Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs Interview with Skip and Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are you gonna give Flacco up already? He's gone, if you want to support Flacco go root for the Denver Broncos
    I have, but Im not going to let people that didnt even watch him play, pretend like Ray lewis was a demi god at the end of his career. He was washed up and we were worse with him out there.

So when people try to claim "ya well flacco only played well because of ray lewis " which is objectively false, Im going to state the painful truth. Ray sucked his last year
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Ray lewis was a shell during the superbowl run and was arguably the biggest weakness on our defense when Flacco aided by a miracle literally dragged ray's carcass across the finish line... funny how fans forget
    I didn't! Flacco was golden during that historic playoff run. I also firmly believe that if the Ravens had gotten to/won the 2011 Super Bowl (we were one TD catch away), Ray Lewis would have retired. He stayed for one more go-round and it was a perfect way for our HOF ILB to exit... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Stats inflated by playing the historically bad NFC South.
    Kind of like Lamar's stats against the historically bad bottom 5 defenses in his 7 games last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I have, but Im not going to let people that didnt even watch him play, pretend like Ray lewis was a demi god at the end of his career. He was washed up and we were worse with him out there.

So when people try to claim "ya well flacco only played well because of ray lewis " which is objectively false, Im going to state the painful truth. Ray sucked his last year
    No one is suggesting Ray Lewis played well in the superbowl on this board. He arguably had good games vs the Colts and the Broncos though.

Also this is a guy who had an absolute milestone career compared to what Joe will end up having. Let's also not forget the amount of games a good Ray Lewis and his defense bailed Joe out of between 2008 and 2011. I suppose Joe owed him a few games tbf.

Can't believe there is actually a cult for a guy who was arguably just above average through out his rookie contract, then flopped massively after he signed that mega deal that was part of what crippled the franchise for a long time (it was mostly Ozzie and Harbs fault, but stil). I Can only imagine the cult thats going to exist for Lamar if he reaches Joes level or even exceeds it. It's going to be unbearable yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Kind of like Lamar's stats against the historically bad bottom 5 defenses in his 7 games last year.
    How the hell did this thread turn into Lamar v Flacco in less than one page.

This is ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Can't believe there is actually a cult for a guy who was arguably just above average through out his rookie contract, then flopped massively after he signed that mega deal that was part of what crippled the franchise for a long time (it was mostly Ozzie and Harbs fault, but stil).
    I really don't like getting into these debates anymore (especially in threads that aren't about this topic specifically) but I have to comment on this. I see this here and there and I still don't understand what people don't get or why it's so hard to believe that the first decent QB we've had for this franchise has as so many supporters in the fan base. Having sat through the first 12 years of this franchise and the parade of QBs we went through, is it really that hard to understand why a portion of this fan base continues to have a soft spot for Joe? Like I understand not feeling that way yourself, but I don't understand not getting why some people do feel that way.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

This is such revisionist history. During Flacco's entire rookie contract he was thought of as the up and coming QB in the league.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

No one is suggesting Ray Lewis played well in the superbowl on this board. He arguably had good games vs the Colts and the Broncos though.

Also this is a guy who had an absolute milestone career compared to what Joe will end up having. Let's also not forget the amount of games a good Ray Lewis and his defense bailed Joe out of between 2008 and 2011. I suppose Joe owed him a few games tbf.

Can't believe there is actually a cult for a guy who was arguably just above average through out his rookie contract, then flopped massively after he signed that mega deal that was part of what crippled the franchise for a long time (it was mostly Ozzie and Harbs fault, but stil). I Can only imagine the cult thats going to exist for Lamar if he reaches Joes level or even exceeds it. It's going to be unbearable yet again.
    1) Cant believe there are people who still refuse to see that Flacco willed us to our second superbowl and literally went on to have 1 of the top 2 playoff performances of all time, yet still claim "hurr durr, flacco always sucked and we only won because of ray..... Its literally an idiotic take or a take from someone who didnt actually watch that season.

thats the whole point. Ray is still a HOF without flacco, but he and our franchise get no where close to that second superbowl without flacco.

In fact, we get no where in the playoffs during flaccos run without him. He was literally better than brady up till that point in the playoffs, was 2 dropped passes away from a 3 time superbowl appearance...but yes .... he sucked the entire time he was a raven.

The flacco sucked, we only won because of ray lewis take is the worst take in Baltimore sports history

2) You're far to intelligent to even mention the flacco contract as a barrier to what happend post superbowl. His play declined thats obvious, but his contract had no baring on our franchise, its a false narrative. Every QB that signed around or after signed for more. The Front office just started to suck at drafting and signed a bunch of bad contracts for old players who were done.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I really don't like getting into these debates anymore (especially in threads that aren't about this topic specifically) but I have to comment on this. I see this here and there and I still don't understand what people don't get or why it's so hard to believe that the first decent QB we've had for this franchise has as so many supporters in the fan base. Having sat through the first 12 years of this franchise and the parade of QBs we went through, is it really that hard to understand why a portion of this fan base continues to have a soft spot for Joe? Like I understand not feeling that way yourself, but I don't understand not getting why some people do feel that way.
    This. All day. And every day. Well stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    How the hell did this thread turn into Lamar v Flacco in less than one page.

This is ridiculous.
    ray lewis boot lickers
    Burn it down

11. Re: Suggs Interview with Skip and Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    While you're mostly right...2014 says hello!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Hey there, 2014!! 2018 and 2019 says hi right back atcha!! Thanks for the memories!!

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Kind of. Except:

• Lamar's opponents were just ordinary bad Ds, not historically bad like the NFC South of '14.
    • No one is using Lamar's stats to say that a certain coach & style of play were better for him than another coach/style.
    • Lamar's opponents represented a great opportunity to get the rookie's feet under him in the league; like a "soft open" for a restaurant.
    • The quip isn't remotely relevant to the thread.

But other than that, sure.