Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Athletic: finding homes for top-10 remaining free agents.

Story on the Athletic predicted these homes for what they are calling the ten best remaining free agents. (Removed commentary for all but #10 -- which actually appears as their #1 remaining free agent.)

1. Ezekiel Ansah (DE): Indianapolis Colts
    2. Ndamukong Suh (DT): Los Angeles Chargers
    3. Jared Cook (TE): New Orleans Saints
    4. Bruce Irvin (OLB/DE): San Francisco 49ers
    5. Tre Boston (FS): Cleveland Browns
    6. Clay Matthews (OLB): Los Angeles Rams
    7. Zach Brown (LB): Cincinnati Bengals
    8. Jamie Collins (OLB): Detroit Lions
    9. Morris Claiborne (CB): Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    10. Justin Houston (OLB/DE): Baltimore Ravens
    As The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec explained, pass rush remains the Ravens’ top priority. Terrell Suggs and Za’Darius Smith combined for 15.5 sacks and 40 quarterback hits last season. Suggs is now in Arizona, and Smith signed with the Packers. Houston has 18.5 sacks the last two years, which ranks 19th league-wide. His 24 tackles for loss since the start of 2017 also rank tied for 19th. Houston is a well-rounded edge rusher who would fit well in the Ravens’ scheme. Baltimore made a splash last week by adding free safety Earl Thomas and could fortify its front seven by signing Houston.

Re: Athletic: finding homes for top-10 remaining free agents.

We were close last week. Hopefully we can get it done.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Do eet

This isn’t even a maybe. Should be done already. I mean what are we gonna do ...wait and grab some “never was” Wr after the draft? We have $$ spend it on proven playmakers.
    If we went to the draft with ET AND Houston ...EDC won the FA period. Those two are bigger upgrades over who left IMHO.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

I don't know, I was talking to my roommate and I don't think it's unreasonable that Houston gets $12-$15M a year. I think he might be out of our price range.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    This isn’t even a maybe. Should be done already. I mean what are we gonna do ...wait and grab some “never was” Wr after the draft?
    Thats exactly what they will do lol
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I don't know, I was talking to my roommate and I don't think it's unreasonable that Houston gets $12-$15M a year. I think he might be out of our price range.
    The Ravens have the space even after the Thomas deal. Ingram they got with little impact.

do eet

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The Ravens have the space even after the Thomas deal. Ingram they got with little impact.

do eet
    I know we have the space, I'm just saying I don't know that he's worth that kind of money.

Blog Entries

I did see where Jeff said on Twitter in response to someone (I think Chibs) last night that "they know they badly need 1 if not 2 pass rushers" and went on to say it's his opinion that Williams and Bowser are essentially bubble players heading into the 2019 camp.

Sounds dire, they really need to get Houston locked up. Not the singular answer to the pass rush problem but at least they would then have one guy they can more or less reliably count on as a rusher.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I know we have the space, I'm just saying I don't know that he's worth that kind of money.
    We all know that AAV is only a fraction of a contract's true value. I guess we'll have to see right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I did see where Jeff said on Twitter in response to someone (I think Chibs) last night that "they know they badly need 1 if not 2 pass rushers" and went on to say it's his opinion that Williams and Bowser are essentially bubble players heading into the 2019 camp.

Sounds dire, they really need to get Houston locked up. Not the singular answer to the pass rush problem but at least they would then have one guy they can more or less reliably count on as a rusher.
    I don't know how they can say Williams and Bowser are bubble players when they haven't gotten a shot yet.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't know how they can say Williams and Bowser are bubble players when they haven't gotten a shot yet.
    I think they mean they're going to have to show something in camp. Their roster spot isn't guarunteed. They haven't gotten a shot, presumably, because they haven't shown enough in practice/camp.