Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: WR Cap Casualties / Trades etc

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Don't the Seahawks have close to $20 million in cap space? I doubt they get rid of such a reliable receiver that Wilson has great chemistry with. That said, he'd be a perfect fit for the Ravens. He doesn't drop passes.
    You are correct. They most likely would not do that. Not many teams outside of a player forcing his way out (Antonio Brown) , or unknown reason (OBJ trade) do teams trade or release their best skill position player like Baldwin in Seattle. The Ravens did it back in 2013 but most teams do not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Well we wouldn’t be inheriting his current contract lol
    Yeah I feel like if he gets cut at his age with his injury history we wouldn't have to break the bank
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

The free agency route is non existent. Will need to draft a few

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by temp19 View Post
    Because of his knees and a large contract. I’m just getting that feeling.
    I'd be very interested if that happened. I know Baldwin was banged up last year but if he ends up on the street you have to look based on his history

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Every time you argue against points I'm not making I'm just going to say try again. I never said our WR corps (and it's corps not core) was good, in fact I said it was our biggest need. I never said we should bring in Jordy (I actually said the exact opposite). I never said we should trade for Julio Jones or Stefon Diggs. So...

Try again.
    Lol

So every time you hear the blatant and honest truth you will say (try again)? Then the following day create a thread which makes my point even more valid? Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The free agency route is non existent. Will need to draft a few
    I mean, there are options. Wideouts WILL get cut. The Browns traded for OBJ, a move few thought would've been possible, and that makes me think we should be inquiring about guys we think we may be able to trade for. We definitely need to draft multiple guys at the position, but there might be other options as well. I never would've guessed we'd match an original round tender on Willie Snead, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Lol

So every time you hear the blatant and honest truth you will say (try again)? Then the following day create a thread which makes my point even more valid? Gotcha!
    Try again

Yeah I feel like if he gets cut at his age with his injury history we wouldn't have to break the bank
    Why would the Ravens be making an intelligent move to sign a player who gets released due to recent injury history that another team subsequently cuts?

Up until 2018 season, the Ravens were averaging 22 players on IR for like three- four years straight. If anything they should shy away from any player with a constant injury history

I wouldn't say he has an injury history. He had knee issues this year, but before that he hadn't missed a game since 2012. He's solid.

A lot of the stuff I’ve said to argue against Jordy could be said about Baldwin to a degree, but he’s three years younger, closer to his peak, and (this is admittedly entirely subjective and small sample size etc) looked like he had a lot more juice left last year from what I saw of him compared to what I saw of Jordy. And he has that Steve Smith Sr dog in him.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Why would the Ravens be making an intelligent move to sign a player who gets released due to recent injury history that another team subsequently cuts?

Up until 2018 season, the Ravens were averaging 22 players on IR for like three- four years straight. If anything they should shy away from any player with a constant injury history
    Look, when your WR room is as bad as ours is, when a player of Baldwin's calibre hits the market you act. It sucks to have injury history, but you gotta sacrifice something, you can't bring in the perfect player at this stage in FA. If Baldwin gets cut we need to be all over him.

Does anyone have a low tender on them like Snead did?