Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A quick look at Jordy Nelson's numbers

A quick look at Jordy Nelson's numbers = $0 from the Ravens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You specifically downed Jordy based on YPC.

Then you pivoted the convo into and entirely different topic. My point in bringing up Boldin was that either low ypc means a WR is bad or not. You can't have it both ways and rationalize away the difference. It can't be bad for Jordy but good for Boldin. But, its all good i'm done.
    It doesn’t mean he’s bad or not. It means they fit with what certain offenses need, or not. Offenses are more than a collection of players. Boldin fit what we needed (a reliable target on a team with a handful of less reliable but dynamic playmakers). The current team isn’t like that at all.

(Sorry I know you said you’re done in the other thread lol but I wanted to make my final response to the point you made in here too lol)

Jordy is much like Weddle: the final piece to someone else's puzzle.

Lamar is going to need someone to grow with. Jordy is now someone who has one foot out of the door.

I like that Jordy is a pro and that he played with Aaron Rodgers -- factors that make you think he might be a good mentor. But Jordy's declining skills would make such a move seem to be three years too late. If he becomes a Raven I'll tend to think it was because both the player and the team struck out elsewhere.

We are now at the period of free agency when teams look to Draft Santa to bring them shiny new toys. Jordy is not that; he's the outdated but still playable gaming system that you kill time with.

Blog Entries

Did anyone reading this thread bother to look at Jordy's numbers?

Jordy might be declining compared to Jordy but he would easily be the best WR on the Ravens and better then many of the free agent WRs that people in this forum wanted.

smh

You could argue that if even if we double dipped our first 2 picks at WR that we'd still need a vet to play some snaps until the rookies work their way in.

I dont have snap counts, but guys like Moore and Gallup ended up playing quite a bit, but not so much at the start. I do beleive Ridley played in the slot a lot to start, but he was pretty well protected by having Julio and Sanu.

I'm just sick of old WR's coming here TBH.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You could argue that if even if we double dipped our first 2 picks at WR that we'd still need a vet to play some snaps until the rookies work their way in.

I dont have snap counts, but guys like Moore and Gallup ended up playing quite a bit, but not so much at the start. I do beleive Ridley played in the slot a lot to start, but he was pretty well protected by having Julio and Sanu.

I'm just sick of old WR's coming here TBH.
    Something I keep coming back to is there’s no “until” with Harbaugh with guys as established as Jordy. If healthy he’d be handed the job day one and keep it all year.

That’s part of why I Inman is so perfect. He’s got the route running and hands to be the reliable placeholder but I don’t see Harbs being reluctant to sit him if the young guys are showing they deserve more run.

Any reason why?
    Because he'd be too productive and cheap

We only pay for expensive guys with lack of production

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Something I keep coming back to is there’s no “until” with Harbaugh with guys as established as Jordy. If healthy he’d be handed the job day one and keep it all year.

That’s part of why I Inman is so perfect. He’s got the route running and hands to be the reliable placeholder but I don’t see Harbs being reluctant to sit him if the young guys are showing they deserve more run.

Is this a joke?

You don't want Jordy Nelson but want Inman?

Is this a joke?

I'd prefer Inman over Jordy. He got playing time in the last few regular season games and playoffs and played really well. Pretty sure he caught all of his targets in the postseaon.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Is this a joke?

*as a placeholder*

You know I like talking to you but you have a pretty consistent habit of picking on specific parts of my posts and ignoring the rest of said posts where I explain those parts.

Ideally, whatever veteran we sign at this point won’t be starting by the end of the year. I don’t think Harbaugh would ever sit Jordy. I do think he would sit Inman if/when the young guys step up.

I’m also a lot less concerned about Inman falling off a cliff. Their rate stats were pretty comparable (71.8% catch percentage and 10.9 ypc. Only 33 yards a game but trending well up at the end of the year) but Inman is several years younger. The amount Jordy has already declined relative to his recent prime concerns me.