Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thomas & Ingram Presser

I know these are 99% coach speak and don't really reveal too much but hey it's Friday and I like picking up tidbits and reading way too into things.

Anyone have any thoughts on what John/EDC/Mark/Earl said?

For me most interesting factoids were that Marlon gave Earl #29 (lol) and that for Sizzle going to Arizona wasn't financially motivated.

Re: Thomas & Ingram Presser

I'm wondering how much Harbs' claim that lots of guys were calling trying to get into this organization is true.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Yea I agree.

I think that players' perspectives are totally different from fans', and so I'm inclined to believe it.

From sooo many accounts, players seem to love the environment when they get to Baltimore (Weddle, SSS, the list goes on and on of vets who came and said it was a great place to be). Even Ingram mentioned it in his presser about how many players reached out to talk about the Ravens and presumably say positive things (he listed Jacoby, Jamal Lewis, Jefferson, Reed (though I dunno how much Ed reached out) to name a few).

And from an on field perspective, I do think players take a bit of a longer view than we do as fans. We get frustrated with unexciting offenses and similar results game to game and year to year, but that's cuz we go through it week in and week out. When a player isn't keeping a close eye on the organization, they probably see a team that plays hard when they match up against them, and that over the last decade has some of the most playoff wins and a good amount of all pro talent or guys who get developed and cash into HUGE contracts.

Now that being said....I doubt any WR are knocking down the door lol

Also say what you want but the Ravens organization seems to be one of the best RUN in the NFL, and when you are a player (ie employee) that's a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BhndEnemyLines20 View Post
    Yea I agree.

I think that players' perspectives are totally different from fans', and so I'm inclined to believe it.

From sooo many accounts, players seem to love the environment when they get to Baltimore (Weddle, SSS, the list goes on and on of vets who came and said it was a great place to be). Even Ingram mentioned it in his presser about how many players reached out to talk about the Ravens and presumably say positive things (he listed Jacoby, Jamal Lewis, Jefferson, Reed (though I dunno how much Ed reached out) to name a few).

And from an on field perspective, I do think players take a bit of a longer view than we do as fans. We get frustrated with unexciting offenses and similar results game to game and year to year, but that's cuz we go through it week in and week out. When a player isn't keeping a close eye on the organization, they probably see a team that plays hard when they match up against them, and that over the last decade has some of the most playoff wins and a good amount of all pro talent or guys who get developed and cash into HUGE contracts.

Now that being said....I doubt any WR are knocking down the door lol
    Yeah I totally agree.

I just wonder who those players were, and I wonder how common it is for players to come inquiring to specific teams...
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Harbaugh is a professional bullshit artist. He makes Gruden look like an amateur. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously he is always blowing smoke up peoples asses

Ingram was talking about loving the run first offense!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Both guys are high energy super competitive types. It's what we are looking for. To build a team. Not Beckhsm type or Freddy Kitchen bwahaha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    Ingram was talking about loving the run first offense!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ingram is no bullshit. He was my favorite Saint....he is a truck and he will break off big ones. That's a heck of a 1-2 punch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

10. Re: Thomas & Ingram Presser

Ingram seems really personable. I think he's going to win over the fanbase and community in short order (kinda like Ben Watson did).

Earl seemed a bit more aloof/shy, but he even struck me as intense at this happy-go-lucky press conference, LOL! Thomas is going to be a KILLER for us (assuming he stays healthy). Also, if Deshon Elliot and Chuck Clark want to maximize their potential, I think they have just the right guy to emulate in that DB room.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Harbaugh is a professional bullshit artist. He makes Gruden look like an amateur. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously he is always blowing smoke up peoples asses
    and we are lucky to have him...