Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Donald Penn cut from Raiders

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-five-seasons/

Do you think he could play guard at as a stopgap option? Could be a quick plug and play. Big Mauler option that should come cheap, since he is 35 years old. Not sure if there would be a wide spread interest in him league wide playing tackle.

Blog Entries

Re: Donald Penn cut from Raiders

Penn only plays Tackle and he’ll be 36 thus year. I wouldn’t go near him.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-five-seasons/

Do you think he could play guard at as a stopgap option? Could be a quick plug and play. Big Mauler option that should come cheap, since he is 35 years old. Not sure if there would be a wide spread interest in him league wide playing tackle.
    I heard he took a job as a greeter at Walmart.... come on, stop looking for these over the hill players... we are trying to get younger rather then a retirement home for NFL players.... I guess next someone will start a thread asking if we should ask Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to come out of retirement if they agree to take a friendly deal....

I would rather see anything at this point taken care of in the draft regardless if they are the worst at that position left to take.... people act as if we are headed to the playoffs and need only one or two pieces to get there....

We do need a better backup OT in my opinion but I doubt a player of Penn's stature would want that role.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    We do need a better backup OT in my opinion but I doubt a player of Penn's stature would want that role.
    Address the iOL so we can have Hurst compete w Senat for backup OT

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I heard he took a job as a greeter at Walmart.... come on, stop looking for these over the hill players... we are trying to get younger rather then a retirement home for NFL players.... I guess next someone will start a thread asking if we should ask Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to come out of retirement if they agree to take a friendly deal....

I would rather see anything at this point taken care of in the draft regardless if they are the worst at that position left to take.... people act as if we are headed to the playoffs and need only one or two pieces to get there....
    This is an idiotic response. The guy is a year removed from going back to back to the Pro Bowls (16'-17' yes just the Pro Bowl, but he is no JAG). It would be ideal but, you can't have 21 year olds at every position. Before last year where his season was cut short with a groin injury, he had started every game besides two ( played in 14 games).

We were in the playoffs last year and with a stronger line performance in the playoff game, we may have went further. Not saying this is the answer, but I would relate this to signing Bobbie Williams on 2013 Super Bowl team. Always nice to have a vet in the facility to let the young guys bounce things off of and come in if needed. If you don't think the Ravens have Playoff aspirations this year then you're fooling yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I don't want Hurst at OT.
    I don't wan...

Blog Entries

He’s had a lot of issues staying healthy. Knee and foot issues.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    No way! Hurst has found his niche @ OG. I think that if we had a stronger Center, Hurst could thrive @ LG, but he has shown in the past that he isn't OT material. Maybe we try/groom Eluemanor? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    No way! Hurst has found his niche @ OG. I think that if we had a stronger Center, Hurst could thrive @ LG, but he has shown in the past that he isn't OT material. Maybe we try/groom Eluemanor? ... Bc
    I hope you weren't being serious. Eluemanor was awful when he played and has since been released. Hurst is terrible his only niche is stealing money and a roster spot.

He's a backup guy who the coaches love because he can play anywhere on the OLINE. He doesn't play anywhere well including guard but his flexibility to be able to play all positions (poorly) does offer some value which is about the only positive thing I can say about him. The Chargers game was probably the worst performance I have ever seen from Ravens OL since Gino

Blog Entries

Hurst can be just fine at guard if center is upgraded.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I hope you weren't being serious. Eluemanor was awful when he played and has since been released. Hurst is terrible his only niche is stealing money and a roster spot.

He's a backup guy who the coaches love because he can play anywhere on the OLINE. He doesn't play anywhere well including guard but his flexibility to be able to play all positions (poorly) does offer some value which is about the only positive thing I can say about him. The Chargers game was probably the worst performance I have ever seen from Ravens OL since Gino
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...nor-to-p-squad

... Bc