Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: WR Cap Casualties / Trades etc

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Geronimo Allison
    Josh Gordon
    Josh Gordon the Patriots put like a 2nd round tender on him and if he comes back they retain his rights. Not exactly sure on the tender pick but it was strange move on their part. I think he gets paid like 2 mill even if he doesn't play. Heard it on Radio week ago

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    How do you say the passing game did not perform since 2013? The Ravens under Trestman, and MM since 2015 were throwing the ball like 70% of the time. Flacco made Mike Wallace look like a WR again. He was still not a very good player. Last year Flacco was on pace for career numbers along with John Brown until he went down.

In 2014 the passing game was efficient.

There is a 20+ year history here of proven in ability to draft and develop the WR position period. Followed closely by QB and then the Center position which is pretty damn important yet no one really talks about it. Look at how little Centers have been drafted by this team in history.

There is a massive lacking ability to scout, draft, and develop the WR position and it was prior to Flacco or Jackson. The best they ever did was Torrey Smith and he has been not much outside of Baltimore and Flacco.
    Ravens under Trestman was a check down offense and it was horrible. Yards and completions went up, but actual offense went down. Flacco broke 4,000 Yates one time I think. Maybe 0.

MM was horrible and predictable his entire tenure.

Im saying even if we did have talent or developed talent, might not have mattered with those coaches and maybe not with flacco either. Hayes to tell where to leave the blame when nothing's working.

It's like the Browns, a qb was never going to fix everything in one draft. We have had equally deep organizational issues with passing game, but I'm not always sure it was larvsl of ability at wideout holding us back. Certainly other teams do more with less and make their guys look better than they are instead of vice versa

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

There aren’t. Unless you want to approach a team with an offer of a first and a third. Just throwing ideas out there, even if unrealistic.

Blog Entries

Marty’s issue before last season was that he was utilizing Wallace and Perriman improperly, because he didn’t have a Crabtree or Snead to fill those roles. I’d say that’s a talent issue. That’s one thing we can point to for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Geronimo Allison - EDIT I believe he signed a 1 year deal
    Josh Gordon
    Yeah I liked Allison a lot. It's a bummer but he'd be an upgrade. Gordon is a no from me, he can't keep it together, unfortunately.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, they had John Brown for chunk plays. There’s no Randy Moss vertical threat out there. Each one of note comes with their own issues.

If they felt they needed a vertical threat they shouldn’t have let Brown go.
    People can assume what ever they want but I think Crabtree asked for his release and I think Brown may have possibly said he did not want to come back wit the QB situation. Just my speculation.

Last year Crabtree stated he always dreamed of playing here. Now he is gone.
    Last year Brown wanted a prove it deal, he proved quite a bit.Now he is gone.

Why would the Ravens not want to retain Brown? He did not have drop issues like Crabtree. He did everything asked, his stats fell off when the QB change did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, they had John Brown for chunk plays. There’s no Randy Moss vertical threat out there. Each one of note comes with their own issues.

If they felt they needed a vertical threat they shouldn’t have let Brown go.
    He only caught 8 out of 30 passes (26.7%) thrown to him by Jackson. No matter who's fault that is, a WR isn't worth $9 million if they only catch 1 out of 4 passes thrown to them.

FWIW, Lamar Jackson had a 65% completion rate to everyone not named John Brown.

Josh Gordon the Patriots put like a 2nd round tender on him and if he comes back they retain his rights. Not exactly sure on the tender pick but it was strange move on their part. I think he gets paid like 2 mill even if he doesn't play. Heard it on Radio week ago
    yeah, I guess it was a 2nd round tender

I was really hoping that DaVante Parker hit the market man...

Blog Entries

I too feel that the pass catchers wanted out. Personally, I don’t think it was due to Lamar so much as it was due to how much they ran the ball. The WRs made a scene on the sidelines out of frustration. They doubled back and said all of the right things, but that frustration doesn't Just go away. My guess is that they weren’t fully convinced that the offense would transition enough for their frustrations to be alleviated.

People can assume what ever they want but I think Crabtree asked for his release and I think Brown may have possibly said he did not want to come back wit the QB situation. Just my speculation.

Last year Crabtree stated he always dreamed of playing here. Now he is gone.
    Last year Brown wanted a prove it deal, he proved quite a bit.Now he is gone.

Why would the Ravens not want to retain Brown? He did not have drop issues like Crabtree. He did everything asked, his stats fell off when the QB change did.
    I’d agree about Brown if he didn’t go to a similar unproven QB situation in Buffalo. I liked him a lot but he definitely seemed to check out that 2nd half of the year and had quite a few drops down the stretch. That was even said to be an issue back in Arizona, the checking out from time to time thing.

With Crabtree it’s basically would you rather not play football at all or play with us. Cus with the type of season he put together last year he’s really in no position to decide his own fate. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t get picked up at all this offseason.

Here's a name I haven't heard brought up: Marcell Ateman. He's an ERFA.

I know we're scraping the bottom of the barrell, but that's sort of the point of the thread.