Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Dear Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ok. Well this has gone straight where I’d hoped it wouldn’t.
    Yes this letter/audio is by a dude who’s a bit of a Narcissist. That same guy has been a fan/reporter for Baltimore Sports for years. He’s also from my hometown. That’s not what this post was for. I posted this for those fans who like /respect Joe Flacco. This letter sings his praises.
    But as I expected posters here are so embedded with their hate of Joe that they had to post here also. 100 other posts and they gotta shit here. Ok. Whatever.

Fact of the matter is this. Joe Flacco is and will be for the foreseeable future , the third best QB in Baltimore football history. IMHO it’s : 1. Johnny Unitas
    2. Bert Jones
    3. Joe Flacco.
    This wasn’t a comparison thread of Joe vs Lamar. I didn’t mention Lamar.

That said I’ll make a request to any and all MODS to lock this thread before it spirals all the way down the toilet.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp
    Not shocked that you'd post a nestor blog here. Your one of his 5 fans - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by teagues View Post
    Not shocked that you'd post a nestor blog here. Your one of his 5 fans - congrats!
    Guess I could be like everyone else and eat the horseshit the FAN feeds us. I mean with such talented people like Vinny and Coleman ...why go anywhere else? Keep your head down and Believe Hon!

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

I didn't listen to Nestor back when I lived in Baltimore. Any respect I had for him was lost after the urinating on Irsay's grave incident before the Ravens playoff game in Indy.

I did enjoy reading this piece about Flacco however. Unlike any of the Flacco threads you read here that are uninformed and full of speculation, Nestor knew him on a personal level. I definitely was left with a new found appreciation for Flacco's character after reading this, and I think that was kind of the point. Behind whatever you think about Flacco as a QB, there was also Flacco the person that not many knew.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You sound like a child with this reply. Reminds me of the older sibling hating the younger sibling because their parents realized their mistake with the first kid and tried to do better for the second. Grow up bruh or go root for Denver.
    Great analogy. I think the idea that the Ravens didn't build around Joe is over blown any way. They tried to build around him, they just were not very good at it. Being bad at evaluating offensive talent and neglecting it are 2 different things. The other thing about LJ is he has a skill set that needs players with certain skill sets around hin.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Fact of the matter is this. Joe Flacco is and will be for the foreseeable future , the third best QB in Baltimore football history. IMHO it’s : 1. Johnny Unitas
    2. Bert Jones
    3. Joe Flacco.
    This wasn’t a comparison thread of Joe vs Lamar. I didn’t mention Lamar.
    Bert Jones vs Joe Flacco (instead of Lamar vs. Flacco) is an interesting debate to me. On the one hand, Bert Jones at his best was league MVP - something Flacco never even approached. Jones had one of the best QB arms in history (Joe's *elite* arm notwithstanding). On the other hand, Flacco at his best in the playoffs did what Jones never approached (10-5, 25 TD/10 INT vs 0-3, 1 TD/2 INT) - and that was capped by one of the best single season playoff performances in NFL history.

The tipping point for me is longevity. Flacco peformed somewhere near his average level for 10.5 years, whereas Jones really struggled in that department. He was useful for three seasons (1976-78), and played OK after his injury in 80-81 (41 interceptions those two seasons hurts). Taken in its entirety, Flacco has had the better career.

So for Baltimore fans it really comes down to the single magical season: Bert Jones 1976 vs.. Flacco 2012. Or if you want, Bert Jones regular season '75-'77 vs Flacco post season '11-'14.

I'm going to go with 1) Unitas, 2) Flacco, 3) Jones. But that's just me.

Blog Entries

sigh
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.