Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516

Re: Lamar Jackson is not a miracle worker

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    His stance when throwing is so narrow, he relies so much on just arm strength

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    He is able to snap his hips pretty effectively even from the narrow base, but it definitely makes it harder to do so consistently.

I think it was Ben Solak who had an article about him pre draft that breaks that down really in depth.

I definitely agree that his mechanics were worse last year than the year before but I think that’s pretty natural for a young rookie. You could see him rushing his throws a lot and his mechanics would absolutely go to pieces when he did. Hopefully the more experience he gets the less and less he’ll rush.

Blog Entries

I thought one of the best things the Ravens's coaching staff accomplished was getting Lamar to widen his narrow base. I thought Lamar regressed the most with the lack of consistency with his arm angles and arm slotting. I don't recall Lamar throwing from nearly as many side-arm and 3/4 motion angles. I also thought he regressed when throwing on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I thought one of the best things the Ravens's coaching staff accomplished was getting Lamar to widen his narrow base. I thought Lamar regressed the most with the lack of consistency with his arm angles and arm slotting. I don't recall Lamar throwing from nearly as many side-arm and 3/4 motion angles. I also thought he regressed when throwing on the run.
    He maintained his base in the pocket, particularly when he slid. However, when he had to move and reset he wouldn't reset the wide base.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I thought one of the best things the Ravens's coaching staff accomplished was getting Lamar to widen his narrow base. I thought Lamar regressed the most with the lack of consistency with his arm angles and arm slotting.
    IF the Ravens staff was able to get Lamar to make positive changes in his stance & step while throwing, then it is to be expected that his passing effectiveness & consistency would take a dip. When you break something down, it has to get worse before it gets better. That's only natural – to be expected. One step back to take two steps forward.

If that's the case, then Lamar's inconsistent throwing this past season is good news disguised as bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    IF the Ravens staff was able to get Lamar to make positive changes in his stance & step while throwing, then it is to be expected that his passing effectiveness & consistency would take a dip. When you break something down, it has to get worse before it gets better. That's only natural – to be expected. One step back to take two steps forward.

If that's the case, then Lamar's inconsistent throwing this past season is good news disguised as bad.
    I don't agree that changing a QB's throwing base will/should necessarily effect and/or cause inconsistencies their arm angles.

The reasons for the drop in Lamar's passing aside; I believe the decline itself is something to take note of IF you agree that he regressed as passer [net]. I noticed a dip in his passing and just wanted to post Cosell's view.

Just wanted to jump in and say this is a GREAT thread. The kind of thread that makes RSR what it is, and keeps people coming back and wading through all the crap threads and threads that devolve quickly into Lamar vs Joe nonsense.

Thanks to everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Reminds me of Bruce Lee tbh (obviously this isnt Lamar learning how to throw for the first time but learning a *new way* to throw still applies)

“The second stage—the stage of sophistication, or mechanical stage—begins when a person starts his training. He is taught the different ways of blocking, striking, kicking, standing, breathing, and thinking. Unquestionably, he has gained the scientific knowledge of combat, but unfortunately his original self and sense of freedom are lost, and his action no longer flows by itself. His mind tends to freeze at different moments for calculations and analysis, and even worse, he can be called ‘intellectually bound’ and maintain himself outside of the actual reality.”

Obviously this is a temporary stage but a necessary evil, if you’re going to break down someone’a muscle memory and build it back up again.

Blog Entries

Neither here nor there but it looked liked Jim Zorn was running Kylar Murray pro-day......would love it Lamar linked up with him.

Blog Entries

I doubt that would happen. Harbaugh’s already fired him once.

yep, thats why he's erratic and looked bad at times with outside throws as a rookie. Hopefully our coaching steps their game up
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    yep, thats why he's erratic and looked bad at times with outside throws as a rookie. Hopefully our coaching steps their game up
    I’m praying.