Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Wall Stree Journal report says Kaepernick's grievance was settled for less than $10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    he should have played for the $7million Denver offered him
    Getting it twisted. That offer wasn't on the table after Kaep left the 49ers. It was earlier.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/nfl...collusion-case
    Kaepernick was still on San Francisco’s roster when he declined Elway’s offer. The 49ers were willing to trade him to the Broncos, but Denver wanted to rework his contract before finalizing a deal. The team reportedly asked Kaepernick to take a pay cut that would drop his annual salary down to around $7 million. He declined the offer and remained on the 49ers, who paid him $12 million that season. It’s safe to say anyone in his position would have made the same decision.
    And now, as a result of Elways answer, we’re getting “Kaepernick turned down a contract from the Broncos” headlines which just arms the anti-Kaepernick crowd with more excuses for why he’s not on an NFL roster…
    The Broncos’ offer has absolutely no bearing on the Kaepernick’s collusion case as it predates the allegations. It’s odd that Elway would even bring up the deposition. It’s even more odd that Elway referenced negotiations that took place two years ago (and conveniently left out that context) when answering a question about the current state of the team. Unless, of course, Elway had ulterior motives.
    https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1030165806175277056
    For full context this is why the Kaepernick to Broncos deal didn't take place. Broncos didn't offer a contract, a contract was already in place and they didn't want to pay it. That is on Broncos-49ers not Kap at all. Elway is being deceiving

Re: Wall Stree Journal report says Kaepernick's grievance was settled for less than $10 million.

Nice post shas

Blog Entries

If the league simply wanted this to go away, they could have settled this much earlier than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Getting it twisted. That offer wasn't on the table after Kaep left the 49ers. It was earlier.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/nfl...collusion-case

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1030165806175277056

Couple of years later Miami does it for more $$$

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If the league simply wanted this to go away, they could have settled this much earlier than they did.
    The Genie was already out of the bottle. As usual, the NFL missed its chance to manage the actual situation with CK, and were left in damage control mode. Rather than taking on the issue head on (I could write eight paragraphs on how they could have, but will spare everyone), they instead chose to try and bury the issue and hope it would go away. When their method of "burying" required collusion, which invited the grievance, it was too late.

I just don't see a period of time in between where a settlement would have lessened the controversy and embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Not if figure is accurate. If they could have proved collusion they never would have settled. It goes against everything they believe in. IF the players could prove collusion it would have been a huge settlement and I doubt they would have agreed to a gag order. If the report is not accurate players could leak a story saying that the report is not accurate and that it was significantly higher. 10m is chump change to a starting QB and starting safety in the prime of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    10m is chump change to a starting QB and starting safety in the prime of their careers.
    Kaep's not in "the prime" of his career. He turns 32 during this upcoming season, and he hasn't take a snap or been in a training camp in two full seasons.

Not if figure is accurate. If they could have proved collusion they never would have settled. It goes against everything they believe in.
    If you say so. The NFL usually doesn't settle lawsuits they think they can win, so I don't know where that leaves us.

Blog Entries

When is the last time the NFL settled a lawsuit they felt they could win?

Blog Entries

If Kapernick really had proof of collusion, why settle?

Kaep's not in "the prime" of his career. He turns 32 during this upcoming season, and he hasn't take a snap or been in a training camp in two full seasons.

If you say so. The NFL usually doesn't settle lawsuits they think they can win, so I don't know where that leaves us.
    Kaepernick would have been 30 when he could not get a job. If that is not prime of a QBs career I don’t know what is. Maybe you are confusing the QB position with RB position. 8 of the top 10 QBs last year will be the same age as Kappy when he last played.

The average annual contract for a QBs not on a rookie contract is 25m. But hey that 10m for three years of lost earnings will really show the NFL. Last time I checked the NFL settled the concussion lawsuit. But hey you can think NFL throwing peanuts at Kappy to go away and be quiet is a win. For Kappy. LMAO. He can go off into obscurity now.

Kaepernick would have been 30 when he could not get a job. If that is not prime of a QBs career I don’t know what is.
    Then let me help you. The top-25 QBs in career value, when you total their seasons, their peak year was at age 27, with age 28 very close behind.

Brady and Brees may blow that curve out now; I'll have to redo the study. But I'd be surprised if a couple outliers really changed the curve significantly.

Then let me help you. The top-25 QBs in career value, when you total their seasons, their peak year was at age 27, with age 28 very close behind.

Brady and Brees may blow that curve out now; I'll have to redo the study. But I'd be surprised if a couple outliers really changed the curve significantly.
    please redo study. tanks