Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official 2019 NFL Draft Center Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    My assessment is not off.

I did not say Hurst was playing bad. Hurst is clearly a better player than Alex Lewis. Lewis is bad and should be nothing but depth if even that.

A coaches job is to put the 5 best players out there. Harbaugh did not do that. Orlando started every snap all 5 games in preseason and looked great.

Hurst should have been the starting LG, Orlando should have been the starting RT Game 1.

Harbaugh is stubborn and does not like change. They gave Hurst starter money in March before Orlando was drafted yet another reason they probably wanted to force the issue of him being the RT.

Put the 5 best players on the field. And he did not do that.
    The line struggled at times in the first 8 games before Flacco injury and that might not have happened if the 5 best players were out there.
    People were very high on Alex Lewis before this season. Health was always the big issue, but clearly his skills have declined since all the time he's spent out of the game since he was drafted in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    People were very high on Alex Lewis before this season. Health was always the big issue, but clearly his skills have declined since all the time he's spent out of the game since he was drafted in 2016.
    Lewis played a few decent games his rookie year. Whether you want to blame it on injuries or his skill the fact is he is not a very good player the past two seasons.

He should not be starting. Hurst has played decent but nothing to rave about. No matter Hurst or Lewis lack of talent. Orlandos talent has been evident since he was drafted and he should have been starting Game 1.

His skill and play should have kept Lewis on the bench and Hurst moved inside where he plays better.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He may not be a mauler per se but Chris Lindstrom would transform this line.
    Finally someone that watches film, Bozeman is a uncoordinated goofy mess, spends most of the time on the ground or wiffin at defensive players. Chris is my favorite OL in this draft, great feet and physicality. Maybe I should post highlights of Bozeman embarrassing himself at the senior bowl, dude is a wasted pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Finally someone that watches film, Bozeman is a uncoordinated goofy mess, spends most of the time on the ground or wiffin at defensive players. Chris is my favorite OL in this draft, great feet and physicality. Maybe I should post highlights of Bozeman embarrassing himself at the senior bowl, dude is a wasted pick.
    Yeah, he definitely winds up on the ground too much. But he really understands positioning, has a strong punch/good technique with his hands generally and the functional strength to be a solid anchor. His strengths were never going to show through in one on one practice reps but if you’re going to make its possible to make it as a useful part of a five man unit despite clumsy feet/balance, and if you’re going to do so, he’s got the traits you need. We’ll see how he looks moving forward.

As to him being a wasted pick, he already played some useful snaps on the way to a division championship which is probably more than you’re gonna get from an average 6th round pick in their career. The 6th and 7th are basically priority UDFAs that you don’t have to compete for. Their hit rate is pretty much identical to signed UDFAs league wide.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Michael Jordan, Ohio State: Michael Jordan made the switch to Center, out of necessity for the team. He played admirably, but is just not made for the Center position. He looks and plays like a plodding road grader, but lacks the strength of one. That is the first thing that stands out about him on tape. He just cannot handle the power inside. If he's faced with halfway decent interior pressure, he'll need help. A lot of help. He can move enough to get out for screens and misdirection, but seems lost from an assignment perspective.

He can handle speed guys a little better, but that's only if they lack the proper technique. Then, he has enough power to get them off balance. His problem is that he himself lacks balance, is often caught lunging and will even unnecessarily find himself on the ground a few times.
    I would, under no circumstances, draft him to play Center. Personally, I wouldn't even draft him to play Guard.
    DISAGREEEEEE.

This guy was a Fr All American, 1st team all big ten as a soph, then got 2nd team all big ten at Center his jr year. High recruit. I do agree he needs to build strength and sometimes plays lazy. Orlando Brown was also told he needed to get stronger - played fine for us.

I think he has good shot to be taken in rounds 2-3 solely based on his age (21), frame and noted versatility.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483