Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson is not a miracle worker

Lol I'm sure Ozzie drafted a QB of the future for a future he wouldn't be a part of without talking at all with EDC or Harbaugh if they were interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    no
    Much better response tbh

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Lol I'm sure Ozzie drafted a QB of the future for a future he wouldn't be a part of without talking at all with EDC or Harbaugh if they were interested in him.
    Isn’t Ozzie still involved? Highest paid scout Biscotti said? Something along them lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I just hope John Harbaugh let lamar play his game and let him rip it.
    Don’t want Lamar going into the game and have harbs in the back of his mind saying don’t make risky throws or something
    If I am LJ I basically say screw Harbaugh and whatever he would tell me... what’s he going to do.. he certainly isn’t going to pull LJ because LJ didn’t listen to him... seems LJ is one player who really can do what he wants since the Ravens are going all out to get players that will fit LJ’s style of play... so even if LJ does as he wants to there is no way that Harbaugh pulls him as it would make Harbaugh look extremely bad...and with no viable back up basically Harbaugh and the Ravens are screwed... what is Harbaugh going to do...get a FA QB that is in a completely different style and start all over again... so if I am LJ I could care less about Harbaugh and let people and other teams see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Was Lamar a DeCosta (ED) or was he Ozzie’s guy? I think this could be something to think about heading into the draft. Maybe if a QB ED likes to a mid round maybe he pulls the trigger and doesn’t proceed as Jackson is the future of the Ravens. DeCosta has proven that he’ll make moves that Ozzie certainly wouldn’t have.

I thought Tony L posted on here about Jackson was Steve B and Ozzie selection not so much Decosta. Not 100% but I thought that was what I read here somewhere.

I personally hope that would be the case on targeting another QB. I do not see Jackson being the guy. Never liked the pick the moment it happened. Looked like sheer desperation on Ozzies part for him going out with a Bang in his final draft as GM

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I thought Tony L posted on here about Jackson was Steve B and Ozzie selection not so much Decosta. Not 100% but I thought that was what I read here somewhere.

I personally hope that would be the case on targeting another QB. I do not see Jackson being the guy. Never liked the pick the moment it happened. Looked like sheer desperation on Ozzies part for him going out with a Bang in his final draft as GM
    I’m not saying to not give Jackson a chance because he does show flashes of ability and big play potential. But if a QB is hanging around in the 3rd or 4th they like I dont see why you don’t pull the trigger.

Was Lamar a DeCosta (ED) or was he Ozzie’s guy? I think this could be something to think about heading into the draft. Maybe if a QB ED likes to a mid round maybe he pulls the trigger and doesn’t proceed as Jackson is the future of the Ravens. DeCosta has proven that he’ll make moves that Ozzie certainly wouldn’t have.

Soooo, you think during ozzies’ last draft he took a QB in the first round without Decosta being heavily involved in the decision knowing he’s taking over the next year? Cmon, we are smarter than that.

I’m not saying to not give Jackson a chance because he does show flashes of ability and big play potential. But if a QB is hanging around in the 3rd or 4th they like I dont see why you don’t pull the trigger.

I doubt we will ever see that happen. They do not have a history of doing things like that, selecting another QB early to mid rounds. They usually burn a 6th or 7th rounder on someone who never makes the roster.

I would expect them to roll with Jackson, if he does fail wait considerably too long to address it like they did with Boller. Boller was somehow still on this roster when they drafted Flacco. The Ravens front office has a history of not focusing on the offense as heavily as they do the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    If I am LJ I basically say screw Harbaugh and whatever he would tell me... what’s he going to do.. he certainly isn’t going to pull LJ because LJ didn’t listen to him... seems LJ is one player who really can do what he wants since the Ravens are going all out to get players that will fit LJ’s style of play... so even if LJ does as he wants to there is no way that Harbaugh pulls him as it would make Harbaugh look extremely bad...and with no viable back up basically Harbaugh and the Ravens are screwed... what is Harbaugh going to do...get a FA QB that is in a completely different style and start all over again... so if I am LJ I could care less about Harbaugh and let people and other teams see what I can do.
    I mean if you’re a selfish asshole, sure. But Lamar is by all accounts driven and extremely coachable.

He has tattoos, wears gold and drives fast cars tho so I guess he’s just some punk kid amirite

There is no effing way that LJ was picked in spite of EDC’s best wishes. 99.99% chance he was EDC’s guy.
    That said, the end of the 4th round is as early as I’d want a QB selected...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    One thing I’m not really worried about is Lamar’s ability to handle adversity and stay focused. Might be wrong but that’s the vibe I get from him. He puts enough pressure on himself to be great that I don’t really think he’s gonna be bothered by outside pressure
    It’s going to be the pressure to produce on the field that you alluded to. He’s going to get frustrated, because he wants to win, and he may start forcing the issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't want any QB who's not interested in thinking he has to play "hero-ball" as you call it.
    I hear you to a degree, but without the proper weapons, ‘hero-ball’ will be when the mistakes eccentuate.