him.

I mean really, if your boss offered you a huge contract, what would you do?

Sadly sports contracts are often based on past performance, which as the Wall Street types tell us, does not always indicate future results.

I don’t blame Davis. I just want him gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear that his contract was mostly Brady's doing. That Dan Duquette didn't want to sign him. This, combined with the fact that they essentially bid against themselves when he was a FA makes this the worst contract in O's history. Oh, and they should have kept Nelson Cruz instead.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Did he get a hit yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Did he get a hit yet?
    He has less hits than Ray Rice

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They're bouncing Mancini all over the place. Today he's back in RF to get Davis back in the lineup to play 1B. I really don't know what his natural position is he's listed as LF, RF, 1B, and DH, but Mancini has been their best player so far, and find him a position to develop him at. I like the idea I read about Davis being a DH in the 9 spot if they insist on playing him. Sort of like NL rules where you bat the pitchers, but a lot of pitchers look like Babe Ruth compared to Davis. The guy is screwing up the entire team because they can't find any continuity bouncing guys all over the field playing whatever position.