Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Analyzing what they do at the biggest position of need.

I think Bradbury is as sexy as Metcalf, those are my sexiest picks, who’s got a higher floor outside the top 10 than Bradbury?

Quote Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
    I think Bradbury is as sexy as Metcalf, those are my sexiest picks, who’s got a higher floor outside the top 10 than Bradbury?
    Ayoo

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The Ravens need to start developing and grooming a player who can replace Yanda. He isn’t going to play forever. Can never have too much depth on the offensive line.
    I agree. IOL is a big need and it is also a position the Ravens have historically drafted well. They need both a WR and IOL so they need to do what they do best and grab a day one starter for the line first and take their chances later with a WR. It's way less risky for them than going WR with their 1st pick. Who knows maybe there will be a WR post June cut.

Bozeman turning out to be a legit starter would be pretty huge for us moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Bozeman turning out to be a legit starter would be pretty huge for us moving forward.
    And it would mean Hurst or Skura aren’t getting snaps.

Blog Entries

I actually think that’s what the coaching staff is banking on NJRavensFan. I think they understand that they can’t fix all of their issues in one off-season. So, they may feel that they’ll have to take a chance somewhere. The draft isn’t filled with Center prospects who fit this offense either.

Blog Entries

Bozeman has the ability to be as good as Ryan Jensen was for us in his contract year.

The offensive line isnt drastically worse than its been the past 5 years. There are always rotating positions of concern, and for many teams they face a similar issue.

Our WR core on the other hand, has been the worst in the league for what seems like forever. Having real passing threats will take pressure off they line by opening up the defense and allow them to play better.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The offensive line isnt drastically worse than its been the past 5 years. There are always rotating positions of concern, and for many teams they face a similar issue.

Our WR core on the other hand, has been the worst in the league for what seems like forever. Having real passing threats will take pressure off they line by opening up the defense and allow them to play better.
    I won't argue against them needing both WR and OL, they do. I just think the OL is a little more important.

If the Ravens could draft their top choice at OL or their top choice at WR, who do you think would have a bigger impact for them the next 4-5 years, or longer? I think its' OL, for multiple reasons. They have historically drafted OL better than WR. They've developed who they draft better at OL than at WR. Their anchor(Yanda) is nearing the end of his career. They aren't going to target the WR's that much anyway. I know the threat at WR makes a difference, but other teams aren't really going to be shaking in their shoes at the Ravens downfield passing offense no matter who they line up at WR.

I think the Ravens are in a little bit of bind not having a 2nd. So it really kinda puts the pressure to address WR and/or pass rusher in round 1. If they don't have a way to trade down a get a pick in the second I'd address one of those two with the first pick. It's a lot easier to get a quality interior OL later in the draft.

As it stands right now, they need to add depth and talent at OL, but they don't need an immediate starter. Skura wasn't anywhere near as bad as some felt he was in 2018, and I don't feel that bad about LG. Hurst is either going to show well enough to hold the job in camp or Bozeman will take the job and be an upgrade. The OTs are set and Yanda will hold down RG for another year.

They need to probably draft 2 guys. Maybe only 1 if they feel really good about Greg Senat, but you can never have enough quality linemen.

WR and EDGE are both well ahead of OL on the needs chart. The current WR depth chart has Wishes at X, Hopes at Z, and Wilie Snead in the slot. That's laughable. Our WR depth chart is last in the league by an order of magnitude. The #31 ranked WR group in the league probably has #3/#4 guys that would be clear starters for us.

Blog Entries

I think there is no doubt that our OL is stronger position than our WRs. But our offense is going to have a style that requires an elite run blocking OL. That's where I'd be concentrating on building up before adding WRs for Lamar.