Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Browns open up as the favorites in the AFC North now

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think that comment is way off.

As much as I enjoy laughing at the Browns. Have so for two decades now they actually have a legit roster, legit QB, and legit GM for first time maybe in 30+ years or longer for that Franchise.

Mayfield is going to give this division fits for years. He is one of the best young QB prospects in the league. They have the best looking offense, from QB, WR, RB grouping in the division. They have a really good DL, possibly the best in the division.

I would trade a hell of lot of players for who they have on roster.

Their coach is complete unknown but with Mayfield that team is going to be competitive no matter how much people want to laugh about it.
    It takes multiple years of being complete dogshit and having multiple #1 picks to get the team that they have. You complain about the direction of the ravens but in the next post envy the way the browns have run their organization?? Why, because they’ve sucked so long that they’ve lucked into some great players? They literally had to go 0-16 to get baker lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    It takes multiple years of being complete dogshit and having multiple #1 picks to get the team that they have. You complain about the direction of the ravens but in the next post envy the way the browns have run their organization?? Why, because they’ve sucked so long that they’ve lucked into some great players? They literally had to go 0-16 to get baker lol
    Where did I say I envy the Browns. I told another poster who called them paper Champs that they are just off base with that claim and its the truth because they are.

They were paper champs when year after year of early picks on the wrong players meant nothing. They are no longer that. They have a legit QB, probably the best in this division right now, I say that because Mayfield is younger than Rothlisberger. Mayfield is legit. I saw it before he was drafted. He was by far the only QB I liked last year besides Mason Rudolph and he might never be anything who knows?

But the Browns have one hell of a roster. They are better at QB, WR, RB, than anything the Ravens have. Possibly better than anything the Steelers have.

Their DL is also really good, better than anything the Ravens have and definitely better than the Steelers.

They are a few pieces away from having one of the best rosters in football. The only question is their coach.

So what they went 0-16. Last year, Mayfield was rarely talked about going #1 over all. He was most of the time ranked #4 right in front of Jackson at Ranked #5 on the QB rankings. Last year all the talk was Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen as the two best QBS.

The Browns GM played everyone, up until just before the draft there was almost no discussion of Mayfield going #1 overall.

LMAO the Browns NEVER have won the AFC North. They're coming off a 7-9-1 season. Meanwhile the Ravens just won the AFC North with a record of 10-6. We still have a pretty big leg up on them right now. If the Ravens went 7-9-1, everyone would be pissed (partly because it would be Harbs' first losing season outside of the Flacco injury).
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Where did I say I envy the Browns. I told another poster who called them paper Champs that they are just off base with that claim and its the truth because they are.

They were paper champs when year after year of early picks on the wrong players meant nothing. They are no longer that. They have a legit QB, probably the best in this division right now, I say that because Mayfield is younger than Rothlisberger. Mayfield is legit. I saw it before he was drafted. He was by far the only QB I liked last year besides Mason Rudolph and he might never be anything who knows?

But the Browns have one hell of a roster. They are better at QB, WR, RB, than anything the Ravens have. Possibly better than anything the Steelers have.

Their DL is also really good, better than anything the Ravens have and definitely better than the Steelers.

They are a few pieces away from having one of the best rosters in football. The only question is their coach.

So what they went 0-16. Last year, Mayfield was rarely talked about going #1 over all. He was most of the time ranked #4 right in front of Jackson at Ranked #5 on the QB rankings. Last year all the talk was Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen as the two best QBS.

The Browns GM played everyone, up until just before the draft there was almost no discussion of Mayfield going #1 overall.
    They're still paper champs. They're only champs on paper. They haven't actually won anything. The current champs of the AFC North are actually uuum THE BALTIMORE RAVENS

Uhhh, who had mayfield ranked 4? Not me or basically anybody on this board. We were calling him BakerHOF before the draft and before you started posting here.

They have a stacked team ON PAPER. It’s just ironic how being stacked on paper is more important to you than actually winning the division. Nothing the ravens are doing makes you happy(truthfully you just don’t like Lamar Jackson) but here you are talking about the browns in such high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    LMAO the Browns NEVER have won the AFC North. They're coming off a 7-9-1 season. Meanwhile the Ravens just won the AFC North with a record of 10-6. We still have a pretty big leg up on them right now. If the Ravens went 7-9-1, everyone would be pissed (partly because it would be Harbs' first losing season outside of the Flacco injury).
    But But But, we lucked into the division title. All of the wins we got with Lamar were lucky, he can’t throw at all. Our defense is shit now because we panicked and signed Earl Thomas. If only we were more like the browns I’d like the direction of the team more. Harbaugh sucks but Freddie Kitchens who’s never been a HC is the shit!!

But But But, we lucked into the division title. All of the wins we got with Lamar were lucky, he can’t throw at all. Our defense is shit now because we panicked and signed Earl Thomas. If only we were more like the browns I’d like the direction of the team more. Harbaugh’s sucks but Freddie Kitchens who’s never been a HC is the shit!!
    I swear man people aren't living in REALITY. In reality, we got 10 wins and went to the playoffs. In reality, Lamar Jackson had much better stats than a lot of really good QBs did in their rookie year. I'm sick of the oh but but buts. Why do you enjoy football if you can't appreciate it and get excited when we actually WIN our division?

Uhhh, who had mayfield ranked 4? Not me or basically anybody on this board. We were calling him BakerHOF before the draft and before you started posting here.

They have a stacked team ON PAPER. It’s just ironic how being stacked on paper is more important to you than actually winning the division. Nothing the ravens are doing makes you happy(truthfully you just don’t like Lamar Jackson) but here you are talking about the browns in such high regard.
    No unlike you I just do not have a problem seeing faults.

Jackson in comparison to Mayfield is a joke. One is a legit QB, the other is questionable about even being able to compete at this level as a QB.

I follow the draft very closely for 20 years. Last year There was not much talk about Mayfield #1. It was mostly Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold as the two best and then it was toss up (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson) who and where the rest were ranked and that was most places not just this board.

I do not like Jackson. You are not wrong there. Hated the pick. I personally hope I am completely wrong and he is the next great QB but I do not see it. I would absolutely love to be wrong.

So if Jackson fails will that change your view on how the front office views talent or will you just chalk that up to something else and continue to not see anything wrong with their approach? You seem to not like my opinion or criticism of certain moves they have made.

No unlike you I just do not have a problem seeing faults.

Jackson in comparison to Mayfield is a joke. One is a legit QB, the other is questionable about even being able to compete at this level as a QB.

I follow the draft very closely for 20 years. Last year There was not much talk about Mayfield #1. It was mostly Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold as the two best and then it was toss up (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson) who and where the rest were ranked and that was most places not just this board.

I do not like Jackson. You are not wrong there. Hated the pick. I personally hope I am completely wrong and he is the next great QB but I do not see it. I would absolutely love to be wrong.

So if Jackson fails will that change your view on how the front office views talent or will you just chalk that up to something else and continue to not see anything wrong with their approach? You seem to not like my opinion or criticism of certain moves they have made.
    Yes Mayfield is better than Jackson. Literally EVERYBODY here has said that before and after the draft. But what you fail to realize is that Mayfield was the #1 pick! While Lamar was a project at 32. If Lamar fails, which he may, I’ll chalk it up to a project that didn’t work out because he was the last pick of the first round. So far, he’s exceed any reasonable fans expectations. If he was a top 10 pick then I’d look at it differently, as should you.

Honestly, it just seems like you didn’t like the Jackson pick/trading Flacco so you’re hating on every move the FO is making.

Yes Mayfield is better than Jackson. Literally EVERYBODY here has said that before and after the draft. But what you fail to realize is that Mayfield was the #1 pick! While Lamar was a project at 32. If Lamar fails, which he may, I’ll chalk it up to a project that didn’t work out because he was the last pick of the first round. So far, he’s exceed any reasonable fans expectations. If he was a top 10 pick then I’d look at it differently, as should you.

Honestly, it just seems like you didn’t like the Jackson pick/trading Flacco so you’re hating on every move the FO is making.
    Bro he's still bitching about BOLDIN!

The first QB taken had more immediate success than the 5th QB taken?? Wow who would've thought!!! Man it's a good thing Dak fucking Prescott panned out or the Cowboys would've proven that they're just lost. (But the 5th QB taken unarguably had more immediate success than the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th taken)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I swear man people aren't living in REALITY. In reality, we got 10 wins and went to the playoffs. In reality, Lamar Jackson had much better stats than a lot of really good QBs did in their rookie year. I'm sick of the oh but but buts. Why do you enjoy football if you can't appreciate it and get excited when we actually WIN our division?
    Not living in REALITY?

Those 10 wins, (that 10 & 6 ) record last year is the only thing that separates this team from being an exactly .500 team from 2013- through 2019. That is the actual reality that you seem to choose to ignore.

That 4 marginal wins gives them a barely above .500 record.

The reality is last season the Steelers imploded. Probably wont happen again since their two problem players are gone. So they will probably be a competitive team again in 2019.

The reality is last season the Browns stumbled out of the gate, still with Hue Jackson and still beat this team once and almost swept them in the final game. They were very close to coming back. Mayfield threw a bad pass and thankfully Mosley ended it or it very well could have been 0& 2 against those same paper champs.

As much as you are sick of hearing it. There are equal as many fans who are sick of the same fans who never see any wrong.

You seem to confuse my sentiments. I want it fixed. But they continue to make alot of the same dumb ass moves. Again dismantling and back to square one with the WR core.

I do not have a problem losing Crabtree and Brown. I have a problem with doing it without better personnel on hand to replace them.
    I guess short term memory has you forgetting the 2013 season when the Ravens did this very same thing. They traded away our best WR, and told us all Marlon Brown and Tandon Doss was adequate replacements. I accepted it then and was just like you. Saw no wrong.

My outlook will change when they actually start making changes.