Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: Suggs Interview with Skip and Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think your exaggerating his snap percentage but I agree. LJ makes unbelievable plays and you see a guy that might be the best weapon in the NFL. But there still a lot of plays where you have to worry that the concerns of his critics are legit because he makes some down right shitty plays as well.

The difference is , and this is important, as a 1st and 2nd year player, you expect that from a player because he is still learning the game. Those are not words you should use to describe an 11 year vet. If LJ is able to make it to year 11, like Joe did, then we can make that comparison.
    80/20 is just a commonly found ratio in all aspects of life, sports, employment, etc and seemed to roughly fit.
    We certainly hope he can at least switch to a 20/60/20 ratio with the 60% being much more “average” but I feel We will always have the counterbalance of his hyper athletic, putting the team on his back plays. I dontsee A player that will ever completely rid himself of the fumbles/dumb plays/poor throws etc...

At the end of the day, we will take the good withthe bad and hopefully the balance is a significant positive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I really don't like getting into these debates anymore (especially in threads that aren't about this topic specifically) but I have to comment on this. I see this here and there and I still don't understand what people don't get or why it's so hard to believe that the first decent QB we've had for this franchise has as so many supporters in the fan base. Having sat through the first 12 years of this franchise and the parade of QBs we went through, is it really that hard to understand why a portion of this fan base continues to have a soft spot for Joe? Like I understand not feeling that way yourself, but I don't understand not getting why some people do feel that way.
    I understand having a soft spot for Joe Flacco, I do not understand the cult following which has lead to some people clearly supporting him over the franchise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I understand having a soft spot for Joe Flacco, I do not understand the cult following which has lead to some people clearly supporting him over the franchise.
    I think what you have to try and understand is that the graveyard of QBs we’ve sat through since Vinny left, was almost a decade long. The best one of the bunch showed up to what became the worst defeat in Ravens history, hungover. After everything that the Indianapolis move meant to the city of Baltimore.

Joe Flacco hasn’t even been a Bronco for a month yet. Feelings are still fresh and feelings are still hurt over it ending, for some, how it ended, for many how it could have been so different with a different organizational approach.

Here in Baltimore, we saw the greatest defense of all-time, where the offense went about five straight games without scoring a touchdown and we still won two of them. Only to then see some of the greatest defenses of the past twenty years, that won’t be remembered in the manner they should, because we couldn’t even muster competent QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Your over exaggerating. Its one poster and he thread the other day got blocked

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think what you have to try and understand is that the graveyard of QBs we’ve sat through since Vinny left, was almost a decade long. The best one of the bunch showed up to what became the worst defeat in Ravens history, hungover. After everything that the Indianapolis move meant to the city of Baltimore.

Joe Flacco hasn’t even been a Bronco for a month yet. Feelings are still fresh and feelings are still hurt over it ending, for some, how it ended, for many how it could have been so different with a different organizational approach.

Here in Baltimore, we saw the greatest defense of all-time, where the offense went about five straight games without scoring a touchdown and we still won two of them. Only to then see some of the greatest defenses of the past twenty years, that won’t be remembered in the manner they should, because we couldn’t even muster competent QB play.
    "I think what you have to try and understand "? WTF are you talking about?? Leach shouldn't be talked-to like he's a stranger who just moved here, and didn't live thru all of this shit same as you. And same as me.

I'm with Leach on this one. I loved Joe. Grateful to him, and for him. Hope he has success in Denver. But I'm glad we replaced him: he was well onto the downslope. Getting an exciting young playmaker with a late-first draft pick is about the best possible succession we could've hoped for. I'm excited for the next few years.

I don't see how liking Lamar = dissing Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    "I think what you have to try and understand "? WTF are you talking about?? Leach shouldn't be talked-to like he's a stranger who just moved here, and didn't live thru all of this shit same as you. And same as me.

I'm with Leach on this one. I loved Joe. Grateful to him, and for him. Hope he has success in Denver. But I'm glad we replaced him: he was well onto the downslope. Getting an exciting young playmaker with a late-first draft pick is about the best possible succession we could've hoped for. I'm excited for the next few years.

I don't see how liking Lamar = dissing Joe.
    That’s a rational thought Jimmy48103. Can’t have that here.

I say that because it seems like if you “like Joe=dissing/hating Lamar”. Not to all but a lot. Some posters go a little more into the Joe “obsession” but most really just appreciate what Joe did here.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Well, if I’m not mistaken, he didn’t. However, I know that he’s a good guy. So, I was just trying to explain it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackums View Post
    This thread is nuts. NUTS!! Terrell Suggs is the franchise leader in sacks. He's HOF player with stats that match up with Lawrence Taylor, the best OLB ever. He's a DPOY, multiple probowler and worthy of his own thread. He's a Superbowl champ who came back from 2, not one but TWO!! achillies tears. Instead of a discussion on a guy who was the 2nd on the team in sacks last year despite his age and wear and tear, and how the team moves on from him, we go back to debate QB's?

Here's the thing too, the 2012 Ravens were one of the 3 greatest TEAMS in franchise history. The other 2 were 2011 and 2006. It wasn't about a historic unit like in 2001, but a historic team. In the 2012 playoffs the Ravens forced atleast 2 turnovers in each game, and a total of 10 in 4 games. Think about that for a second. 10 turnovers in 4 games against playoff teams. Turnovers don't happen in the playoffs unless everybody is doing their job. So to tear down the defense or Ray to elevate Joe Flacco does a disservice to the team. Under the same token, Joe Flacco and the offense converted those turnovers in touchdowns. Joe's playoff run was epic. We have all been Ravens fans long enough to see turnovers amount to field goals (see 2006 playoffs against the Colts). Give Joe his props for that. You can throw shots at 2013-2019 Joe all you want, but 2012 Joe was exactly what we needed him to be. I have my criticisms of Joe, and the Ravens for that matter after the big deal, but 2012 Joe; I got no complaints. Not for nothing, we're not champs in 2012 without the special teams either. Every year 32 fanbases hope for a Superbowl winning team, but somehow we hijack a thread to tear our team down. If you saw 2012 as anything other than an amazing team firing on all cylinders to bring home an improbable trophy (beating both Denver and New England on the road just to get there) then you're missing it. I'd even argue that you're missing the brotherhood that football hardship forges, but that's another topic for another day. Remember that Denver game? Remember Trindon Holiday running 2 punts back for TD's. Do you know how galvanized you have to be as a team to beat that Denver team in Denver after giving up 2 return TD's?

Stop this BS promoting one side of the ball at the expense of the other, and stop hijacking threads to do it. We always cry about the national media and spotlight disrespecting the Ravens. Maybe we need to figure out how to give them the proper respect first.
    Great Post !