Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Who Is the Defensive Breakout Player in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont agree with this. First, he's heavier than Peanut is and Peanut played damn near every down last year at ILB.
    He’s heavier than peanut? I didn’t know that. He looks like a safety out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He’s heavier than peanut? I didn’t know that. He looks like a safety out there.
    Yup!

He's definitely not a big guy, but he's in that 6'1" 230-240lb range. Peanut is 6' and listed at 228lbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Tavon Young

There is a reason they signed Tavon to a $25.8 million extension with $13 million guaranteed. The slot corner will be the biggest beneficiary from the addition of Earl Thomas. Tavon Young last year had 355 snaps in the slot and just 9 on the outside. With the coverage skills of Thomas you'll see Young match up against those Edelman type receivers and the teams throwing the bigger Fitzgerald guys into the slot. He's even going to play against the receiving Tight Ends who line up at WR as much as they do at TE. Young is going to have a big year and justify that massive contract.
    agreed. I think him and Humphrey are going to be huge this year
    Burn it down

It will be an interesting year. The defense could take a step back OR Tim Williams was looking good before injuries, Henry showed real promise in 2017, K. Young can look impressive at times... If our secondary does what we hope... it could all be special.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    It will be an interesting year. The defense could take a step back OR Tim Williams was looking good before injuries, Henry showed real promise in 2017, K. Young can look impressive at times... If our secondary does what we hope... it could all be special.
    Yep. The defense definitely has holes. But we also have high upside potential internal solutions at each of those holes.

Please Tim Williams

I think (strongly hoping atleast) Marlon is gonna establish himself as a top 5 shutdown corner this year. Kenny Young i think is a strong candidate as well though.

Wishful thinking pick: Tyus and/or Williams

I would put my money on Kenny Young. We finally seem to have some speed at the LB position. Its been a while since we could say that.

Marlon Has already made an impact. So I can necessarily say he would break out even more.

Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser appear to be just two more wasted Linebacker early draft picks. Hated both the picks the moment they were made.

Bowser looks slow and Stiff. Williams does not appear to have much technique when it comes to rushing the QB. Speed will only get him so far.

I think it'll be Thomas. He'll be a playmaker centerfielder who can roam free, and take chances since we have such good corners.

We should do an offensive breakout player thread, too. Although it could go downhill really quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I think it'll be Thomas. He'll be a playmaker centerfielder who can roam free, and take chances since we have such good corners.

We should do an offensive breakout player thread, too. Although it could go downhill really quickly...
    I don’t know that Earl Thomas exactly counts as a breakout. I think breakout, to me, says a player that hasn’t been super impactful finally putting it together

breakout
    adjective

Definition of breakout (Entry 2 of 3)

: being or relating to a sudden or smashing success especially in comparison to previous efforts
    "a breakout book"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

breakout
    adjective

Definition of breakout (Entry 2 of 3)

: being or relating to a sudden or smashing success especially in comparison to previous efforts

"a breakout book"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk