Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Go out and sign Zach Brown

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Who, Urban? You have a line to him?
    A couple of connections yeah. I used to play hockey against him when we were younger. And a guy from my hometown went to UVA with him, so when they were home in-between his FR year (Urban was a JR) he came down to visit here so we got talking about the Ravens and stuff. So I've talked to him a few times on IG. Nothing crazy and not the kind of guy I could pick up the phone, but chatted a few times.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    A couple of connections yeah. I used to play hockey against him when we were younger. And a guy from my hometown went to UVA with him, so when they were home in-between his FR year (Urban was a JR) he came down to visit here so we got talking about the Ravens and stuff. So I've talked to him a few times on IG. Nothing crazy and not the kind of guy I could pick up the phone, but chatted a few times.
    Cool!

Cool!
    I'm not trying to name drop. I've messaged him 3 times, I just looked at it. So it's really not that big of a connection lol.

But there's no reports on him right now and he's a pretty decent player, so I'm not sure what it is. Could be his injury history / he's nothing more than an average starter IMO
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

I'm not trying to name drop. I've messaged him 3 times, I just looked at it. So it's really not that big of a connection lol.

But there's no reports on him right now and he's a pretty decent player, so I'm not sure what it is. Could be his injury history / he's nothing more than an average starter IMO
    yep - average starter. My guess is, post draft signing because this draft is crazy good on the DL.

yep - average starter. My guess is, post draft signing because this draft is crazy good on the DL.
    Yup.

I imagine he’ll be in demand post-draft depending on what teams miss out on their targets in the front seven.

Blog Entries

If he (Urban) comes back on the cheap, then I'm interested. Apparently there isn't a great deal of interest from other teams for this average/replaceable player... Bc

Blog Entries

Urban finally is healthy and he gets jus half a sack for a season. It’s very difficult to get teams interested if you play defensive line and can’t get to the QB at all. If Urban had 3 sacks he’d be signed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Urban finally is healthy and he gets jus half a sack for a season. It’s very difficult to get teams interested if you play defensive line and can’t get to the QB at all. If Urban had 3 sacks he’d be signed.
    I agree.

It's funny because we all thoguht he was more of a pass rushing 5-tech, but he looks like the run stopping guy.

For a 5-tech it lowers the value wya more.
    - Ray Lewis

I agree.

It's funny because we all thoguht he was more of a pass rushing 5-tech, but he looks like the run stopping guy.

For a 5-tech it lowers the value wya more.
    I remember in the preaseason in '17 he was swatting down balls like Karch Kiraly. (here, I'll save you the trouble:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=karch+kiraly)

He only has five career PDs. He was never able to translate that to games I guess, but I thought it would be a big weapon with his wingspan, even if he wasn't able to get to the QB.
    "Chin up, chest out."

I like Urban.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Zach Brown being considered an average starter is laughable considering he is comparable to Mosley in terms of talent level
    ummmm.... no on three counts.

1) Urban is the guy considered an average starter
    2) Considering Brown an average starter is pessimistic but not laughable
    3) Mosley has more talent

ummmm.... no on three counts.

1) Urban is the guy considered an average starter
    2) Considering Brown an average starter is pessimistic but not laughable
    3) Mosley has more talent
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl...ach-brown/7055

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl...cj-mosley/8652