Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast

Re: Defending AFC North Camps will Not Tank

I am a diehard Ravens fan, but Baker Mayfield scares me. He is a winner. You can see it in the confidence he portrays in the huddle and the plays he makes. However, the Browns have a lousy owner (which means lousy organization) and a rookie coach. If Lamar Jackson progresses as we all expect, I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by quoth_the_raven View Post
    I am a diehard Ravens fan, but Baker Mayfield scares me. He is a winner. You can see it in the confidence he portrays in the huddle and the plays he makes. However, the Browns have a lousy owner (which means lousy organization) and a rookie coach. If Lamar Jackson progresses as we all expect, I like our chances.
    To me the Browns will be losers until further notice. I can't be scared of them until they do something scary. It's all bark and no bite until I see it on the field. Pittsburgh scares me. They're the ones who always are good, always are scary to play. They've earned that. I remember many times thinking "here we go the Browns are getting it together" only for it to fall apart. I won't believe it until I see it with them. I think the potential is there with Mayfield, but that's all it is: potential. Now if they come out and blow us out, then I'll actually take them seriously.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Can't believe some of you guys took the bait from Wolfman...

Anyway, welcome to the board brave Browns poster.

IMHO, I don't fear Baker or Odell or the Garrett or anyone else that makes up the Cleveland browns. They've always played the Ravens tough and I expect that to continue. They've always had a good defense and I expect nothing less. Baker is a confident kid and they have some talent across the board on offense. But a 7-8-1 season does not a contender make. Even if they do rise to the occasion and let's say win 10 games this year...what does that mean? Does it mean the North is in for a sustained run of Browns dominance. Absolutely not. They still have to deal with the Ravens and Steelers - twice a year each - and occasionally Cincy when they pull their shit together. For the Browns to take a stranglehold on this division, they need to be consistently better than the two teams that have traditionally dominated the division...and last time I checked, neither of those teams look to be falling off a cliff. I picture the Browns being exactly like the Jags over the past 5 years...perpetually touted as the "next" team and perpetually falling short, even with the benefit of all that top 10 draft talent. Hell, the Jags needed a rash of injuries and mismanagement by Houston and Andrew Luck's shoulder falling off before they could muster a playoff season and then *poof* right back to being the Jags. Maybe the Browns squeeze one or two winning seasons out of it before their cap issues destroy the team(John Dorsey's strong suit,lol). But until we all witness some sustained success...sorry, business as usual.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Two things:

1. I don't blame Cleveland for not wanting to bail Modell out of his financial troubles. Much of his troubles was self-inflicted.

2. Every owner sees dollar signs.
    1. I do blame Cleveland. Modell was a decent guy who always supported the city while the Indians were passed from hand-to-hand ownership and given a new stadium. The city even built the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame while Municipal Stadium was a crumbling dump. He received a fine offer from Baltimore and IMO reluctantly moved his team.

2. Every employee sees dollar signs... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    These are horrible. The Steelers, plagued with Locker room issues, whose only notable roster change was the loss of their elite wide receiver, are predicted to have the same records as last year's AFCCG participants, the Chiefs and the Patriots. But neither of these division winners will be as good as the Chargers, because Melvin Gordon is holding out.

Packers make no improvement after finally upgrading their coach, but the Vikings magically become the best team in the NFC, despite being swept by the Bears last season.

Atlanta over the Saints.....

Gross

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    You really need to re read what you put in bold...and read it slowly. I stated that I WAS NOT SAYING THAT THAT YOU HAD WON ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU INHERITED THE BROWNS...in other words...please follow closely..I am not claiming that your superbowl wins were due to the fact your team originated from the Cleveland Browns. I simply said that it gave you a jump on things...starting with an established team, which was regarded as a contender in 1995, until the move was announced. Research it. Do you really believe that if you were awarded an expansion team ( which you were not, and passed over many times ) that you would have won a superbowl in 4 years? Also...if my opinion is that you do not have a strong passing game, is discrediting your team...well, then I stand corrected. I apologize for stating an opinion on your message board.
    The Browns did have descent teams in the 80's & had chances to go to Super Bowls, if Sipe had not thrown that interception in 1980 (known as red right 88) they most likely would have beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl instead of the Raiders. remember that game vividly Browns were at Oakland 15 a field goal would win it but Sam Rattigliano did not think Cockroft could make in the icy cold air since he already missed a couple of field goals that day, rest is history

If Elway does not orchestrate a 98 yard drive in 1987 Browns are in another Super Bowl but would have had no shot at beating the Giants.

If Byner does not fumble the ball the following year Browns would be going to the Super Bowl with a legit chance of beating the Skins.

Bottom line is the Browns did not finish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The last time you won a championship was 55 years ago, you're celebrating something most Browns fans didn't live through, or at the very least were too young to remember. I don't think that's exactly relevant. Jeez I thought Pittsburgh was bad for constantly talking about how they won a bunch in the '80s, this is a whole new level. 3/4 of your NFL Championships were won in the 1950s!

Why are you coming on a Ravens board just to talk shit about the Ravens?
    Pitt fans glorify their whole existence on the 70's not the 80's, they won nothing in the 80's

why did the bisons change to bills

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Thanks for being intelligent and courteous. Personally, I don't care about any recognition regarding your team's success. I just have a difficult time dealing with some of your fans who have been piling on forever. I find it ironic...you guys have your original team robbed from you, by a lowlife owner, but when it happens in Cleveland...well..who cares? I'm over the whole mess, but yes...to be a fan of a team that repeats the same mistakes over and over for 20 years, and continues to go backwards makes you question the sanity of the fans. I get it that we are division rivals, if you don't mind me using that term,as one sided as it has been. It's good to talk smack back and forth, within reason. I'm cautiously optimistic about the new season. I'm just hoping for a legitimate competitive team that will have a chance in any game. Being old...I tend to dwell on the past, and therefore hope for championship caliber teams like the Browns of the past. Your younger members will laugh about that statement, but the point is...the NFL didn't begin in 1999. The Cleveland Browns were one of the winningest franchises in the NFL for many years. The Baltimore Colts were also a great franchise at one time. Realistically, our team is not the real Cleveland Browns, and never will be. I can put a Corvette emblem on a Yugo, but it's still a Yugo. That paragraph thing seems like a lot of work. Please feel free to grade my spelling and punctuation, though.
    1) when it happened to Rams, Colts, Raiders...The fans care as i stated previously.

2) You guys will be competitive and i think pretty good too

3) Honestly it doesnt sound like your over anything....

4) I merely suggested paragraphs to make it easier for other members to read and respond, such as myself. But if its too much work i get it, should of known not to expect much effort from a Browns fan. cHaNgE Da CuLtUrE

5) What is really going to be unbearable is when you guys have any amount of success, still if. I have feeling most of your fan base will be trying to rub it in peoples faces and talking shit...which yea, be happy you guys win, but most people are picking you guys to have a good season. Most people hate the patriots, but they win. Lot of shit talking going on from a fan based who "won an off-season."

6) Fun fact: Browns have the lowest win percentage this century: 93-210.
    Last edited by usmccharles; 07-23-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    1. I do blame Cleveland. Modell was a decent guy who always supported the city while the Indians were passed from hand-to-hand ownership and given a new stadium. The city even built the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame while Municipal Stadium was a crumbling dump. He received a fine offer from Baltimore and IMO reluctantly moved his team.

2. Every employee sees dollar signs... Bc
    Then you must also blame the city of Baltimore and the Colts fans and consider Irsay a decent guy, right? If you knew the facts, you might think a little differently. Obviously, you couldn't care less, or you would have researched the situation. Modell received numerous opportunities to get a new stadium, which the city needed. The Municipal Stadium was a dump. He refused every attempt to satisfy his needs. It was reported many times that he was financially strapped, due to his poor decisions regarding high profile players. He borrowed money excessively from the banks, and was in danger of losing the team. Keep in mind, the Browns continued to sell out every home game. This is the difference between the Cleveland move and the Baltimore move. Fans were not showing up to see the Colts play, in 1983 and 1984. The NFL world was shocked when Modell pulled this stunt. The city of Cleveland tried to block the move, but Modell was not stupid, and had his $75 million to cover legal expenses. The fact that the franchise name and colors remained in Cleveland, was not due to Modell being a nice guy. It was challenged by the city and the fans, and he really had no choice. These are facts...not my opinion, and can be researched and confirmed with a little effort. However, I did not despise Modell for this move, as most Browns fans do. You're right...for many years he was a decent guy, very eager to please the fans, always trying to keep the team competitive. A lot of fans will tell you that he "meddled" with the operations of the team, and did more harm than good. The way I see it, it was his team, and he had every right to have input. He was the biggest Browns fan, and was very passionate about his team. I don't find any fault with that. The other thing about Municipal Stadium...Modell leased it from the the city for $1 dollar a year, and was required to keep up the maintenance. Modell contributed considerably to the growth of the NFL, but pulling a great franchise out of Cleveland, was not his best move. This is the reason he will never be inducted to the NFL Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    1) when it happened to Rams, Colts, Raiders...The fans care as i stated previously.

2) You guys will be competitive and i think pretty good too

3) Honestly it doesnt sound like your over anything....

4) I merely suggested paragraphs to make it easier for other members to read and respond, such as myself. But if its too much work i get it, should of known not to expect much effort from a Browns fan. cHaNgE Da CuLtUrE

5) What is really going to be unbearable is when you guys have any amount of success, still if. I have feeling most of your fan base will be trying to rub it in peoples faces and talking shit...which yea, be happy you guys win, but most people are picking you guys to have a good season. Most people hate the patriots, but they win. Lot of shit talking going on from a fan based who "won an off-season."

6) Fun fact: Browns have the lowest win percentage this century: 93-210.
    Of course it will be unbearable for you if we have a good season. Kind of like you guys are, now. A lot of the hype is coming from the national media right now...not from the fans. It gives the illusion that we, the fans, are creating the hype. Not true...it's the media. It is tempered a little by the obvious Cleveland " haters ", though. Colin Cowturd, that Mike Silver guy, who is best friends with Hue Jackson. So, yes...it's a fact that there are a lot of obnoxious Browns fans out here, but you won't hear any crap from me, shoving it in your face. Even though, I've heard plenty from some of these fans of yours, when I only defended my team, here. This is the Ravens board...not the Browns, and I respect that, but I will always defend our fans and team when we are being disrespected. I will say this...my experience over here tells me that your fans are no different from ours. There are some really good posters, who have a reasonable view of everything. But, of course, they still get the point across, that we are enemies. Then, you having some morons here, who couldn't spell " CAT " if you spotted them the "C" and "T". No different from our board.