Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OT: Joe's Press Conference in Denver

Weirdest thing I did today was listening to my quarterb....I mean my FORMER quarterback doing a press conference as the newest member of the Denver Broncos. It was crazy because as I listened I had like 3 moments where I had to remind myself he was not talking about the Ravens. It was all the normal Joe stuff, same monotone delivery we had all grown accustomed to over the years, but I did find it interesting how so many of the radio personalities came away from it with a new perspective on Joe. they freely admitted how they thought based on what they've seen publicly that he was pretty boring and meh. But after meeting him and talking to him in person, they feel like "there's just something about him" that's been missing in Denver since Peyton left. A few commented that he had a swagger and confidence about him that Case never displayed last year. And several commented that they didn't realize how big he really is. Coach Fangio commented on how when they brough him out for a physical, Joe came up to his room to just talk football and the direction of the team. Fangio was worried that Joe wasn't excited to come to Denver, but was completely surprised by how excited he was. Said he thought it would be a quick convo, but basically had to throw Joe out of his room two hours later because he was still going.

Joe dropped a couple of funny lines in his presser about Brady showing everyone that quarterbacks can play well into their 60s and also pointed out Brandon Stokely in the media crowd saying how it was cool to play with him at the end of his career but that he's soo much happier to being playing with Courtland at the beginning of his.

Please, if you were happy to see Joe go, please don't feel the need to comment here to remind us all of why you are glad he's gone. There are plenty of threads for that. I just thought it was interesting seeing how it's playing out away from Baltimore.

Re: OT: Joe's Press Conference in Denver

Is this an appreciation thread?

Btw i thought it was hilarious he thinks he is just entering his prime ��

I'm glad to see Joe go!

Listening to that was a bit weird, but Joe said all the right things one would expect in that situation.

I wish him success in Denver, except in any games where the Broncos winning would adversely affect the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Btw i thought it was hilarious he thinks he is just entering his prime ��
    Me too. He and John were both straightfaced when they said it too.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Is this an appreciation thread?
    No, more of a "wow that was weird" thread.

Think about it this way, lotsa fans with outdated jerseys across the league this FA. A ton of fan favorites switched teams including Thomas.

For some folks here, watching that press conference is prolly like seeing an ex's new wedding video.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Me too. He and John were both straightfaced when they said it too.
    In Elway's case, the phrase "straight from the horse's mouth" comes to mind.

I think Joe is Right. Just getting started. I felt that way last year about Joe. If he is healthy as ever, he will have a great time in Denver.

I’m 100% RavensBaby but I personally have a soft spot for Denver. Was my first franchise i loved before my Ravens were born. Joe going there , i thanks Eric alot for sending him there. A good place for Joe and hope he balls out.
    Always Ravens win first for me , but hope Joe enjoy and do well up there. He is a good dude and have Hamilton and Sutton which I begged Ravens to draft both.
    Always #Wacko4Flacco and well him well.
    Lamar is my QB now and hope he gains my love just as much and have faith Lamar gets better each year. He has showed that the last 3 years. Sky the limit for Lamar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

yeah, I'm excited about the next chapter in Baltimore with Lamar. It's just going to be weird seeing Joe on TV every week and hearing him talked about daily on the radio out here, while also scouring everywhere else for my Ravens news. It's going to be fun watching the fans out here either embrace him or become like many of the posters on this board. Gonna be a weird season for me.

Joe was Class act all the way. I will miss seeing him play.

He was on pace for a career season last year.