Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Defending AFC North Camps will Not Tank

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Motivational tips from America's best-loved personal trainer.

"Yer a tomato!"
    "He'll knock ya into tomorrow!"

Does anybody think is possible our o-line plays better under Roman than they did Marty? I question this because of Rick Wagner. He looked terrible in 2013 undee Castillo's blocking scheme, admittedly in limited snaps, then under Kubiak's scheme the following year I think he was rated a top 3 RT. There was also a huge panic about Jensen being the starting from fans, a year later the same people freaked out about letting such a great center walk.

Seasons don't always end how we want them, but I just can't see the whole panic right now. Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser could end up playing when finally receiving a far amount of snaps (see Kruger, McPhee, etc). There's definite cause for concern, but to write off all these positions as holes is a bit much imo. Someone else said it, they just need more depth.

I do wonder if Roman can develop/further improve the o-line we already have though, whether through a scheme that fits them better or play calling. I won't be mad at an upgrade either way

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    agreed. The AFC seems the weakest its been in years. I would guess the favorites are the Chargers, Chiefs and Pats. The pats and chiefs both look like they should take a step back, and Im not worried about Rivers in big games
    Although I agree with assessment on those three being favorites, I don’t see the Pats taking a step back H. Yeah, the Pats lose Gronk but who will challenge them for the division?
    Buffalo? Lolol!
    Miami? Pfttttttt!
    Jets? I don’t see it.
    They’ve won a Super Bowl in the past without Gronk. I see them easily winning AFC East again.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Although I agree with assessment on those three being favorites, I don’t see the Pats taking a step back H. Yeah, the Pats lose Gronk but who will challenge them for the division?
    Buffalo? Lolol!
    Miami? Pfttttttt!
    Jets? I don’t see it.
    They’ve won a Super Bowl in the past without Gronk. I see them easily winning AFC East again.
    Bro there's no WAY they don't win the AFC East. I think the closest challenger is Buffalo, and that's dependent on Josh Allen really taking a step in year 2 as well as a home run draft.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Buffalo? Lolol!
    Miami? Pfttttttt!
    Jets? I don’t see it.
    Almost an automatic ticket to the AFC Championship Game.

Which the Patriots have been in for eight. straight. seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Browns have added a lot of talent, but I can't remember the last time the team that won the off-season also won the Super Bowl.
    The closest was the 07 Pat's when they got Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Adalius Thomas. Undeafeated season wasnt bad but they still lost the big game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    You're generally only going two-deep on front seven positions, so most of those spots are already filled with bodies. The young players have to develop, is all.

MIKE does have a hole, unless Kenny Young slides over, in which case WILL has a hole.
    I may be in the minority, but I would sign Eric Berry and have Tony Jefferson play in a safety/linebacker hybrid role.

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I would sign Eric Berry and have Tony Jefferson play in a safety/linebacker hybrid role.
    Expensive and injury prone. I’ll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Does anybody think is possible our o-line plays better under Roman than they did Marty?
    I do wonder if Roman can develop/further improve the o-line we already have though, whether through a scheme that fits them better or play calling.
    Roman likes O-linemen and believes in using them to their fullest. I have no doubt that in general an O-line will perform better under Roman than under Marty M. The OL coach is probly more important though – I think Joe D is good, but it'll be a couple years before we can be sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Honestly, WR is the only clear available starting spot... We have at least one potentially promising backup at both Edge and IOL(Bozeman and Williams).
    I would Like to add someone that can push to start at IOL/ILB/EDGE but really we need depth.
    WR however, we really need 2 starters... because IMO, of the youngsters competing, Chris Moore has shown very little despite the most opportunity.
    Agreed, I would like to add an WR via draft and Free Agency (maybe cap casulty or trade) and moving Tony Jefferson to a hybrid role may help the ILB (although I believe we're good at this position).

Notes from EDC today:

Regarding WRs:

Eric DeCosta stressed patience for those wanting to know what Ravens are doing at WR. "We did not look at free agency as really a great way to address the wide receiver position this year," he said. DeCosta said team can address position in draft or later in free agency.
    https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/s...76830546653184

DeCosta on drafting receivers: “Everybody always wants to know about WRs in Baltimore. In past, we’ve had some success, but we’ve also misevaluated range of players. There’s been guys that we wanted to take that got picked right before we could pick. That’s a frustrating thing."
    https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/s...78066700341249

EDC on Edge rushers:

Eric DeCosta on Ravens' situation at pass rusher: “It’s certainly a need. We’ve got some young players that we’re still excited about in Tyus Bowser and Timmy Williams, and obviously Matt Judon is a staple on our defense. But our depth is not quite what it was last year."
    https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/s...77132091953152

EDC on Jimmy Smith

Eric DeCosta on Jimmy Smith's status: “I think one of the greatest strengths of our team right now is our secondary. I think it would be foolish for us to make a strength a weakness for no reason. It’s a very fluid process. We’re in good shape right now salary cap-wise."
    https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/s...76071331487744
    Last edited by BMORERavens; 03-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Does anybody think is possible our o-line plays better under Roman than they did Marty? I question this because of Rick Wagner. He looked terrible in 2013 undee Castillo's blocking scheme, admittedly in limited snaps, then under Kubiak's scheme the following year I think he was rated a top 3 RT. There was also a huge panic about Jensen being the starting from fans, a year later the same people freaked out about letting such a great center walk.

Seasons don't always end how we want them, but I just can't see the whole panic right now. Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser could end up playing when finally receiving a far amount of snaps (see Kruger, McPhee, etc). There's definite cause for concern, but to write off all these positions as holes is a bit much imo. Someone else said it, they just need more depth.

I do wonder if Roman can develop/further improve the o-line we already have though, whether through a scheme that fits them better or play calling. I won't be mad at an upgrade either way
    Yes, I believe with Roman at OC our Offensive line will enjoy an even better year. The only thing we should be concerned with is drafting depth for competition and injury risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Who are you calling serviceable players at ILB? Is there someone I am forgetting?
    Current depth chart is MLB is Chris Board (Complete unknown).
    Current depth chart at WLB is Peanut and Kenny Young.
    Not much depth there.

Current depth Chart of SAM LB position is Matt Judon and Tyus Boswer.
    Not much depth.

The WR position has 2 if not 3 holes due to no depth at the position.

Edge rush LB is 2 holes as Tim Williams is the only body at the moment.

DE position is who Wormley and Zach Seiler (Both complete unknowns)

Sure seems like alot of holes to me. Its not like we get starters for every single pick. Lately we are lucky if we see 2 -3 a year from our draft picks.
    Last year's draft already produced 5 starters and a few more depth players. Still haven't seen what Elliot can do. Lasley and Scott are crap shoots at this point

You're right about several drafts before last year. Too many high round misses or players that simply haven't caught on yet.