Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Where does the Ravens WR corps stack up?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Most likely not year 1. Every now and then you get a rookie WR who produces but it’s not that common. If they are relying on rookies then they’re in big trouble. Hopefully we see a big year 2 from last years rookies though it is tough to see how that’s going to happen
    I think week 10 as GWNR is pretty reasonable to start hoping for contribution. All the top rookies were balling out by the end of the year (Ridley balled out all year but obviously it’s different when you’re in an offense like that) including Courtland Sutton in a run first offense with an aggressively mediocre QB and no one to absorb coverage with Sanders out, and Moore with Cam’s shoulder completely shot and something called Kyle Allen starting at QB the last few games. Moore is a beast but I think Sutton is a pretty reasonable comp for a lot of the top Xs this year.

Blog Entries

Here is the list of receivers by catches. You only have 4 rookie receivers that I saw in the top 100. Sutton who you mentioned was #91 with 42 catches and only a 50% catch rate. Crabtree who we all hated was #66 by comparison. Hard to count on rookies.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm

Here is the list of receivers by catches. You only have 4 rookie receivers that I saw in the top 100. Sutton who you mentioned was #91 with 42 catches and only a 50% catch rate. Crabtree who we all hated was #66 by comparison. Hard to count on rookies.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm
    Well yeah that’s a list of the entire season and GWNR and I are talking about them coming on by season’s end.

Sutton also isn’t a high volume guy at this stage he’s a high y/r guy... but in the first 7 games Sutton put up 17/246 (2.4/35.1 per game) and over his last 9 put up 25/458 (2.8/50.1 per game). Watching them, he looked a lot more comfortable as the season went on and his yardage per game went up ~40% over the latter half of the year.

Moore was also slow out the gate before breaking out week 7 (against us, lol) and flying high the rest of the way

Blog Entries

I just think we need 1 proven guy to go along with Snead, Moore and some rookies.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Where does the Ravens WR corps stack up?

I just think we need 1 proven guy to go along with Snead, Moore and some rookies.
    Question : When Ozzie drafted Jaleel Scott (4th round) and Jordan Lasley (5th round) in 2018, Joe Flacco was the starting QB. Do you, or anyone else, think both or either can become productive with LJ? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question : When Ozzie drafted Jaleel Scott (4th round) and Jordan Lasley (5th round) in 2018, Joe Flacco was the starting QB. Do you, or anyone else, think both or either can become productive with LJ? ... Bc
    Ive said all this before and I’m sure people are sick of reading my takes on these guys but I like talking about them so I’ll do it again 😂

I think either could have become productive with Joe, honestly, and I think both still have a shot, to varying degrees. Lasley, imo, will play and produce next year. He has electric quickness and smooth athleticism... he’ll be able to get open all over the field. It’s just a matter of whether his drops outweigh his production that will determine whether he puts up like 400 empty yards and washes out of the league, or parlays this opportunity into a legitimate NFL career. The best comps to me are Antonio Calloway (who is a good comparison beyond just playing style... both were day two prospects who fell to the fifth over “character concerns”) and Nelson Agholor.

Scott has legit number one WR ceiling (his profile coming out was VERY similar to Brandon Marshall in terms of both his college career and physical traits, as I’ve said before) but has a “zero career catches in the NFL” floor. And the fact that his redshirt year was spent on IR rather than as a gameday inactive means he missed out on what could wind up being imperative development time practicing and studying with the team. Raw as he is that was a big blow to his chances.

In terms of fit, which i see now was your actual question (lol reading comprehension is hard for me sometimes) both are still the profiles I’m looking for at the X (huge catch radius to help Lamar’s accuracy issues outside the numbers) and Y (quickness to all three levels and ability to be a YAC threat). Traits only go so far and like I said Scott in particular has a WAYS to go to ever be an NFL player at this point but IF they do both hit they profile pretty much exactly the way I want our WR corps to look around Lamar.
    Last edited by NjRavensFan; 03-17-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Blog Entries

I think if you factor in Andrews and Hurst, it's not as bad...but we're still pretty devoid of talent at WR.

Chris Moore
    Willie Snead
    Jordan Lasley
    Jaleel Scott
    Quincy Adeboyjo

Wow. That's ugly.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think if you factor in Andrews and Hurst, it's not as bad...but we're still pretty devoid of talent at WR.

Chris Moore
    Willie Snead
    Jordan Lasley
    Jaleel Scott
    Quincy Adeboyjo

Wow. That's ugly.
    Why can't the Ravens line up either Andrews or Hurst as a WR? Both of them have decent speed, good size and would present a mismatch for most CBs. Let's face it, neither of them are great blockers anyway, so we won't miss them inside, we have Boyle for that, but they both have good hands. We will still need a deep threat WR to keep teams from crowding the box, but on occasion, either TE can get down the field if LJ has enough time to throw it long, and can successfully throw it long. The Ravens need to have their best players on the field and those 2 guys, I hope, will turn out to be some of their best play makers.

Receivers? Receivers? We don't need no stinkin' receivers - we got no quarterback - we got Lamar!

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Why can't the Ravens line up either Andrews or Hurst as a WR? Both of them have decent speed, good size and would present a mismatch for most CBs. Let's face it, neither of them are great blockers anyway, so we won't miss them inside, we have Boyle for that, but they both have good hands. We will still need a deep threat WR to keep teams from crowding the box, but on occasion, either TE can get down the field if LJ has enough time to throw it long, and can successfully throw it long. The Ravens need to have their best players on the field and those 2 guys, I hope, will turn out to be some of their best play makers.
    I think we’ll see Andrews out wide a lot, and Hurst lined up everywhere (in line, split out, and in the backfield). They’re both really versatile athletes, and keeping Boyle really allows us to capitalize on that versatility. I imagine Roman is really excited about the possibilities (he’s a very creative dude).

We still need actual boundary WRs at some point tho.

11. Re: Where does the Ravens WR corps stack up?

Agreed. A proven vet, a higher draft pick and the guys we have. I mean, they were drafted/signed to play NFL football. If they can't play, perhaps they're blown draft choices and we need to find some new/better ones. This isn't the minor leagues. Step up.

12. Re: Where does the Ravens WR corps stack up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Receivers? Receivers? We don't need no stinkin' receivers - we got no quarterback - we got Lamar!
    I thought you were leaving to go root for your ManCrush Flacco? Separation anxiety?